IGNORED

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Series (SoC/CS/CoP)

BrerLappin

Damn guys, is it really too much bother giving Smitty a simple link instead of just saying "Yeah 'complete' is what you need, bye!'.

Smitty, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl is the first one and you can download the Stalker Complete 2009 mod from here. Just download and run the installer. There's even a manual for this mod if you need to know how Stalker plays or need to read up on which values to change if you're getting a shitty framerate (Stalker can be a bit of a system hog). If the installer asks where your Stalker install is it's located in XX:\Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl with 'XX' being the letter of the drive it's installed to. Mine is on E:\ for example because I don't want Steam on C:\

Stalker: Clear Sky is the second game and supposed to be a prequel but it's very disappointing. Skip it and don't bother with it.

Stalker: Call of Pripyat is the sequel to Shadow of Chernobyl and it's brilliant. I prefer it to Chernobyl tbh as the areas are even more atmospheric and they are far bigger, feeling a lot more like a proper open world - the most atmospheric open world you'll ever play, I guarantee you that. The Call of Pripyat Complete you can download from here and the installation process is the same. Your install folder will be located at XX:\Steam\steamapps\common\stalker call of pripyat and the user manual for this mod is located here

Have fun with it, don't be afraid to ask for gameplay tips if you get stuck or don't know what to do (one of the brilliant things about these games is that they don't lead you on by the nose but instead aren't afraid to let you figure things out by yourself) or if the games don't start up properly - keep in mind that these are Russian games, and the thing is with Russian and Eastern Bloc games that they're often umpteen times more imaginative, ambitious and atmospheric than western games but they're also almost always poorly optimised :lol: It's totally worth putting up with though, as they deliver unique and unforgettable gameplay experiences!

• 4 weeks later...

So I've just made it through the sewers and had my first encounter with that wretched thing. *shudders*

My next task is to steal the military documents but I was wondering if you can sneak (for the majority) through that facility? There's a ton of guards but so far I have managed to sneak past a few.

Loving this btw. I remember getting to the part where I am at now before giving up as my PC at the time just couldn't cut it. That plus I played it without a mod (Stalker Complete 2009 was still underway back then) so my first experience with the game was pretty bad. This time around however I am enjoying myself to bits!

The gunplay feels a little 'off' but other than that 'tis neato!

EDIT: Any trainers for this by the by? Most specifically for unlimited sprint.

Loving this btw. I remember getting to the part where I am at now before giving up as my PC at the time just couldn't cut it. That plus I played it without a mod (Stalker Complete 2009 was still underway back then) so my first experience with the game was pretty bad. This time around however I am enjoying myself to bits!

The gunplay feels a little 'off' but other than that 'tis neato!

EDIT: Any trainers for this by the by? Most specifically for unlimited sprint.

Nope, not unless you feel like editing your config files! Im sure its int he actor.ltx file you can modify carry weight and sprint and stuff. But if you stay light youll be able to sprint for ages anyway. And dont forget the cans of red bull style caffiene drink give you a stamina boost.

That section of stealing the documents from the military is amazing. I played it on master difficulty a few weeks ago and only allowed myself 1 quicksave, possibly the tensest gaming experience ive ever had :lol:

So I have no idea why the resolution is as shit as it is but this is a video I made just now as something quite peculiar happened...

Missed the obvious joke of using disco inferno as the soundtrack! ;) I love when the AI spazzes out like that

Looks like whatever you video editing software you used rendered it in a 4:3 aspect ratio instead of widescreen hence the bizarre resolution

Err, so I just finished the game and that was it? "Give me... Immortality" and then nothing?

Aside from the absolute horrible level design of that particular last part is that seriously the ending? And it was off to such a great start as well. :( Actually, the more I started doing 'hardcore' shooting the more I felt indifferent towards the game. I just can't believe they figured that'd be a good ending though lol. It just did not make any sense whatsoever.

EDIT: Reading up on wiki I apparently did not unlock one of the true endings. Which I figured to be the case as the final level was just downright horrible. "Yeah so here are a few corridors of baddies for you to shoot through once you've persevered through that sheite press the use key".

Err, so I just finished the game and that was it? "Give me... Immortality" and then nothing?

Aside from the absolute horrible level design of that particular last part is that seriously the ending? And it was off to such a great start as well. :( Actually, the more I started doing 'hardcore' shooting the more I felt indifferent towards the game. I just can't believe they figured that'd be a good ending though lol. It just did not make any sense whatsoever.

EDIT: Reading up on wiki I apparently did not unlock one of the true endings. Which I figured to be the case as the final level was just downright horrible. "Yeah so here are a few corridors of baddies for you to shoot through once you've persevered through that sheite press the use key".

Last level is a bit shit alright, too action focussed. But yeah you missed out on the true ending alright. Theres a whole other level, but its also quite action packed.

Right, i'm about to grab this from STEAM.

Will I have any trouble running it on:

Quad core 2.4ghz

3GB RAM

Radeon HD 4850

W7-64 bit

That's almost identical to my rig. Don't crank up the texture detail above about 50% (if you use the mods) and you'll be fine, sailing about at 60fps.