IGNORED

Terminator : Genisys

DarhkFox

First real news for T5?

McG has revealed that he wants his follow-up to Terminator Salvation to be a "better film".

The director claimed that he did "a lot of things right... and we did many things wrong" in the latest instalment of the sci-fi franchise, revealing that eliminating the time travel element from the previous pictures was a mistake.

"And we can't wait to get back at it and show the world what becomes of that war and how we master time travel, because we stayed away from time travel in Salvation and I missed it," he told IGN. "I think the next movie is going to be even more exciting and a better film."

The 41-year-old previously said that the proposed sequel could be set in the present, while he gave out more details of the plotline.

He added: "It's very, very likely that John Connor is going to end up running through rooms like this where he knows something that none of us know. And I think that is a platform for great storytelling. It will be more of a chase movie with a new Terminator that is on your ass."

I agree on what he says, it was missing a lot of things that made the series in the first place. I know Salvation had mixed reactions, but i did enjoy the movie for what it is. There just doesn't seem a way to top the first two films but i enjoyed Salvation (first time was so-so and second i thought better of it) and wouldn't mind to see more.

Will be interesting to see if Christian Bale is onboard to reprise his role though..

McG has revealed that he wants his follow-up to Terminator Salvation to be a "better film".

What?? REALLY? OH THANK YOU!!! THANKS FOR TRYING TO MAKE IT A BETTER FILM!!!!! PHEW!!! , What a stupid thing to say.

First real news for T5?

No, he talked about it last month and it caused a uproar with fans to a point where they have made a petition to stop him :)

I strongly suspect the next movie is going to take place in a 2011. John Connor is going to travel back in time and he’s going to have to galvanize the militaries of the world for an impending Skynet invasion. They’ve figured out time travel to the degree where they can send more than one naked entity. So you’re going to have hunter killers and transports and harvesters and everything arriving in our time and Connor fighting back with conventional military warfare, which I think is going to be fucking awesome.
Will be interesting to see if Christian Bale is onboard to reprise his role though..

He signed on for a trilogy :(

That sounds like it would shit on all the previously established canon. As well as just being a cop out.

Besides, the early efforts seen in T4 were fairly conventional.

Anyway, if he's sent to 2011 how the fuck does he get back?

Can't fault them seemingly ignoring elements of T3 though. Fair play.

Seriously....no

Salvation was an abomination. I was literally laughing at it by the end

No more McG, no more

Really? I didn't go so much on it the first time, but the second time i watched it i enjoyed it more.

Its a decent movie, it just doesn't live up to the first two.

Oh and it should have been a 18.

I'm not sure it was the lack of time travel that made so many people dislike Salvation.

Quite. Of the many complaints I've seen regarding Salvation the lack of time travel has never come up. They really should kill the franchise until a decent director wants a stab at it.

Daft as it sounds, it made $368M in total global box office (inc. US tally).

This is a Terminator movie we're talking about though. no way were the studios 100% happy with that figure, ridiculous as it may seem.

We had Armageddon down as a $300m global earner 10 years ago, and that was a new I.P.

I didn't think the film in itself was that bad, but McG just doesn't know a good story if it bites him on the arse.

He's less concerned with plot, more concerned with explosions and dramatically linking people or events that should have fuck all to do with each other.

He's a corporate bitch, essentially.

Throughout the entire movie I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if this is where Bale lost the plot". Unfortunately it was impossible to tell because he looks pissed off in EVERY SCENE.

The bottom line is McG managed to make an action movie where Michael Ironside did nothing but

sit on a submarine and eventually get blown up

. He should have been out there fucking shit up! With one arm. And a rocket launcher. Fuck off McG.

Quite. Of the many complaints I've seen regarding Salvation the lack of time travel has never come up. They really should kill the franchise until a decent director wants a stab at it.

Precisely. I'm a little surprised they want to make another so soon. Law of diminishing marginal returns and all that.

God I'd forgotten how pisspoor Salvation was.

Sorry but once again, how can any adult enjoy Salvation just confuses me. Dull, boring, pisses on the franchise, script was a hasty re-write of a very very bad idea to begin with, there was NO redeeming features of it.

McG can fuck off back to Charlies Angels or something.

Was Salvation badly directed then or was the story just shit? I mean, you can blame McG for shooting badly but if all he's got to work with is poo on a page then it's not really his fault, is it?

My understanding is that the script was pretty terrible already, and trying to shoe-horn in more John Connor and come up with a non-shit ending (and I'm not just talking about the twist) in short order utterly broke the picture.

• 2 weeks later...

The Terminator franchise just seems to change hands between various dodgy investors, no one of any worth seems to want to touch it.

A shame really, if by some bizarre circumstance Cameron ended up taking control, then it would be worth looking at but as it stands, there's a lot of junk to salvage.

If I were Cameron, assuming he has a fair bit of money to play with, I'd buy back the Terminator rights.

Bale is so wrong for John Connor, but hopefully by the time the fifth film goes into development his head will have permanently lodged itself in his arse. That's not to say that his role in American Psycho doesn't deserve some merit, he just seems to have had some kind of sense of humour lobotomy since that role.