Xbox 360 price cut confirmed for August 28 - Update & PR pg 4.

The Sarge

They put the price up? Fuckers.

I wonder if the arcade rise in particular is going to affect sales this winter. It's gone up £30 quid and you get less than you did before in the box. At least the Elite you get 60 gigs more for that extra £20 that the pro used to cost.

I wonder if the arcade rise in particular is going to affect sales this winter. It's gone up £30 quid and you get less than you did before in the box. At least the Elite you get 60 gigs more for that extra £20 that the pro used to cost.

I'm now going to find a cheap second hand unit rather than buy a brand new Arcade to replace my dead machine.

I don't know about this... The Elite/Pro sleight of hand is one thing, but I can't imagine how they're going to put the price of the Arcade up, as well as remove the pack-in game without any backlash. Where's the trick?

The fact the vast majority of that topic refers to consoles having been made before the current version is irrelevant then is it?

Just as irrelevant as comparing reliability of the PS3 with the Xbox 360 when the PS3 is out in a completely new model that we have no idea about the reliability of.

I don't know about this... The Elite/Pro sleight of hand is one thing, but I can't imagine how they're going to put the price of the Arcade up, as well as remove the pack-in game without any backlash. Where's the trick?

they don't want to SELL any 360s without a hard-drive.

by making the tard-pack expensive they're hoping that people with spend the extra £££s on the "cheaper" elite package.

and then they can sell them DLC and ting. Hoorah!

Just as irrelevant as comparing reliability of the PS3 with the Xbox 360 when the PS3 is out in a completely new model that we have no idea about the reliability of.

Perhaps we could just confine ourselves to things we do have an idea about at the moment then...which is what I was actually doing.

The 360 currently has no specific reliability problems, it did in the past yes and some still fail now yes, but neither of those facts mean that the general reliablity of the 360 should be of any concern to anyone who is thinking about buying one now, which is what I said.

Perhaps we could just confine ourselves to things we do have an idea about at the moment then...which is what I was actually doing.

The 360 currently has no specific reliability problems, it did in the past yes and some still fail now yes, but neither of those facts mean that the general reliablity of the 360 should be of any concern to anyone who is thinking about buying one now, which is what I said.

Hey everybody, BUY a new one! They're not as bad as the one's you've got at the moment!

:(

Thats exactly what I was saying.

and what I'm saying is WE'VE already got one.

the 360 has been available for 3-4 years now?

THIS PS3 will be seen as "teh new", so it is "isn't relevant", but is. dys?

[edit] if that's as confusing for you as it is for me... post #41

and what I'm saying is WE'VE already got one.

the 360 has been available for 3-4 years now?

THIS PS3 will be seen as "teh new", so it is "isn't relevant", but is. dys?

[edit] if that's as confusing for you as it is for me... post #41

the PSthree could be a complete dogs egg.

[edit]

FORUM! :(

Shall we try this again?

Someone mentioned 360 reliability issues as a reason not to buy a 360 now and instead buy a PS3.

I was merely suggesting thats not a good reason as it doesn't really have much basis in the current situation, its really got nothing to do with how reliable or unreliable the new PS3 will be.

Shall we try this again?

Someone mentioned 360 reliability issues as a reason not to buy a 360 now and instead buy a PS3.

I was merely suggesting thats not a good reason as it doesn't really have much basis in the current situation, its really got nothing to do with how reliable or unreliable the new PS3 will be.

Public perception of the console is one that is unreliable. Despite the newer models being ok. The huge failure rate is known by the public, so would come into play when choosing which console you buy.

The 360 still has massive reliability problems. My so-called unRRODable Falcon failed after less than two years.

1. Your 360 failing does not constitute massive reliability problems.

2. Theres no such thing as an 'unRRODable' version of the 360, just like theres no such thing as an unfailable version of any console.

3. The Falcon isn't the current chipset anyway.

Public perception of the console is one that is unreliable. Despite the newer models being ok. The huge failure rate is known by the public, so would come into play when choosing which console you buy.

Perhaps, but the public perception isn't the point, this was someone posting here about what they would do based on what they really presumably think about it

OH EM GEE FANBOY

This thread, about the price of the 360 going UP, seems more positive than the thread about the PS3 price going DOWN. :(

Leaving aside the question of if the price is actually going up or down, perhaps it has something to do with the 360 still being pretty significantly (£50 is signficant) cheaper than the PS3.

Not that I think the PS3 will be badly priced at £250, I bought mine at £400 and am perfectly happy with it.

they don't want to SELL any 360s without a hard-drive.

by making the tard-pack expensive they're hoping that people with spend the extra £££s on the "cheaper" elite package.

and then they can sell them DLC and ting. Hoorah!

Uhm, doesn't it make more sense that the arcade will now come with a HDD since MS want to sell DLC to as many people as possible? That explains why the price is going up and why the pro is disappearing, in one fell swoop. Or is that too obvious :(

Perhaps, but the public perception isn't the point, this was someone posting here about what they would do based on what they really presumably think about it

But he would be one of many out there with that same opinion is surely the point? To dismiss the failure rate is strange. You are running a higher risk of the machine breaking when purchasing a 360 over a PS3. The Slim PS3 though is another matter altogether. This is about a year away from knowing if you have bought a dud.

But he would be one of many out there with that same opinion is surely the point? To dismiss the failure rate is strange. You are running a higher risk of the machine breaking when purchasing a 360 over a PS3. The Slim PS3 though is another matter altogether. This is about a year away from knowing if you have bought a dud.

My point is that I don't think you are any more.

If you buy a brand new 360 right now, you'd be very unlucky for it to fail. The new chipset (not Falcon, Jasper) is supposed to have fixed the problems and like I said, the vast majority of posts about cases of 360s failing are in the past now.

My point is that I don't think you are any more.

If you buy a brand new 360 right now, you'd be very unlucky for it to fail. The new chipset (not Falcon, Jasper) is supposed to have fixed the problems and like I said, the vast majority of posts about cases of 360s failing are in the past now.

my xbox from 2006 rrod'ed...i fixed it myself, motherboard revisions, falcons, jaspers etc are all well and good but the rrod can be eliminated 100% just by replacing the x-clamps yourself. Now obviously i only did it cause it was out of warranty, but still, if its obvious to people out there where the fault lies in the design youd have to wonder why ms couldnt see that