Spartacus: War of the Damned

The Sarge

I've just started watching this. It's not actually that bad. The writing seems pretty good. The CGI gore is stupidly OTT in the first episode, but feels toned down in the next few episodes I've seen. I've watched up to episode 4, and was actually pretty shocked when

Spartacus had to go down in the Pits to fight, and you see that guy carving the face off one of his opponents, then parading it around the arena.

Strong stuff for a TV show.

Oh, and Spartacus' wife would so get it.

Almost? I cried like a baby! Horrible and yet fantastic at the same time.

Yep, I never cry at films/tv.

I must be dead inside.

Any News??

I heard that Bravo had been linked.

EDIT - Dammit, JohnC beat me to it. TWSS.

So if I 'procure' this and start watching it, is it worth 'procuring' the 720p version for the... anatomy? And how does it compare to Rome and The Tudors?

More tits and ass than Rome and The Tudors combined.

Yeah, the first episode isn't so great. Once I was about 5 or 6 episodes in, I was hooked. I think it being shot in the style of "300" is what might put people off initially, leading them to think the series probably lacks depth. But that's not true at all.

I've just watched episode 9.

That five times head slam into the tiles by Ilithyia was brutal!! The woman's face was smashed to absolute pieces!

What a great show. Fantastic characters, political manoeuverings, Xena's tits, amazing gore, and John Hannah having routine conversations whilst absent mindedly fucking slaves.

and John Hannah having routine conversations whilst absent mindedly fucking slaves.

And don't forget saying cock a lot of times, usually about 5 times per episode.

Episode 11 was good.

The double cross by old beardy was excellent.

Watched all 11 episodes on Monday and both episode 6 and 10 made me well up with tears.

I've got to admit, I felt pretty choked up by what happened in episode 10.

My heart was in my mouth before it "happened" as well. The tension was incredible. I felt like I'd stopped breathing. It's quite a while since a show has made me feel like this about its characters.

Bit paranoid with the spoiler there, but it's so much better if people go into this show cold.

Episode 12 was indeed very good. So much happened. The writers are doing such a good job. Nothing feels forced. You never get the sense that it's been made up as they go along like you do with a lot of American TV. Each moment feels like they've been building to it, like they wrote the entire series before they started shooting.

Was it me, or did

the bit where Spartacus had to fight the Centurions remind anyone of Batman: Arkham Asylum?

:)