The Walking Dead!

The Sarge

14 hours ago, Gambit said:

And today I learned that priest guy was a member of Rico's Roughnecks!

The last season starts today doesn't it?  I hope they kill this prick off in a grizzly death scene😁

Me and my sis have this running joke of just wishing for Gabriele's death for several seasons now. He's such an awful boring character, I don't know how he has made it this far. We were both ecstatic when the actor was charged with DUI a few years back, convinced that he would soon be dropped but nope.

Okay. Now partway through season 8.

Spoiler

The past couple of seasons they finally made Coral into a good character with some ace moments. so they decide to kill him off which is incredibly on point for this series

I did wonder why they did that so looked it up wondering if the actor wanted to just leave. Nope. He was all in. He was ready to do College and even bought a house near the film set. They then decided to tell him he wouldn't be needed anymore. Seems like an incredibly shitty thing to do. But judging by others who have had similar issues with the producers on this show, it's unsurprising.

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

Okay. Now partway through season 8.

Hide contents

The past couple of seasons they finally made Coral into a good character with some ace moments. so they decide to kill him off which is incredibly on point for this series

I did wonder why they did that so looked it up wondering if the actor wanted to just leave. Nope. He was all in. He was ready to do College and even bought a house near the film set. They then decided to tell him he wouldn't be needed anymore. Seems like an incredibly shitty thing to do. But judging by others who have had similar issues with the producers on this show, it's unsurprising.

Season 8 features some of the best Naked Gun style comedy gun battles ever. Nobody ever gets killed but they must have shot thousands of windows out while filming them.

26 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Season 8 features some of the best Naked Gun style comedy gun battles ever. Nobody ever gets killed but they must have shot thousands of windows out while filming them.

I am liking it actually. After quiet quiet quiet bang finale seasons, it was nice for a season to be pretty much a non stop war.

This definitely feels like show meant to be binged. I can see why it must've at times been frustrating waiting week to week. Especially with those aforementioned quiet episodes.

What the hell, I watched the first two episodes of the new season and they were...alright? Stuff was happening, the story was progressing. They were both better than any episode of the previous season.

I'm half way through series ten, im a little unsure why i started watching it again its pretty painful. I just seem to hate all the characters they have left and the stupid events are just endless. Still here I am plugging away at it till the final series.  Masochism ? 

2 minutes ago, Padaxes said:

I'm half way through series ten, im a little unsure why i started watching it again its pretty painful. I just seem to hate all the characters they have left and the stupid events are just endless. Still here I am plugging away at it till the final series.  Masochism ? 

At this point you are the walking dead.

I gave up just after Glen got Lucille’d, but I follow this thread just in case something important happens. Will probably watch the last ever episode hoping it’s totally bleak and they all just turn anyway.

Ive finished season 8. And season 9 is a go! Initial thoughts.

Spoiler

I bloody love Gabriel's zombie eye. He looks like a wrestler from late 90s WWF with that hat as well.

Carol looks happy with King Zeke. So no doubt he'll be killed soon. It's like EastEnders. Can't have anyone happy for too long otherwise people might have hope.

I will never understand the "If Darryl dies we riot" people. He's been a bit shit for a while and looks like him and Maggie might start some stuff and ruin everything.

Hershel is a fucking shit name for a baby.

5 hours ago, Capwn said:

What the hell, I watched the first two episodes of the new season and they were...alright? Stuff was happening, the story was progressing. They were both better than any episode of the previous season.

I know, it's crazy!  Just watched episode 2 and although still daft its much more watchable.  It's like they thought, shit we need to stop binge drinking sessions when writing episodes and actually focus on ending this as well as we started it!

I’m up to season 7 and what the hell is up with:

Spoiler

The trash dump people. It’s only been like two years since the apocalypse yet they all talk like something out of Star Trek. It’s utterly bizarre. It’s like they should be fighting morlocks or some shit.

I’m about half way through season 10. The last episode I watched had a great 5 minutes in it…

Spoiler

Where beta or the big guy out of sons of anarchy or whatever he is called broke into the town and started murdering people like Jason Voorhees

… but of course that ended too quickly and conveniently. Instead the rest of the episode was people looking at each other like they wanted to kill each other, with music building and them all eventually backing down. Just like every episode since season 5. 

Both episodes this final season have been very good I thought… as suspected, now it’s going to end they will make it good.

There have so far been 155 episodes of this, spanning 11 years. This show is nearly as old as my son.

On 03/09/2021 at 18:34, Gambit said:

Season 9 episode 5.

Reveal hidden contents

Man, seeing Hershel again... RIP. Scott Wilson was so good. :(

I think he had passed away just before that episode was shown. Apparently his old Mum was in her 90s but watched TWD when he was in it.

Season 11 do far, Neegan is the only one I want to survive this. 

It's looking like a lot of this season is

Spoiler

going to be devoted to them fighting this new group, Pope and his unit. It just feels like same old same old. 

I'm fed up with this now but will spite watch until the bitter end.