Good rock music this decade?

I...actually, pretty hard to argue with this, epic stuff.

(Only because 'Madonna' was released in 1999)

I still dont know if i could choose between madonna and source tags had they both come out this decade. Think source tags might just sliiiightly come out in front tho

I was listening to the 22-20s this morning. They lasted one album and an EP, but they're very good. Blues-rock.

Young Heart Attack are another such band (they've got back together though) and their first album is awesome. Very, very AC/DC.

Both the Black Keys and the Archie Bronson Outfit do that stuff much, much better.

Archie Bronson in particular is a big recommendation from me.

Grizzly Bear

I don't think Grizzly Bear will quench your THIRST FOR ROCK but god damnit, try them out anyway, because they are without doubt one of my favourite bands lately. Fucking brilliant lot, they are.

I echo Archie Bronson Outfit and Black Keys also. Throw in The Dead Weather if Jack White is your thing.

Oh, try Nico Vega too. Very energetic.

Last one: Nine Black Alps, and their debut album in particular.

Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age is one of the best albums of the last ten years. Pitch perfect balance between rock and metal, an immense riff to every track and brilliantly paced percussion thanks to Dave Grohl doing what he does best.

Can't wait to see Homme's influence on Arctics, match made in heaven for me.

I much prefer Rated R

I don't think Grizzly Bear will quench your THIRST FOR ROCK but god damnit, try them out anyway, because they are without doubt one of my favourite bands lately. Fucking brilliant lot, they are.

I echo Archie Bronson Outfit and Black Keys also. Throw in The Dead Weather if Jack White is your thing.

Oh, try Nico Vega too. Very energetic.

Last one: Nine Black Alps, and their debut album in particular.

when i saw grizzly bear and nico vega, i immediately thought 'hey that must be charles manson from gr'. didnt know you were here too, not logn til the GB gig now eh? :)

Both the Black Keys and the Archie Bronson Outfit do that stuff much, much better.

Archie Bronson in particular is a big recommendation from me.

I totally went to school with the Archie Bronson Outfit and was totally in a band with the singer/guitarist dude for five years.

Evidently I took a wrong turn somewhere.

But yeah their second album's fantastic. Nice shout on The Black Keys too.

Biffy Clyro. Particularly The Vertigo of Bliss. Lots of exciting stuff musically on that album. Or Blackened Sky.

Aereogramme are really good too. Softer though...with some proggish tendencies. Lots of lovely melodies. I can't decide which album to recommend (as they're all slightly different...but all good)....so try them all.

Haven't read the thread, but the Mars Volta have released some corkers this decade. I like Amputechture the best but it is the hardest to get into probably. Their debut is good, Frances the Mute is excellent, Bedlam in Goliath has it's moments. New one is their first major misstep (other than releasing the worst live album of all time ever)

Haven't read the thread, but the Mars Volta have released some corkers this decade. I like Amputechture the best but it is the hardest to get into probably. Their debut is good, Frances the Mute is excellent, Bedlam in Goliath has it's moments. New one is their first major misstep (other than releasing the worst live album of all time ever)

I love the new Mars Volta album and it may be my favorite one.

Bedlam in Goliath is my least fav one and I aint that keen on Ampuctecture either.

Horses for courses, their stuff is pleasingly diverse so there is something for everyone i think. I really hated Amputechture initially, butn now, Tetragrammaton, Viscera Eyes and Day of the Baphomets = :D

The best rock album of this decade has easily been 'source tags and code' by ...and you will know us by the trail of dead. Seriously, check it out, its an incredible album.

That's a fantastic album, probably their best. So Divided is my personal favourite though.

I'll mention the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster as I don't think anyone else has.

Also, the new Wildhearts album is a corker. Their best in years :D

passover-big.jpgblack%20angels%20sleeve.jpg

Passover, and Directions To See A Ghost by the mighty Black Angels. Both released in the last 3-4 years.

If you like anything from 13th Floor Elevators to the Doors via The Velvet Underground via the Stones via Spacemen 3 via The Jesus And Mary Chain, then consider these two albums utterly essential. Deep, swirling, hypnotic bad trip rock 'n roll.

Black Grease:

Young Men Dead

That's a fantastic album, probably their best. So Divided is my personal favourite though.

I'll mention the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster as I don't think anyone else has.

Also, the new Wildhearts album is a corker. Their best in years :facepalm:

So divided? Really?? God, i just couldnt get into that album at all, i really didnt like it. Tho i saw them play stand in silence live and it sounded great

• 3 years later...

passover-big.jpgblack%20angels%20sleeve.jpg

Passover, and Directions To See A Ghost by the mighty Black Angels. Both released in the last 3-4 years.

If you like anything from 13th Floor Elevators to the Doors via The Velvet Underground via the Stones via Spacemen 3 via The Jesus And Mary Chain, then consider these two albums utterly essential. Deep, swirling, hypnotic bad trip rock 'n roll.

Black Grease:

Young Men Dead

This. What an amazing band, i can hear their heavy Velvet Underground influences but they are a mix of so many different musical styles; psychedelia, garage rock and post punk. Its rare to find a modern band in which i can honestly say that every record has been great.