Game of Thrones (All book discussion in marked spoiler tags please)

fasteasyfree

I think that's the best picture i have seen of her but she still looks at least fifteen years too old :unsure:

I'm with you on that - Catelyn can't be much over 30 when the series starts (married young/got pregnant in about 2 mins before Ned went chasing Arthur Dayne/Rob is 14), and she looks mid-forties there. Mind you, the hard northern winters would play havoc with her skin if she doesn't cleanse, tone and moisturise.

If this lasts long enough to hit the A Feast for Crows season, wonder how they'll handle it. Can't see viewers being happy with a faithful adaptation.

"Hey HBO, where've all the good characters gone?"

Assuming that R Martin doesn't pop his clogs within the next 4 years Dance with Dragons should at least be done by then and given they are two halves of the same book that could flick between the plotlines fairly easily.

Assuming that R Martin doesn't pop his clogs within the next 4 years Dance with Dragons should at least be done by then and given they are two halves of the same book that could flick between the plotlines fairly easily.

He posted on his blog that he was in hospital for something serious over christmas.

It'll never be finished.

Some impressions, based on the 15 minute preview that was screened to some lucky fucks.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/01/a-full-summary-of-the-15-min-sneak-peek/

http://cultural-learnings.com/2011/01/12/15-minutes-in-westeros-previewing-hbos-game-of-thrones/

Sounds so good.

On a side-note: I am currently working my way through book two of A Storm of Swords and I just read that chapter. Fucking hell, Martin really pulled no punches there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This Sky Atlantic debut will be the day after the US on the 16th April.

I really hope this is setting a precedent for when new series will debut on Atlantic.

Aye, I've obviously been critical of Atlantic in certain threads, but this is excellent news.

Wait til you get to book 4. Never read a book with so many 'Holy fuck!' moments. :)

I'm on book 3 at the momment. Absolutely loving this. I'm reading them for about 2 hours on the train then at home. Most nights a dream about knights mashing things up!

Might take a break after then end of this one before the next in case I end up going postal Knight style.

That has got me so excited, I cannot fecking wait for this.

Each to there own and all that, but aside from LoTR, A Song of Ice and Fire was one of the first fantasy series I read, and is still one of my favourites. Cannot wait to see the characters on screen.

Can.not.wait.