Trials HD (XBLA)

Majora

Agreed regarding the difficulty, I was one of those moaning about it just after I got the game. I can get through Easy through the end of Medium without any faults pretty much 95% of the time now, and I'm beginning to get the Hard tracks down.

Possibly the best value I've had from a game since CM01/02.

I can see the annoyance with the difficulty as it is more the north face of the Eiger rather than a curve but still, going back and re-doing the earlier ones (which is obvious because you only muddle through them to get a bronze so therefore, you can do better, it's not exactly subtle...) but either way, it's only a tenner!

Considering I bought that early golf and the half arsed first Worms game for probably about 800 points, Trials is a fucking bargain.

If you're referring to my post (among others), then you have me wrong - I absolutely love the game, it's probably my favourite XBLA game and I've played many. I just object when people say (of e.g. Inferno II) "oh it's easy you just need to practice a bit", when it PALPABLY ISN'T EASY. AT ALL.

If you're referring to my post (among others), then you have me wrong - I absolutely love the game, it's probably my favourite XBLA game and I've played many. I just object when people say (of e.g. Inferno II) "oh it's easy you just need to practice a bit", when it PALPABLY ISN'T EASY. AT ALL.

I understand "easy" is a very subjective word, but I stick by my remark. (Which you are no doubt referring to) It is easy when you get the practice in. It's the same with everything, Look at the earlier tracks that you failed loads of times and went back and completed flawlessly. They didn't look that easy when you first played them. Also, it stands true in real life too. Take juggling for example. You can't juggle and think, "This is impossible." You practice and eventually you get it and are juggling like a pro.

So as I said before, the more you practice the easier it becomes.

Couldn't agree more. Perfect example for me was today beating stefcha's Unfair Bombardment time.

A month back I struggled for a good couple of hours trying to beat it and eventually after sooooo many attempts managed to get that time .05 secs behind and left it at that, as I was sure I could go no quicker.

Since then, as you can tell by my posts in here, I've been playing the game a fair bit, but had not loaded up that level, until today when I had another go to try for the Platinum and my practice on the other levels instantly paid off, I was straight away going seconds faster than that previous time.

Bastard more like! <_<

Rest easy in the knowledge you'd absolutely SLAUGHTER me at a game of FIFA.

I don't know if smint was responding to my post or anything but there has been a lot of.... I won't say moaning but disappointment in the fact that there wasn't more easier levels (or beginner-y, who knows what to call it) whereas I recognised that I could improve on the times I'd already made. Which was undeniably partly due to the good rllmuk community that have added me / I've added since getting the game.

This has undeniably given me more added friends than any other game on the 360 and I honestly don't know half of you from Adam (that's not a dig, I'm all for it). Without that incentive or realisation that there was more to it, then perhaps I would have been jaded early on, I have one mate of mine that has literally only got me on his friend list and takes great pride in knocking all of my times down, even though I've been predominantly doing level editor stuff recently.

It's a bloody good game and one of the single most comprehensive and complete updates of a C64 favourite (Kickstart for all of you other oldies out there) EVAR. If only more of my childhood favourites could have such a lavish revisit for only a tenner, I'd die a happy man.

On a random aside (and I know it was an Amiga game so my earlier point is a bit odd) I would definitely pay a tenner for an XBLA version of Nuclear War and that seriously has about 10 minutes of actual gameplay in it but it was great FUN.

I have one mate of mine that has literally only got me on his friend list and takes great pride in knocking all of my times down, even though I've been predominantly doing level editor stuff recently.

That's the best bit :facepalm: there's one guy on my friends list who has set his sights on beating most of my beginner/easy scores (I'm leading on my friends list on all beginner/easy), and when he does finally manage it, its awesome to just go on it for an hour and knock.4/5 off his time.

I. CAN'T. STOP. PLAYING.

So just started playing this and am up to hard and wanted to ask what Bike you guys use. I have unlocked 3 (i think) and have always gone straight to the best bike, however have the latest one seems like its very tricky as its very sensitive (all the bars are near the top and its labelled has hard). Am is best to stick with one of the lower bikes when learning the courses or should I just try and stick with the top bike?

Phoenix Evo 250 all the way for the Hard and Extreme levels definitely. Plus for most of the others too, for me at least. Though there are a few that I've been quicker so far on by using the Scorpion 250.

If in doubt check the leaderboard replays and see what the top guys are using.

I have made a couple of levels which people can download and try. My "real life" mates are too shit to finish them so I need your feedback. The levels are functionally finished but need a bit of prettying up. Bonus points for those who spot the influence! :angry: (More of which to come.)

GT: Chin VPL

Just starting playing this last night..

I need to add some friends on so I can be more embarrassed about my slow times.

Tag: roskelld

or click the link in my sig.

I put myself in to a false sense of power as I breezed through the opening four tracks or so, then I hit a wall. Literally, hit a wall and saw that the game really wasn't going to be about pressing the right trigger.

I understand "easy" is a very subjective word, but I stick by my remark. (Which you are no doubt referring to) It is easy when you get the practice in. It's the same with everything.

Well. I've knowns some footballers who, no matter the amount of practice, won't ever get better.

If my mum played Trials HD she would never get better.

So, no, it's not easy when you get the practice in. You still need inherent ability to be able to do it.

Just starting playing this last night..

I need to add some friends on so I can be more embarrassed about my slow times.

Tag: roskelld

or click the link in my sig.

I put myself in to a false sense of power as I breezed through the opening four tracks or so, then I hit a wall. Literally, hit a wall and saw that the game really wasn't going to be about pressing the right trigger.

Been meaning to add you anyway as it happens, can't do it at the moment as I'm in work, add me instead and I'll confirm when I get home.

We should have a rllmuk usermade levels competition, anyone got a track they'd like to enter?

Anyone is free to add me to play mine, it's not quite as crazy as some in the vid but I ran out of objects to use, so it's quite 'full' - rather than some of the skeleton levels you see...

Or is there such a thing already and I've somehow missed it?

Can you download the tracks then delete the guy from your friends list? Or do you need to be friends to play his tracks?

You can play after you're no longer friends. You can delete him but it's likely he'll delete you to make room for other people after his tracks anyway. They're certainly worth a play through for their novelty but they don't have the must complete faster / cleaner replayability of the official tracks IMO.

Feel free to add me if you want some easy times to beat.

:)

I jumped on a while ago and golded one track on medium that put me 2nd behind you on my friends list! Still a good 4 seconds off, still I was dead chuffed. Then proceeded to gold all the others that I hadn't done - it's amazing you take some time away from the game and you seem to approach it in a more subtle way...

I jumped on a while ago and golded one track on medium that put me 2nd behind you on my friends list! Still a good 4 seconds off, still I was dead chuffed. Then proceeded to gold all the others that I hadn't done - it's amazing you take some time away from the game and you seem to approach it in a more subtle way...

Cool, which level was that then?

Trying to get top spot on my FL leaderboard for Lets Get Physical earlier. But damn, Plums is bastard fast on there :)