IGNORED

The X Factor 2009

mr_rmg

I actually preferred Olly's version of the single. Joe's version was technically better (and it sounded effortless), but it suited Olly's voice a bit better.

Better get the repairman out to fix your telly's speakers, fella. It's clear as day that the song was picked for Joe.

Better get the repairman out to fix your telly's speakers, fella. It's clear as day that the song was picked for Joe.

Speakers are fine. I realise Joe has a far superior voice, and on paper the song was made for Joe.

And in places Olly struggled with it, and it's clear that he's more comfortable doing the more upbeat songs.

I guess Joe's version sounded a bit too clinical. I always prefered Joe's voice when he was singing songs I already know, but with this one I just prefered Olly's version because it had a bit more passion about it. It's just one of those wierd subjective things where I know Joe did a better job of singing it, but I prefered the sound of Olly's voice on the track as it went on - even though it was shaky at the start.

you need to see a doctor about your hearing

seriously

I thought it was a mixed performance from Leona. She struggled at the start to sing in such a low octave, but it sounded good towards the end when she was hitting those high notes.

With Leona, there's a fine line between it sounded like she's shreiking and singing brilliantly. It's not the first time I've seen two people describing a performance from her so very differently. At times I think her voice sounds great, but at times I can't bear to hear it.

http://xfactor.itv.com/_uploads/documents/...3_votestats.pdf

So basically: the voting was all over the place for the first few shows, Danyl was popular and then not popular, and Joe started pwning everyone else about five weeks ago.

The change for Danyl between weeks 3 and 4 is amazing. Is that when he had his breakdown and cut off his hair? It was also really close between Stacey, Olly and Danyl in the semi.

The change for Danyl between weeks 3 and 4 is amazing. Is that when he had his breakdown and cut off his hair? It was also really close between Stacey, Olly and Danyl in the semi.

Unfortunately the peaks and troughs for Danyl show just how much tabloid reports and image changes affect the views of the demographic actually voting in (rather than just watching) this show. This, along with the strategies of the production team themselves in terms of running order, song choices and editing in the early rounds, clearly demonstrate that whether the manipulation comes from within or outside the X Factor "bubble", the public is easily malleable.

Effectively the result can now be manufactured, which I don't believe was the case in the early days of these shows. The voting demographics have changed massively in that time.

• 1 month later...