rllmuk
The Sarge

The Walking Dead!

52 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Dire. I'll give it one more episode to get better or I'm done with the whole thing.

You've had plenty of chances to get out before now. Face it, you're in until the bitter end, and it will be bitter. 

• Upvote 2

On 05/10/2019 at 19:01, JohnC said:

Renewed for season 11. And Maggie will return.

Gimple was asked for anything about the Rick Grimes movie and he just said "Ninjas". So maybe there will be ninjas.

And they have a trailer for the new spin-off, but still no name

Blimey. That looks shite.

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

You've had plenty of chances to get out before now. Face it, you're in until the bitter end, and it will be bitter. 

Haha, so true. I'm too optimistic.

12 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

This is like televisual Stockholm Syndrome, I want to stop watching and get away from the captor but I cant.

I'm with this till the end of the line.

I totally agree. I promised myself I was out, but then went and tuned in again this week. Starting off with that school production of 300 though, was almost enough to have me reaching for the off button.

Like they really need to go through all that shit when the zombies move slower than a toddler with its feet tied together. So fucking stupid. And my hatred for Carol, Michonne and cowboy hatted girl (Rick must have had a funky sized head because that fucking hat fits everybody) grows more and more.

I’ve given up trying to apply common logic to some of the decisions and scenarios that they happen to find themselves in.

For example surely your number one priority would be to arm everyone with big bastard spears so you can shank the undead in the head from about four to five feet away, rather than using a 4” knife. 

Speaking of weapons Daryl appears to have found the god mode cheat code as he alway has crossbow darts. He shoots them in the head while running away and in the next scene bam, they are back.

Aargh this show is so frustrating, dunno why I still watch it.

(see you all here same time next week)

• Upvote 1

The fire zombie scene was quite well done, and I liked the scenes between Carol and Daryl. Although why am I only just realising, after nine seasons, that their names rhyme?

• Upvote 2

I’ve not watched it since the whispering zombies arrived .not because I don’t enjoy it still it’s ok I don’t love it anymore it’s more background telly  now for me.

i haven’t watched  because I’m positive Daryl’s dogs gonna get ripped apart . They can do what they like to the survivors I’ve not been fussed since they killed Beth . 

But I can’t watch the dog getting it 

does he and and can I tell when it’s coming so I can skip it ?

i want to watch it till the end I endured lost so this will be a piece of cake 

Yeah it was pretty miserable  wasn't it? At least when episodes have EVERYONE in it you get really weird unintentionally funny moments. This was just dull. 

lol nobody here even mentioned the last episode?

New episode is out. By the way, anyone know what the deal is with each episode LEAKING a day or so early every episode? It's bizarre.

Anyway, latest episode begins with a tree falling over. That's about the only bit of excitement/action of the entire episode. Negan is still the ONLY vaguely compelling character.

Anyone still bothering with this?

I'm up to date on sky but it's all just so...dull. I'm basically having it on in the background while doing other stuff, think I'm only watching it now because I always have.

Yeah I'm still in. I quite liked the most recent episode, mainly because it had lots of Negan. Also noticed the TV show is very close to where I was previously in the comics, I need to get caught up on the comics.

I'm starting to hate King Eziel as much as the priest character now. 

I thought Episode 5 was pretty good, actually, though I'm less keen on the idea of Negan going back to being how he was after being afforded a lot more nuance in his recent characterisation. I like the idea of him having a moral compass deep down while still finding himself drawn to violence to solve problems. The scene where he described the plane taking off to the kid was a lovely moment, beautifully played by JDM. Daryl telling that Merle story was quite sweet, too.  

I didn't know it would be Dante as he seemed to blend in as 'background character with a few lines no.23', but they dropped their classic clue that a character was going to die very soon by letting them smile once. As soon as Siddiq and Rosita were having their chat I knew one of them was toast