IGNORED

Spartacus: War of the Damned

The Sarge

Fantastic show this. I haven't watched much recently in terms of tv and movies (life and videogames getting in the way!) but I put on the first episode and ended up watching the whole thing very quickly. Really trashy and fun in the best possible way. John Hannah was absolutely terrific IMO and stole the show from everyone else, though you came to really like most of the characters and how their storylines developed. The one thing I really liked as well is how well it all comes together at the end of the series, it feels planned out from the beginning and all the best for it. Was impressed with what they managed to do with the budget as well.

I wonder how many times though they had to refer to having their arsecheeks spread and then jupiters cock ramned right up it. John Hannah seemed to enjoy saying that a bit too much :(

Jupiter's cock!

I love that.

Anyway not too sure about this prequel idea but seeing as its because the guy who plays Spartacus is ill, there's not much else they could have done, I guess. I wonder how they will write him in for two episodes, if the whole story is set in the past? Its not like they can have Lost style flash forwards. Well I guess they could, but I don't see how it would make sense or have any relevance to the story of the House of Batiatus.

This series reminds me of Prison Break series one, in that it was a very tightly plotted and fast paced story, really nicely produced and with some memorable characters and scenes. I think they will have the same problems spinning it out into an equally gripping further season that Prison Break had, as well, though, sadly.

There's plenty of scope for the Romans to be plotting and manoeuvring amongst themselves while they try to crush the slaves and the slaves split into different groups during the war. The problem is going to be showing the battles, it's in the arena that the action has worked so far, that's lost now.

US Blu-ray coming 21 September. Enhanced effects on some episodes. 4 Blu-ray exclusive extended directors cut episodes "featuring content too risqué, even for cable TV". Considering what they did show in the show, it may be relevant to my interests to find out just what this content is :lol:

Not sure about region coding, but according to Axel Music, 84% of Starz/Anchor bay releases have been region free.

I've been watching this over the last week, it really is quite good. I actually tend to find myself laughing at the gory bits, they're just so daft and OTT - totally in contrast to the otherwise really gripping script.

Viva Bianca is so ... :P

tons of fun, you just have to push through the complete insanity until it feels natural and the plot and characters start to outshine the violence and titties.

I watched this recently too, and yes, enjoyable and I was caught surprised but how emotionally invested I became in some of the characters by the end. A few of the scenes I found some of the most intense I've watched on TV in quite some time and I even cheered and pumped the air at one point, which I don't ever do at TV shows.

Great bit of TV. I finished it last week in only about 4 sittings as I had that "just one more!" fever going on. Some brilliantly portrayed characters and awesome scenes. Although *that* scene still leavs me choked :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the entire first season this week. Me and my girlfriend almost stopped watching after the first couple of episodes, especially the first one, were utterly shit and unbelievably cheesy. But after episode 4 or so it gradually became utterly brilliant and we ended up watching the entire season in 4 sittings. Like others have said, you really start to care about the characters, the storyline feels like it has been planned out really well since the beginning and it's all so exciting to watch. Amazing season ending too, and by Jupiter's cock I can't wait for the prequel and season 2!

• 3 weeks later...

Really, really enjoying this.

I've just watched the last four episodes on Sky+ culminating with

Crixus and Spartacus fighting the giant albino warrior, Crixus going for all the glory and inevitably getting beaten, then the 2 gladiators finally working together and ending with the giant literally losing his head after several blows of Spartacus' sword.

Now I have to wait until Tuesday for the next episode on Bravo - bah humbug!!

Best blood 'n guts TV series since Rome!

Really, really enjoying this.

I've just watched the last four episodes on Sky+ culminating with

Crixus and Spartacus fighting the giant albino warrior, Crixus going for all the glory and inevitably getting beaten, then the 2 gladiators finally working together and ending with the giant literally losing his head after several blows of Spartacus' sword.

Now I have to wait until Tuesday for the next episode on Bravo - bah humbug!!

Best blood 'n guts TV series since Rome!

Guess what?

IT GETS BETTER.

I think the consensus is that the first 4 are the ones you need to get through before it gets good.

Excellent. I've only been watching it on Bravo and enjoyed it from the start. It's trashy, but by Jupiters cock it's watchable trash.

I just watched episode 6, it was a corker!

Batthias and Asher revealed to be utter, utter bastards! I was really shocked and affected by the dastardly deeds and betrayals in this episode.

Also, the bath scene was "entertaining" to say the least! :wub:

I really, really like this show :(

I'm a couple of episodes ahead, Ep8 I think, and just when I think the show has gotten as gratuitous as it can get, it surprises me yet again:

I defy you not to wince when Horse-Cock is strung up on the crucifix with his giblets lopped off, spurting weakly over the courtyard sand