Trials HD (XBLA)

Majora

45th in world on Dreamscape

Kudos for having the patience, that's my least favourite Medium track.

Got gold in all but two of the hard tracks now and am enjoying the game a lot more. I think the difficulty curve peaks the first time you make the transition from the later hard levels to the start of extreme, it takes a tough nut to deal with the frustration and not go into the harddrive and delete the game in a fit or pure rage. I felt like it but left things for a week, went back and managed to finish all the tracks. Once you go back to getting better times on the easier tracks the game gets much more fun all over again.

Seriously, if a track's causing you to squeeze your pad till you can't feel your hands anymore, go back to an earlier difficulty and focus on getting faster. You'll save your sanity, and once you return to the harder track you'll be amazed at how much you've learnt.

Oh, and forward lean, throttle, back and forth is your best friend in 9/10 situations.

I just can't get past that / / _ bit on Inferno II that everone has problems with :)

Don't be afraid to lean back on your wheel when you're trying to get a grip on the second slope. The game up till here jump has pretty much taught you to go up steep slopes leaning all the way forward, so it's easy to think that pulling back will make you flip backwards, but if you lean forward too much your back wheel raises, you lose any grip and just plummet.

As you come off the first slope adjust your bike so it'll land level on the second, but the first time your wheels touch the slope don't press anything, the bike will bounce then drop slightly before hitting the slope again. When it does, give it a touch of acceleration while leaning back to get the grip on the slope and steady yourself, then lean forward and floor it to shoot upwards. Make sure you release forwards and level your bike out in the air afterwards though, or you'll just nosedive and fall short of the wooden beam.

And take solace in the fact that the kink in the slope on the next bit is much harder :). Easy after that though.

Yes, what he said. Also, on the second "/" try and find the "bite" on the accelerator, the point on the trigger where you can stop yourself going up or down the slope.

Thing is, you need a good run-up on the ramp or you won't make the big jump to the next part, so once you've steadied yourself you can ease off the trigger to drop down a little lower, and only then fully accelerate.

Seriously, if a track's causing you to squeeze your pad till you can't feel your hands anymore, go back to an earlier difficulty and focus on getting faster. You'll save your sanity, and once you return to the harder track you'll be amazed at how much you've learnt.

Common sense, no?

Spent the evening getting all the tracks up to medium mastered to gold medal / zero faults, feels amazing stringing some of the harder runs together. I'm really just killing time until I have to go back and finally complete the last 3 expert tracks though... really not looking forward to doing that.

Kudos for having the patience, that's my least favourite Medium track.

I hate it too, but it was one of the only Medium tracks where I wasn't leading on my friend's leaderboard so had to give it a crack.

Any of you alright with me adding you for Trials times? I ask as I'll have to knock a few people off my list.

Just tweaked my 'a bit silly' track if anyone wants to give it a go, the bit with the afterburners has been improved and now with something extra in there too. I've also amended the second loop-de-loop so it should play smoother.

You have to use the Scorpion rather than the Phoenix though..... iirc.... whichever is the first 250cc bike anyway....

Let me know what you think, I'm probably going to do more on it another day but for the moment, it should be improved over the original.

Here's the situation I now find myself in...

Everything up to Medium zero faults and Gold

Hard everything Silver except for King of the Hill is Bronze

Extreme... first level Bronze

I'm just not sure that I'm going to get any better than this. I just can't get past the bloody wooden crate on Goin' Up, sometimes I get halfway through Groundhog 3, other times I can't get over the first jump. As for Inferno 2, I've never made it past the first obstacle.

Any suggestions of how I need to improve my technique other than "don't be so shit"?

Honestly, I've improved my technique just by playing the Medium tracks a hell of a lot. There's loads of situations of shorter, easier sections which can teach you a lot about the dynamics of the game.

Moving from constant Medium play to Hard has made me realise that I can crack almost every Hard level in 5 faults or under and a couple with 0 faults no problem.

Have you read up on the advanced moves under one of the menus off the main screen?

Didn't realise this existed, will have a look next time I'm on. I'm going to take a break from this until the weekend I think because I feel some RSI coming on. :(

Once I hit a dead end in Extreme I made a point of going back and Golding Medium and Silvering Hard and I'm can get to the currently "impossible" bits in Extreme 2 and 3 much more quickly than before. It's like I'm actually really quite good at the moves I know but there are just some moves that I'm not aware of yet! Says a lot about the quality of the game that I'm bothering to persevere after most of the Achievements have been done.

Did you see my picture a page or so back?

I forgot to thank you again for that. It was really helpful. Took me about five minutes to do it, looking at your picture.

I was getting the timing all wrong. I'm now having problems with the Insane levels, but nothing like as much.