Trials HD (XBLA)

Majora

Bloody hell, didn't realise the last DLC tournament is all 6 extreme tracks!!! Will be giving that one a miss methinks.

And yet, amazingly, someone has finished that tournament with only two faults. It boggles the mind just how good some people are at this game.

Me and my boy have been playing this over Christmas - taking turns and helping each other out. Good times :bye:

So today, he's been playing on it for a couple of hours and when I wander in to see how he's doing, he's ranked 113th in the world on the new 'In The Ball' level :huh:. Not bad for an 8 year old! His gamertag is Alfiebobs and he's got his sights set on some of Meatball's times.

EDIT: He's now sat making some Lego Trials bikes

i've had a few goes at ultimate endurance now and have managed 11 faults but i hadn't tried most of these tracks since i got gold in them first time around. It's a lot of fun blasting through them, and most of my faults were silly tip-ups and the like. I will try harder today, and it's gratifying to revisit levels with my skills as they are now and remember how unfair i used to think they were! Oh and i'm glad nobody on my friends list has beaten my king of the hill yet :huh:

What's the best bike for Ultimate Endurance? I managed to get down to under 10 faults using the first bike. Can't remember what it's called, but it has better handling, tips over less easily. The speed/acceleration is different though so it does make some parts slightly tricky.

The only thing I don't like about this game is that the leaning feels very digital to me, like you're either leaning all the way forward or all the way back with one press of the stick, which leads to me over-compensating massively and inevitably crashing.

The only thing I don't like about this game is that the leaning feels very digital to me, like you're either leaning all the way forward or all the way back with one press of the stick, which leads to me over-compensating massively and inevitably crashing.

I'm pretty sure it feels like that because that's exactly what's happening. I seem to remember the trick being to use varying degrees on the top half of the analogue stick rather than applying varying pressure on the stick directly left or right, i.e. holding diagonally up-right would be half leaning forwards. Straight up on the stick is neutral, so you roll the stick to the left and right extremes from that to apply varying amounts of tilt.

I've noticed it takes people a while to realise that the rider doesn't re-centre when you let go of the stick, so if you push right you need to push left again to centre him, if that makes sense.

I've noticed it takes people a while to realise that the rider doesn't re-centre when you let go of the stick, so if you push right you need to push left again to centre him, if that makes sense.

Yeah, but what I'm on about is that it's not a gradual controllable lean (at least, not the way I can do it!) - it's either all on or all off.