Trials HD (XBLA)

Majora

Mine's crashed quite a few times since I installed the big pack. but then it's died a few times running other demos as well. I'm not sure if big pack is messed up, or just the xbox. Then again, it always seems like if it crashes once that's just never enough.

Same here. Forza has also been crashing since the big back.

Ran through the DLC tracks last night - epic stuff! Some neat ideas in there, and I like how each new thing was only used once or twice through all the new tracks. Will start working on those golds/platinums tonight!! Need to add some of you for competition/motivation :ph34r:

A salute to all of you guys who persevere with Trials HD.

It's an excellent game, one of the best released last year - but it's too hard for me after Medium level. Well, it's more that I don't have the patience to keep trying.

Are there DLC tracks that just have big jumps and stuff - similar to Easy level?

The dlc tracks are mostly medium difficulty, I did find some of them pretty tricky though!

They're about half Medium/half Hard aren't they, with a couple of new Extreme tracks thrown in.

I agree, there are a couple of bits in the Medium tracks that are harder than the Hard tracks!

I've been playing this for a while, but how excactly do you unlock new bikes? I've gotten a couple of gold and silver medals but mostly I get bronze. I've only unlocked one bike but I've still unlocked Extreme Mode and completed most of the Hard tracks.

Shouldn't I have gotten a few new bikes too, since I've progressed this far into the game or is it because of my bronze medals I get nothing? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never had a problem with it crashing, ever - that I remember. I'm still playing it very frequently too, usually spend 20 mins or so every night having yet another go at the Ultimate Endurance challenge. Cant get better than two faults, and its annoying me. It will be the first game I get all the acheivements for. Champagne is on ice.

Nah, there's loads of places. It freezes for me quite often in the level select screens, and the most recent time I played it it froze 12 races into Ultimate Endurance. At which point I thought "fuck this" and decided to wait for a patch which I guess still hasn't come.

It's never ever crashed for me and I must've put 20-30 hours in it.

Have you tried deleting and re-downloading?

• 3 weeks later...

Patch is up.

Fixed the critical bug that caused all the console freezes. All the game freezes are solved. This includes following situations:

- Console freeze when starting "Pain! Again" skill game. Affected around half the players (but not all the time)

- Occasional console freeze when playing "Smooth Jumps" track (or any tournament with it, such as "Ultimate Endurance"). Affected small minority of players (very rarely)

- Occasional console freeze when scrolling track selector quickly. Affected small minority of players (very rarely)

- Occasional console freeze when advancing quickly to next track in any tournament. Affected small minority of players (very rarely)

Other fixes and improvements:

- Fixed issue that occasionally caused user created track list to show no tracks at all (requiring game restart to get tracks visible again).

- Fixed issue on track selector mini leaderboards not showing any scores (or containing wrong data) when accessing skill game and racing menus quickly.

- Reduced game leaderboard server usage. This will ensure that the leaderboards respond quickly during peak weekend hours.

- Fixed a bug in replay synchronization. Runs started with fast reset didn't record correctly to all leaderboards (esp. Breakdown, Logsplosive, Classic, Skyway and Flugtag replays often recorded incorrectly). All new replays performed after the patch will now show correctly to all players on these tracks as well.

- Fixed user created track corruption issue, when doing track with offline profile and changing the profile to be online.

- Fixed a license migration problem in DLC loading which caused an invalid "corrupted DLC message" when owning profile was not signed in.

• 1 month later...

After an hour or two of trying the Ultimate Endurance and getting frustrated (I'm so close now, I just keep making stupid mistakes) I decided to give Inferno II another quick go and I couldn't believe my luck. I make it all the way to the final jump over the bar with 0 faults. At this point I know there is no way I'll make this first time, but to my surprise I jump it perfectly. I'm going to 0 fault Inferno II I can't believe it, then the sudden realisation dawns that I probably better slow down to make it past the hammers, so I gently tap the brake. Unfortunately this flips me upside down, metres from the finish. After some careful waggling with the stick I manage to right myself again only to over do it on the brake and reverse straight into a hammer.

I've just turned my 360 off in disgust.

'Big Rig Drilling' it is. Or was, I should say :(

Nice time, took some effort beating it. As did yours earlier Blu3Flame :D

It is nice to come back to after a bit of a break. Think I'm going to have to try and 0 fault the last few levels I've not managed yet.

I :D Trials HD

I got Trials HD when it was on offer last week and picked up the Big Pack at the same time. If you're still playing can you add me on XBL username ryodiUK so I have some times to compare myself to, I'm not amazing at it but it would nice to have some times to aim for.