IGNORED

Only Connect, BBC Four

merman

Can't believe how fast the Wheelmen solved their wall!

And that wasn't edited down either - I think it was a record time. It helped that they got the most lateral connection first, and luckily they attacked them in exactly the right order so that they avoided all the traps.

And that wasn't edited down either - I think it was a record time. It helped that they got the most lateral connection first, and luckily they attacked them in exactly the right order so that they avoided all the traps.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy Only Connect (despite the fact that Missing Vowels is the only round I'm halfway decent at!). Been watching since the first episode and it's always reminded me in some way of the quiz shows that used to be on when I was a kid, such as Ask the Family and Call my Bluff, which gives it a warm, nostagic feel. So, thanks for helping to make such an entertaining programme.

You've managed to get it pimped in Creamguide for the past couple of weeks now too! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I found it rock solid this week. I usually get a couple (proud of the four points for the final Carry On Films the other week) but this week = Nothing. I vaguely grasped the link between the rations ones but had no idea what the answer was.

CONTESTANTS NEEDED FOR BBC4s ONLY CONNECT

Victoria Coren presents the fifth series of the popular BBC Four quiz show ONLY CONNECT where, as in life itself, knowledge will only take you so far: patience and lateral thinking are also vital. Its all about making connections between things which may appear, at first glance, not to be connected at all.

Were looking for teams of three players who share a common passion, ability or profession, to pool their combined wits to solve fiendish conundrums and vexing puzzles.

ONLY CONNECT: the quiz where general knowledge meets lateral thinking.

To request an application email onlyconnect@presentable.co.uk including a telephone number.

All entries must be received by no later than Wednesday 26th January 2011 so get your application in as soon as possible.

If you applied for a previous series, but were unsuccessful, you are welcome to apply again for the new series.

Auditions will be held in regional centres throughout the UK.

All applicants must be aged 18+ and U.K. residents

I would have thought they were finalist material. The 2 semis have been excruciatingly difficult, struggling to get any of the answers.

It was incredibly close and had they got 10 points on the wall they'd have breezed it. I just found the team captain amazingly arrogant.

Dammit, you bastards. Let's do this! Let's put a team together! Even if we went out in a blaze of glory in the first round, it would be amazing!

Come on, who's up for it? I am. We need two more.

Okay, if you can find another, I'll bite, though I have found the first two rounds of the last couple of shows ridiculously hard ... even once the solution has been revealed, I'm often still none the wiser.

But like you say, even if we're just the makeweights, it should be larf.