IGNORED

360 Arcade price increase

mr_rmg

As I said earlier, exchange rates don't explain it because there's no price change for the other models (and they aren't deleting both of them??)

I think we're seeing a 'we don't want to play below £150 anymore because no-one else is playing there" thing here - with a bit of side-profiteering on other things to make it LOOK like an exchange-rate issue - most likely spurred by retailers grumbling about something.

Given that Arcades have cropped up under £100 a fair few times in the last few months (Asda, Sainsburys, WHS and other places) maybe they're just balancing the deal a bit? :angry:

£129 - £159 is not a tenner - but if you think it is, can I borrow a tenner please? :angry:

It was really 129 pounds in the UK?! Then it was far, far cheaper than in the rest of Europe. I just checked and the arcade is 179.99 euro over here, and 159 pounds is roughly 180 euro which means the price adjustment is simply bringing the UK in line with the rest of Europe. You've had it really good over there and don't ever realise it, probably the cheapest 360s in the world thanks to the weak pound but it seems like playtime is over.

Including a hard drive with the low-end model would make sense. Microsoft wants people downloading more stuff (Games On Demand, bigger Arcade games, movies, DLC).

However, if that was the case, it would surely be a worldwide change, not a UK-only change. The UK-only change suggests they're just adjusting the price to match the rest of Europe. *Shrug*

However, if that was the case, it would surely be a worldwide change, not a UK-only change. The UK-only change suggests they're just adjusting the price to match the rest of Europe. *Shrug*

It's a big show this week (second only to E3), so maybe it will be a worldwide change and we're the first to get wind of it. Or maybe we're just clutching at straws here.