Take A Pic Of Your Dinner!

Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! No, from Northern Ireland. Just some lovely battered chicken goujons, you have to eat junk every now and again :)

Made this on Saturday 2 weeks ago:

4757604049_18fa6a3e96.jpg

4758303102_79a1757507.jpg

The girlfriend did dessert:

4809154154_f2299c57a9.jpg

This looks like the best meal.

Hi, does anyone here eat fufu?

I made some cocoyam fufu just now, I've not done it before like, it was fucking mank. Is this the norm or are the other fufus alright?

003.JPG

I mean, look at it. It didn't taste of much but what it did taste of wasn't pleasant. I'm not being racist or anything right, but whilst the Chinese will eat anything so long as it tastes good. Africans will blatantly eat anything so long as it will stop the starvation.

I made this the other day. It's meatloaf but I added red and green peppers, red chillies, some pre-cooked spring onions and half a packet of chilli con carne packet mix. It looks like something that's come out of a horse but it was lovely.

I made some awesome thai style fishcakes last night with smoked salmon and also some sweet chili sauce. Since curium want the recipe over twitter, I'

ll just stick it here.

3 chilis

3 cloves of garlic

95g caster sugar

80ml water

85ml white vinegar (i used white wine)

1/2 tablespoon salt

stick all that in a pot and blitz it with a stick blender if you have one, or use a blender, then bring it to a boil. After it starts boiling, turn it down to simmer for 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, mi together one tablespoon of cornflour and two tablespoons of water then whisk that into your sauce, let it simmer further for a couple of minutes until it thickens and you're done. If you leave it to cool for a bit it will thicken up even more. If you want to make a huge batch (I ended up trebling the recipe and had enough to fill a big douwe egberts jar), it will last about a month in the fridge.

I got Jamie Oliver's America book bought for me last week, so I thought I'd have a go at a little something from it. Shite picture as always, but they're Chinese pork dumplings.

Basically you make the dumpling mix (Bread without yeast and some oil). Take a snooker ball sized bit of dough and wrap it around a mixture of pork, white cabbage, ginger, schezwan pepper, and a few other bits. Dry fry for about 5 minutes each side gently flattening as you go.

They're very nice, rather unusual flavour. Because it was encased in the dumpling, the pork was really tender and soft.

Two filled me up, but the recipe made 8 so I froze a few and had them for lunch at work the next day.(Quick blast in the microwave, then popped in the toaster for a sec.

dumplings.jpg

Served with some sweet chilli dipping sauce, and some soy and lime.