Trials HD (XBLA)

Majora

Every now and then I do something I feel quite proud of in this game, like my first flawless run on Technique getting in the top 3000 or so, then I read this thread and look at how good some of you lot are and I die a little bit inside.

Also, does anyone have any tips for that sodding bit in inferno 2 where you have to go over a bit like _ _ / / with little flamers at the bottom? It's the only extreme track I've not done and hair is being torn out.

Every now and then I do something I feel quite proud of in this game, like my first flawless run on Technique getting in the top 3000 or so, then I read this thread and look at how good some of you lot are and I die a little bit inside.

Also, does anyone have any tips for that sodding bit in inferno 2 where you have to go over a bit like _ _ / / with little flamers at the bottom? It's the only extreme track I've not done and hair is being torn out.

Hit the flat surface with your rear wheel and land parallel to the first diagonal slope. Use accelerator control to gently move bike to the bottom of the slope and accelerate full speed onto the next slope. Repeat the last sentence for the 2nd slope then try to keep the bike parallel with the platform at the other side. Checkpoint is just down from this platform. This was the hardest bit of the level for me, the rest isn't so bad in comparison.

I BLOODY DID IT! I COMPLETED INFERNO 2!!

I feel kinda sick now with nervous tension. What relief though. What relief.

356 faults and it took 22 minutes. I really can't understand how anyone can do this with 0 faults. Some people are beyond amazing.

I went back to this yesterday and was amazed that I got back into it so quick. When I stopped playing I was 'gold' running and about half way through the third difficulty. I did the one I had been stuck on quite quickly. It's one of these games where I think a relative freshness is good as I find that continual play makes you complacent about the easy bits which means you make mistakes. You need to catch that perfect point where you know how to perfect the track but haven't reached complacency.

I had forgotten that I hadn't done inferno II so had a go last night. It is tough but not as hard as I was expecting. I had one 30 minute run and got about 2 obstacles from the end, did another run and got right to the end and spooned it right at the swinging things at the end. Had to have a shower then but will hopefully have another go tonight.

The hardest bit in that level for me is the drop down where all the explosive crates are before the tires. The only way I have managed to get through there is by essentially glitching it by slowly nudging the first crate out of the way and then falling through to the tyre. I can't do it the 'proper' way.

I had forgotten that I hadn't done inferno II so had a go last night. It is tough but not as hard as I was expecting. I had one 30 minute run and got about 2 obstacles from the end, did another run and got right to the end and spooned it right at the swinging things at the end. Had to have a shower then but will hopefully have another go tonight.

Nearly 1,000 faults and it's not as hard as you were expecting? :lol:

The hardest bit in that level for me is the drop down where all the explosive crates are before the tires. The only way I have managed to get through there is by essentially glitching it by slowly nudging the first crate out of the way and then falling through to the tyre. I can't do it the 'proper' way.

That's pretty easy when you get the controls right. As you're approaching the first crate lean quickly back and then forward and you do a little hop which is enough to clear the first two crates, then you just roll down the ramp without pressing a thing and it clears the second lot.

Nearly 1,000 faults and it's not as hard as you were expecting? :lol:

That's pretty easy when you get the controls right. As you're approaching the first crate lean quickly back and then forward and you do a little hop which is enough to clear the first two crates, then you just roll down the ramp without pressing a thing and it clears the second lot.

Nowhere near 1000 faults to be fair and in comparison to the other levels I was expecting to get completely stuck on some bits which I didn't. I've been far more stuck earlier in the game but I guess that's the joy of learning a skill.

On that drop bit, do you hit the first wall vertical? I can get over the first crates fine but can't survive the second lot of crates.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd guess either 400 or 560 MSP since RedLynx implied it wouldn't be as high as 800 in their forum.

Ace.

I still go back to this normally when I've finished a session on something else. I'll spot the Quick Launch menu as I'm about to switch the machine off, and have one. quick. go. and be up for another hour. :(

I prefer the Hard tracks that are less about how quickly you can get to the end and more about just managing to get to the end full stop. Though the Insane tracks can fook right off.

It's called the "Big Pack" so I hope there's a lot of content.

Also I agree with CT - I would prefer Hard (or even more Medium!) tracks. In fact I don't mind easier ones, where it's basically a test of speed + minute tenth of a second adjustments here and there to get it right.

Insane ones, not for me.

I would imagine, like the main game, these will be weighted towards easier tracks. Let's Get Physical is a classic!

They've said that this pack isn't aimed at people who never finished the main game because they're unlikely to spend any more money buying an expansion.

This isn't the case for me, I loved it up until the really hard levels where it was just too difficult for me but I still wanted more. I would therfore love a load more medium levels.

This isn't the case for me, I loved it up until the really hard levels where it was just too difficult for me but I still wanted more. I would therfore love a load more medium levels.

You're in a tiny minority according to RedLynx, I'm afraid.

I still go back to this normally when I've finished a session on something else. I'll spot the Quick Launch menu as I'm about to switch the machine off, and have one. quick. go. and be up for another hour. :(

Same here. I'll just have a quick go to try and beat one more of my mate's times. Just one. Oh, and that other one. Damnit! When did he beat my time on THAT level? And so on.

I hope they update it so you can have leaderboards for user-generated levels as well. That'd breathe new life into that part of the game.

I hope they update it so you can have leaderboards for user-generated levels as well. That'd breathe new life into that part of the game.

Too expensive for them to run the dedicated servers to handle this apparently. Same goes for providing a system where you can browse and rate all user generated levels. A shame really.