IGNORED

Trials HD (XBLA)

Majora

This is fucking amazing. It has something has been missing from a lot fo the games I've played recently making me want to keep on playing. Well worth the money.

Is the DLC on a special price or something?

Not sure I'm overly keen on the new levels. They don't feel quite as tight, refined and polished as the original set - a little on the gimmicky side here and there, a touch over long in places, and maybe feeling a little like user created levels rather than Red Lynx's own.

Can't complain for 400 points though, very good value. And this still remains my GOTY, if not GOTD.

Diabolic falls by the wayside. That all you got RedLynx!?

I've had my 400 points worth just playing through the 25 new tracks for the first time. Think I'll leave the medaling for another day though my adrenaline levels are worryingly high at the minute after those two new extreme tracks.

If you own Trials HD just buy this, absolutely class selection of new levels. Now for some skill games...

I played through all the tracks once and although its still good fun, i still dont think they have anything on the original tracks. I'm not a big fan of the new direction they took of trying to make everything bigger and more explosive over just plain old skill of obstacles - instead theres lots of drops, lots of waiting for stuff to move, rocket launchers etc. I hadnt played TrialsHD properly for a few months and didnt find any of the new tracks particularly hard either (mainly messing it up because i wasnt expecting stuff), have they toned down the difficulty abit? (more so the hard/extreme tracks).

Its still easily worth the 400 points, theres plenty of new stuff in there, i just cant help but think "more of the same" would have been a better approach rather than these wild low grav fire ball tracks they added instead, its more like now you're being shot through tracks so quickly, its all about just being able to land ok than having skill to control the bike to get through them.

The replay recording doesn't work in Flugtag. I'm currently 79th in the world with 210.39m and I thought I'd check out 1st to see if they're doing much different from me. Thier replay reaches 25m before bailing. So I check out my replay and I also reach about 25m before bailing.

Bum

i just cant help but think "more of the same" would have been a better approach

There is plenty in there which constitutes more of the same and the "gimmicks" aren't anything like as random as those which, for example, diluted the genius of Monkey Ball 2. All of the new "gimmicks" are just different ways of playing and once you've learned them I suspect the naysayers will be performing a hasty u-turn over whether innovation is good or not for Trials.

I don't get the complaining. There's only several new elements and they only change the gameplay in minor ways. There's plenty of levels that could have come out of Trials HD anyway.

Though that said, I didn't really care for that 8 bit level. Too hard to tell what was going on/was going to happen.