IGNORED

Dune - Denis Villeneuve to direct!

womblingfree

9 hours ago, probotector said:

I’ve just realised something

The dune theme tune is so ingrained in me...using anything else is going to feel un-dune

I love the Brian Eno theme and the Toto music for David Lynch's film too.

I'm so excited to hear what Hans Zimmer has composed for Denis Villeneuve's Dune though.

1 hour ago, DC said:

Prisoners, Sicario, Blade Runner 2049 and Arrival are all fucking bangers, so I am really looking forward to this.

I like the lynch version but as you say villeneuve has done some great films so I'm really looking forward to this.

I've not been a great cinema goer recently but I could be tempted to splash for something like this on a good iMac experience.

On 30/01/2020 at 14:24, probotector said:

I’ve just realised something

The dune theme tune is so ingrained in me...using anything else is going to feel un-dune

Been listening to the whole Toto led album again all last week. Great soundtrack.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Looking forward to more pictures.  This was today's.  Expectedly more naturalistic that Lynch's film.

0520-Dune-Timothee-Solo-Lede.jpg

I can't get over feeling that Chalamet is too old to be Paul.

Anyway, weird screenshot for Dune. Caladan and ships that I really felt we weren't going to see.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot recently, and the teaser today has stoked up my keen again. Can’t wait to see more.

Last cinema trip for me (sans small child) was Star Wars last December. With all this virus stuff going on it could well be that this ends up being my next trip. 

Might go seek out the Lynch one for a rewatch (or track down the Jodorowsky doc as I’ve never actually seen it) over the next couple of days.