rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
marsh

We Are Klang

Hated it. Like a rubbish version of the Goodies with that giant Rick Mayall clone.

I think they even made the comparison near the end (left the room before the end but I heard them mention something about it being like the Goodies).

Hated it. Like a rubbish version of the Goodies with that giant Rick Mayall clone.

I think they even made the comparison near the end (left the room before the end but I heard them mention something about it being like the Goodies).

Oh come on, a simpleton drinking a large bottle of apple fizz and then pissing on a fire at a popcorn factory whislt also urinating on various members of the public?

What's not to laugh about that?

Maybe I'm in a grumpy mood after the annoying end to Psychoville. I'll give it another go.

Its just a pilot though isnt it ?

A full series I think. As does my Tivo.

I tried to watch Psychoville and lasted 4 minutes 20 seconds.

Well I don't know what that is but there's no way it's worse than this.

I saw We Are Klang on that shit The Wall show.

It was shit but they were the most shit thing on it. They made Horne & Corden look sophisticated.

I'm not gonna watch this.

Disjointed and occasionally too surreal for its own good... but there were some laughs from me. Don't know if I will tune in every week.

OOOOOOoooooOOOoooookay...

Positives:

None of the same old BBC Three comedy actors have been used.

Negatives:

What JPickford said. I think thats the best ever Rik Mayall impersonator i have ever seen.

- The whole thing was like a Saturday morning Going Live sketch. In fact, Trevor & Simon are probably better.

Negatives:

What JPickford said. I think thats the best ever Rik Mayall impersonator i have ever seen.

In fact, Trevor & Simon are probably better.

Correction - the best giant Rik Mayall impersonator.

And Trevor & Simon were superb.

I howled at the pissing bit, but that's just me.

It probably is funny, but the acting / execution was amateurish... which killed it.

For example, if the REAL Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmonson were doing the sketch, it would be so much more professional.

OK.. everyone has to start somewhere.. but Rik & Ade were Awesome from the first time you saw them on TV!

It probably is funny, but the acting / execution was amateurish... which killed it.

For example, if the REAL Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmonson were doing the sketch, it would be so much more professional.

OK.. everyone has to start somewhere.. but Rik & Ade were Awesome from the first time you saw them on TV!

I see what you're getting at - it felt more like they were having fun than actually being in their roles - especially during the audience participation stuff. There's a bit of Boosh-ness in the show, but not much.

I'll never forget the first time I saw Rik & Ade on telly. Awesome scenes.

8 minutes I lasted. What do I win?
Holy shit, I couldnt make it past the first minute. Now thats impressive.
This is a true story. I thought: this is a bit of a slog, no good jokes yet and it's been going for ages now. Looked at the time. THREE MINUTES.
I have just watched 27 SECONDS of this.

and i think its crap.

Lets carry on..

I lasted less than a minute and I usually like this type of comedy. Bad beyond belief!

I think we managed about 2 minutes. To put that into perspective, we managed the whole of the first episode of Horne & Corden. I normally like to give new comedies a fair crack of the whip but that was just hurting my brain.

Horne and Corden didn't even get a look in.

Admitedly it lacked a hell of alot of polish but for me that was part of it's charm.

Besides, when was the last time Rik and Ade did anything on the TV?

yeah I was sub 1 minute. rubbishness, and why are people still using canned laughter?

First time round, I got as far them shouting. Do I win a prize?

I tried again just now, but didn't get much further. Is it just me or is the laugh track really badly done on this?

I enjoyed it. It was obviously shit, but it made me laugh, so I'm okay with it. I particularly liked the audience participation bit.