rllmuk
The Sarge

The Walking Dead!

Is it a popular theory on here that they seem to operate a pretty strict one in/one out rule for black characters in the show?

Is it a popular theory on here that they seem to operate a pretty strict one in/one out rule for black characters in the show?

Aryan Princess Beth was despatched previously on The Walking Dead.

The latest episode was fairly rotten. I was so long past caring about

Tyrese

that it just had no impact on me. There are so many flashbacks, jumping around in time and lack of continuity in where the characters actually are in relation to each other that's it's seriously denting my ability to enjoy the show. I'm sure the writers think they're being very clever but as a viewer it's just tiring. I'm actually getting nostalgic for the relative simplicity of season 1 and 2. At least I knew who everybody was and could actually remember their names. Apart from Rick, Daryl and the shows other mainstays I seriously struggle to remember who the other faceless wonders are.

I give it to the end of this season but if things don't start coming to some sort of conclusion soon I'm out.

I did enjoy seeing

The Governor again though.

Karl. In fact, is he even in it anymore? He appears less than Stan Ogden after the actor had died and Hilda just shouted up the stairs for a further year.

He won't, he is relied on incredibly heavily in future plots that will doubtlessly be taken from the comics, to provide fuel for what has become a vastly tedious show, and he's one of a handful of characters growing up in the zombie ridden world and they'll have to endlessly wank on about it being such a hard adjustment compared to their own childhoods and bla bla bla. Yawn.

I had zero idea what was going on in that last episode. Like you say, too many flashbacks and unremarkable characters.

We seem to be back in classic Walking Dead Holding Pattern mode until the end of season climax.

Not a lot happened there.

Getting a bit tired with this all, wonder what the character at the end is going to be about, I already dislike them.

wtf happened with the doors, did it actually happen or was it a dream?

Getting a bit tired with this all, wonder what the character at the end is going to be about, I already dislike them.

wtf happened with the doors, did it actually happen or was it a dream?

The barn door bit tied in with Rick's comment about how they're the walking dead, I guess. A barn door separating two opposing groups, both wandering through the wasteland. Or something. What happened between that and waking up, I dunno. I can see how it could be interpreted as a dream, maybe Maggie's dream, as she was the first to wake up. After all, we don't know how the zombies were banging up against the barn door one minute, then teleported further back into the field to get skewered on falling trees. Unless they got bored, and wandered off.

What a dire episode.

Comic book comment in spoiler tag (for volume 4 I think? I've only read up to volume 6 or 7). I don't think it's really a spoiler but best I keep it hidden.

The show ruined the "we are the walking dead" speech. Well done!

I'm usually quite lenient on this show for some reason. But the latest episode was so shit and stupid even by TWD standards.

Nothing happened for most of the episode. That barn door part was woeful and confusing. Did the zombies get bored and leave? Or, as I think was suggested, they somehow all got wiped out by the storm and falling trees, despite the falling trees and storm doing no damage to the barn.

The only way to explain this is to have the bloke that appeared at the end to reveal he is actually Jesus and was sent from Heaven by Tyrese to protect that barn.

They used the episode seemingly to pair up people who haven't shared a scene a huge amount, and then God saved them in the end or something. I hope this new friend guy doesn't turn out to be a baby rapist cannibal werewolf or something, there have to be other good people in the world, even if there were none left in Georgia.

For those still watching it and enjoying it I'll fly the flag that it was another good ep (not great but certainly not as bad as the consensus here) which looked incredible and had some really nice character moments.

It's mad that you guys are still watching it if you hate it this much, I don't have the time to watch the shows I do like, let alone sticking it for this long on something I don't.

I thought it was filmed well, but probably one of the dullest episodes since season 2... and felt a bit 'Yeah, God is still there and watching'...

comic spoiler, not sure when it happened but I'm at about episode 100.

Maggie commits suicide right? or tries to? This whole episode seemed to be geared to that being the ending? When her and rambo woman were sitting together with music box under the sun, crying, I was convinced they were about to kill each other. Just me?

There IS something different about the show now isn't there? Seems more bleak than I imagined? The first 2 episodes of this new season have been full of hopelessness.

For those still watching it and enjoying it I'll fly the flag that it was another good ep (not great but certainly not as bad as the consensus here) which looked incredible and had some really nice character moments.

It's mad that you guys are still watching it if you hate it this much, I don't have the time to watch the shows I do like, let alone sticking it for this long on something I don't.

Out of habbit. Even shows I find that have gone off the boil I tend to stick with, just to see how it all turns out. I've invested 4-5 years on this show, I just can't give up. Sometimes when it's on form it can be great but then you get 2 episodes like the last 2. I mean we joke about them just walking around doing nothing but 40mins of this weeks episode was exactly that. My wife likes to watch the show and is a big defender of it but even she said this weeks was crap.

Comic spoiler

Maggie commits suicide right? or tries to? This whole episode seemed to be geared to that being the ending? When her and rambo woman were sitting together with music box under the sun, crying, I was convinced they were about to kill each other. Just me?

I thought it was the opposite, they were both realising a need to keep going

The series is wrestling with a lot of issues that you get when something is spun out possibly beyond the original intention (eg the Matrix, Lost, Heroes)

I expect they haven't decided if this is a series with an end, or an ongoing soap opera.

I increasingly feel the creators are trawling social media and responding to whatever big data sentiment analysis is coming in "People like the sword lady, but it's getting too easy for her to decapitate zombies- new twists are needed here"

That's just what the walking dead is, though. The comics I mean. It goes all over the place and nowhere at the same time. And then a character gets half his head blown off but comes back a few issues later because the people on the letters page didn't like it.