What's Exciting You?

Rock Band - not just the release of The Beatles, but also the future DLC for existing games that will arrive; the past few weeks have seen some excellent songs get released, and so they've been on a bit of a roll in my opinion...

Digital distribution - I'm not necessarily saying that it's a good or a bad thing, but once the on-demand services of Xbox Live, PSP Go et al take off, I'm excited to see how the traditional retail sector - both brick-and-mortar stores and websites such as Amazon, Play et al - responds. Or even how Joe Public will respond, for that matter.

Project Natal - I'm fully prepared for this to fall flat on it's arse and deliver the kind of gimmick games and shovelware that Wii, EyeToy et al enjoyed, but it's the potential of the technology that excites me, and if someone has the smarts to develop a truly groundbreaking experience, I want to be there.

Persona's move onto handhelds - news that the original Persona was heading to PSP was interesting enough, but now talk of the third game getting remixed for portable play has got me very excited.

Crackdown 2 - it's the sequel to Crackdown ffs, one of the best games this gen. Who wouldn't be excited?

At least five years of first and third party support, hopefully! :ph34r:

el oh el

You know what the worst problem will be ...publishing managers not being able to motion plus well and demanding the game be made easier (waggle)

Mass Effect 2. Haven't looked forward to a game this much since Halo 2, so I'm bracing myself for some measure of disappointment. Infinite Space could be just the thing to renew my interest in DS, and I'm all hot and bothered at the mention of Tekken 6, and its online co-op mode.

Plenty more I'm interested in, but nothing that makes me as giddy as the above.

Uncharted 2. I just got around to finishing the first one the other day and it's right up there on my fave game list. All the trailers suggest the sequel is gonna be a corker.

Dragon Age is kind of exciting me too. I'm still terribly unconvinced by what I've seen of the graphics, but seeing as Bioware haven't let me down on the old RPG front before (I'm ignoring Sonic...), I'm sure it'll be great.

Yeah, really interested in Infinite Space myself. Need to give my DS more love.

Quite looking forward to Shattered Memories. I know it'll probably be really limited but I like the idea of a psych eval before the game, and how it'll effect my particular game. Plus I just wanna revisit that creepy little town.

Got randomly excited about Darkside Chronicles the other night too. Just nice to have more Raccoon City I s'pose. Oh yeah, and the US release of Fragile. And of course, NMH2. Definitely can't wait for that one. Will it really have 50 boss battles?

Then there's Left4Dead 2, purely for the online buddy experience. First game brought some great rewarding moments and lolz to the online gaming table, so I'm obviously anticipating good times with this one. I'll be importing Bayonetta. That shit will be awesome. Kamiya doesn't disappoint. And the recent Lost Planet 2 demo has reminded me how much fun and frustration I had with the original. I'm expecting great things from the co-op on that one.

Far far away, there's a rumbling in my loins for Metroid Other M, whatever that Shinji/Suda EA product is, and a few other things I forget. Oh, yeah, Ueda! Hurry the fuck up!!!!!!

Brutal Legend and Zelda Wii, pretty much. There are some other little things I want like Scribblenauts, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, SEGA Superstars Racing, etc.

Also I really want to try out 3D Game Dot Heroes, and it would be at the top of my list, but it's only on the PS3, which I don't have, and that thing'll definitely not see the light of day in America.

So yeah, anything that you're looking forward to, or just generally excited about in the gaming world - share your thoughts. ;)

There isn't so much I hugely look forward to at the moment (I think we need a new hardware gen for the next big stride forward, from now on it seems more like refining and optimizing), but currently I'm excited about the divide between 'big games' and 'indie games' thanks to services as XBLA, PSN and Wii Ware.

The 'Big Games' are wonderful, and I love how we get more and more good 'open world' / sandbox games like Prototype, Saints Row 2 etc. Really looking forward to stuff like Crackdown 2 and the new GTA episode.

But on the other side of the spectrum, I love the ever expanding amount of quality games on XBLA. It started out well by offering great quality games like Geometry Wars Retro Evolved (especially the second) and Mutant Storm, but lately it's been a true rollercoaster ride with quality titles like Trials HD and Shadow Complex. Great addictive games which are immediate and accessable, and that often for less than a tenner.

Excited for the only game which we know so precious little about as to allow some excitement to actually flourish.

Please, please God, let it be good...

I really hope this is going to be as great as it should be but somehow.... I won't be negative though.

I think I'm the only mortal who didn't like Deus Ex.

No, you're not alone.

I bought it a few years after it came out after reading all the praise for it online. Arsed about for a bit on the first level sneaking around, avoiding guards because combat always seemed to end in disaster, thinking it was more hard work than fun. Made it up to the statue, walked through a passage way then some kind of trap went off and I was dead instantly without warning. One from the old-school, mean spirited to the point of sociopathy school of PC game design from what little I saw of it.

EDIT: Loads of stuff I AM excited about though! ODST, L4D2, Raystorm HD, Mass Effect 2, Euro release for Blaz Blue and KOF12, FF13 etc. Also got Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 through the post this week so am looking forward to buying a PS2 again to play them(!).

I think I'm the only mortal who didn't like Deus Ex.

Nope. I just found it a bit bland and samey....... but I'd played system shock 2 before hand which, at the time, kind of knocked deus ex into a very small cocked hat.