The Walking Dead!

The Sarge

I’m really liking the final series so far, they’ve really pulled their finger out and delivered what you want.

Think it’s mostly down to pace, there’s lots going on per episode compared to the utter tripe that was most of the recent series.

The most recent one had a proper horror vibe to it, was it guest produced by anyone famous? Tonally very different to any other episode I can think of.

I stopped watching somewhere around season 6 I think (the one after the one that ended with Negan using his club). I'm tempted to skip everything and just watch the last season now...

• 2 weeks later...

Incredibly, this season will be the final season I'll buy, I didn't think I'd get there, but at last, I am out. Have close to 0 investment in any characters and each new series enemy gets progressively more rubbish

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

Somehow, yet another spin-off has been greenlit. Tales of The Walking Dead. An anthology series with each episode being its own story, with existing and new characters. And to think they've already exhausted the episode with Carol making soup and Daryl fixing his bike. Would have fit into this.

‘Working closely with Scott Gimple…’ 

He’s still employed at AMC? The guy single handedly almost killed TWD and FTWD with his breathtaking ineptitude, yet continues to fail upwards. 

How, from their POV, sitting on top of some pretty substantial piles of cash that it all brought in, was it a failure?

I mean, it's an utterly abject failure as entertainment or art or almost any other metric you care to mention, but financially?

3 minutes ago, Gambit said:

A wild Robert Patrick appears!

Fucking hell, did they end the Whisperers story too early or something? Why are there 6 episodes or so left after the victory?

For reasons best known to themselves, they decided to add an extra 6 episodes to the season long after they finished filming the original intended season. As in, they wrapped filming the season in November 2019, everyone thinking the season was done and then started on 6 extra in October 2020.

On 12/10/2021 at 19:11, JohnC said:

Somehow, yet another spin-off has been greenlit. Tales of The Walking Dead. An anthology series with each episode being its own story, with existing and new characters. And to think they've already exhausted the episode with Carol making soup and Daryl fixing his bike. Would have fit into this.

Oh god I'm on the Carol soup episode now and Jesus fuck what is this? Why extend the season like this? They have a potentially interesting thing going with Yumiko, Ezekiel, Eugene and Tank Girl story going on, why would they cut back to this?

I'm on season 11! Have they hired a new cinematographer? Episode 2.

Spoiler

The camera shot as it pans along the outside of the train as Darryl goes all John Wick was dare I say it.....exciting? Haven't been pumped for a moment like that since Super Shiva jumped in to save Rick and Coral.

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

I'm on season 11! Have they hired a new cinematographer? Episode 2.

Hide contents

The camera shot as it pans along the outside of the train as Darryl goes all John Wick was dare I say it.....exciting? Haven't been pumped for a moment like that since Super Shiva jumped in to save Rick and Coral.

Don't worry, it's better in places but it still has those Walking Dead episodes where you want to kill yourself.