IGNORED

Only Connect, BBC Four

merman

Do you think the questions were easier this week? I got several correct, which is unusual :)

Without a doubt. I fared far better than usual - including naming the fourth in the sequence "Blessed Plot, ?, ?, ?" after just the one clue. I thought that clue was particularly easy, but I guess it's only easy if you happen to know the answer.

Do you think the questions were easier this week? I got several correct, which is unusual :)

Relatively easy compared to the semi-final standard of question, certainly. Got the music one in the first round very quickly.

And I liked the way Victoria did the appeals - "give something, if you can".

• 3 weeks later...

Series finale tonight. And then next Monday... it's Wall Night!

QUIZ SHOW: Only Connect

On: BBC 4 (116)

Date: Monday 12th December 2011

Time: 20:30 to 21:00 (30 minutes long)

Wall Night 1. Episode 1.

Victoria Coren presents a special edition of the quiz show in which knowledge will only take you so far, as patience and lateral thinking are also vital. Eight seasoned Only Connect teams return to take part in a Connecting Wall mini-tournament.

(Stereo, Widescreen, Part 1 of 2, Subtitles, 3 Star)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=8627

Copyright © GipsyMedia Limited.

• 2 weeks later...

Apropos of nothing, I was looking if they'd said there was going to be another series and I found this excellent comment on Victoria's blog saying about the deadline for last series entrants:

John Christ at 11:42 pm on June 7th, 2010

Dear Victoria,

The teenager I’m dating introduced me to Only Connect and we LOVE IT. Definitely the best thing on tv. She fancies you a teeny bit in a straight way. I fancy her but she looks just like you. Together we have great fun with the show, as our lateral thinking procures us more points than UC, making us smug. Thanks and keep up the good work :-)

Bye! x

And I couldn't not post it somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like to take the lead as I'm new to this forum but is there anyone seriously interested in forming a team on OC because they're genuinely good at it? It's just that the deadline's less than a month away and e've no time to procrastinate about this one. Where are you all from?

I don't like to take the lead as I'm new to this forum but is there anyone seriously interested in forming a team on OC because they're genuinely good at it? It's just that the deadline's less than a month away and e've no time to procrastinate about this one. Where are you all from?

I'm from teh interwebs...

I don't like to take the lead as I'm new to this forum but is there anyone seriously interested in forming a team on OC because they're genuinely good at it?

I'm hit and miss on Only Connect. Some shows I'm on fire, others I'm clueless, particularly the semi-finals onwards ... although I did surprisingly well on the final show this year, for once.

As for actually applying to be on the show, I'm totally on the fence. If there are two others who need a third, count me in. I don't mind looking silly in public. :)

Where are you all from?

Up Glasgow way.