Grotesque: Unrated Version

I just watched the Unrated Version of this, unsure what the difference between this and the regular release is, possibly nothing and it's just under a different name;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1352369/

What can can I say except, oh my, dear me, that truly was shocking - Shockingly Bad.

What a pile of tripe, pretty much how I felt about Martyrs - That appeared like it was going to be a good film but after 30 minutes or so, meh, also terrible.

I'm getting fed up of not finding a good shock flick.

My opinion give this a miss.

On a note about the film... it did seem to have some comedy moments;

like the finger up the nose, that did make me laugh.

I saw a poster for this in Total Film this month - I assume they submitted the advert before the film was actually denied the 18 cert it was displaying! :D

The kid killing scene in Murder Set Pieces was enough for me, thanks.

20th August 2009. From bbfc.co.uk

Bbfc Rejects Sexually Violent Japanese Horror Dvd

The BBFC has rejected the DVD Grotesque. This means that it cannot be legally supplied anywhere in the UK. The decision was taken by the Director, David Cooke and the Presidential Team of Sir Quentin Thomas, Alison Hastings and Gerard Lemos.

Grotesque is a feature that focuses for the majority of its running time on the sexual assault, humiliation and extreme torture of a male and female victim. The central character abducts, restrains, strips and masturbates both the man and the woman. After this he inflicts grave injuries on the restrained couple, including amputation, eye gouging, castration and evisceration. The torture becomes even more extreme, leading to the gory and violent death of both hostages. The film ends with the killer choosing his next victims.

David Cooke, Director of the BBFC said: “Unlike other recent ‘torture’ themed horror works, such as the Saw and Hostel series, Grotesque features minimal narrative or character development and presents the audience with little more than an unrelenting and escalating scenario of humiliation, brutality and sadism. The chief pleasure on offer seems to be in the spectacle of sadism (including sexual sadism) for its own sake.

“It is the Board’s carefully considered view that to issue a certificate to Grotesque, even if statutorily confined to adults, would involve risk of harm within the terms of the Video Recordings Act, would be inconsistent with the Board’s Guidelines, and would be unacceptable to the public. The BBFC has a strict policy on sexual violence. With portrayals of sexual violence which might eroticise or endorse sexual assault the Board may require cuts at any classification level.

“Rejecting a work outright is a serious matter and the Board considered whether the issue could be dealt with through cuts. However, given the unacceptable content featured throughout cutting the work is not a viable option in this case and the work is therefore refused a classification.”

• 4 weeks later...