Trials HD (XBLA)

Majora

So Meatball, when are you jumping back into the Extreme levels? Don't you think you've had enough of the baby difficulties for now? Time to come play with the big boys again. :wub:

You couldn't have just left me alone in Hard, I wasn't doing anybody any harm.

Beaten you on Brown Boxes and Goin' Up! so far :(

Your Goin' Up! time is faster than mine at the minute, but I did it quicker earlier just with more faults. Think I should be able to clear it with no faults without too much trouble.

28th in world on Trippin' the Plywood with 30.5 seconds.

Nice. I spotted the other day that you were very fast there.

Your Goin' Up! Is faster than mine at the minute, but I did it quicker earlier just with more faults. Think I should be able to clear it with no faults without too much trouble.

And done, cleared Goin' Up! with no faults :rolleyes:

Took me a few attempts to get up on that shitty backwards facing box, so if I can get that perfected there's good time to be made up.

Bought this last night to see what the fuss was about...... and yeah, it's fun (kept me away from ODST), but god damn it's hard!! Or maybe I'm just rubbish....

Seems to take a real step up in difficulty when you hit the Hard levels - spent the full 30 mins trying one level (with the 2 giant steel mesh balls at the end) before getting an 'Epic Fail'!

So any tips for newbies?

Also, please add me - Bushtopher - to help get some scores for me to aim for :(

You couldn't have just left me alone in Hard, I wasn't doing anybody any harm.

Beaten you on Brown Boxes and Goin' Up! so far :)

And after a few days off from playing this there's your Groundhog Forever and Inferno II times beaten :(

Topped off with a clean run of Inferno II <_<

Not managed a clean Groundhog Forever run yet, but I'll keep trying. I'm not really liking that stage though, so once I've done a clean run I doubt I'll be trying to trim time off it.

And after a few days off from playing this there's your Groundhog Forever and Inferno II times beaten :(

Topped off with a clean run of Inferno II <_<

Not managed a clean Groundhog Forever run yet, but I'll keep trying. I'm not really liking that stage though, so once I've done a clean run I doubt I'll be trying to trim time off it.

Holy mother of God, are you some sort of robot? :)

Very impressive Meaty.

Cheers bud.

Holy mother of God, are you some sort of robot? :D

;)

Just had LOTS of practice. When I think back now to the first time I tried Inferno and how hard it was even finishing it, comparing it to now being able to do that clean run it's ;)

Them Groundhog stages are tricky to Platinum for sure. I found the first much harder than the second one.

Now done the last one, Groundhog Forever, Platinum with no faults too. So that's all the stages done with no faults now.

And that's taken me to 150th now on the overall Global Ranking leaderboard. Out of 413,077 entries ;)

Them Groundhog stages are tricky to Platinum for sure. I found the first much harder than the second one.

Now done the last one, Groundhog Forever, Platinum with no faults too. So that's all the stages done with no faults now.

And that's taken me to 150th now on the overall Global Ranking leaderboard. Out of 413,077 entries ;)

I'll be impressed when you get the Marathon achievement :)

You've got one week.

I've made a level on this (the editor is suprisingly easy to use), but for some reason, my finish line doesn't work. Is there something particular you have to do to make it work? I just used the one that was there when you start creating a level and moved it over to the back wall.

Finally silvered King of the Hill and bronzed (completed) Groundhog Forever which leaves only Inferno II to complete!

Is Inferno II really that much harder than the rest of the extreme courses? Its reputation means I've really just not bothered playing it at all yet.

... or for mortals, yes, is really is really really f@cking difficult.

You only think that, I said somewhere in this thread before that my first completion of Inferno II was with ~470 faults and with a time of 29:59.64!!! And that may well have been my 50th attempt at it! Since then I've gotten the hang of it and now have something like 46 faults with a time of 2:50 or something like that (Probably completely wrong with the time thing but not sitting in front of Xbox at the minute.) But my point is, it just takes a bit of practice, I know I still have loads of room for improvement.

You only think that, I said somewhere in this thread before that my first completion of Inferno II was with ~470 faults and with a time of 29:59.64!!! And that may well have been my 50th attempt at it! Since then I've gotten the hang of it and now have something like 46 faults with a time of 2:50 or something like that (Probably completely wrong with the time thing but not sitting in front of Xbox at the minute.) But my point is, it just takes a bit of practice, I know I still have loads of room for improvement.

There's only one word I disagree with there - "bit".

I'm sure all it takes is practice (I have completed Inferno II myself, albeit with ridiculous amounts of faults and time, and I've seen the effect of improved skill through practice when I go back to medium & most hard levels), but it is not a small about of practice required. Nosiree. To get past that three-uphill-slopes-of-increasing-slant bit (you know the bit I mean) took me multiple evenings of doing the same section over and over (the section itself taking about 15 seconds on average?) until I ran out of time or hit the retry limit. Judging from my experience so far it'd take, maybe, 10 hours of additional play to get anything near competent at Inferno II.

That's not a 'bit'!

Just had a run through there and managed to get to the bit with the two diagonal jumps pretty easily before calling it a day after 50 attempts at that bit! Anyway, the level has now lost its mystique and I should be able to plough through it sooner or later. Probably later!

Need to do Unfair Bombardment next to try and beat Stefcha and U1's times, but they look pretty damn fast.

EDIT: Damn so close, just .05 secs behind you Stefcha :facepalm:

That's my pride and joy, leave it unsoiled damn you!

Sorry man :unsure:

But on the plus side that's everything up to and including KotH Platinum'd for me now.

I know it's not everyone's cuppa but I find the moaning about the harsh difficulty curve really odd, I still haven't even finished all the extreme tracks but I love using the level editor. That and the first three sets of levels easily make it worth a tenner of anyone's money in my book.

I think I might have to start on my next level now...