IGNORED

Only Connect, BBC Four

merman

• 3 weeks later...

Loved the Children in Need special this week, with Richard Osman from Pointless proving his intelligence. And Victoria Coren looking cute with the teddy bear ears on. And the fact that the appeals were self-contained, restrained and to the point. They always do that well on OC.

• 3 months later...

Who knew Rufus hound was intelligent, he usually seems to go out of his way to show otherwise.

People expect the laddish behaviour (witness the time he stripped naked on Dave's Argumental) so he plays up to it.

Who knew Rufus hound was intelligent, he usually seems to go out of his way to show otherwise.

It's always been fairly obvious, he's ridiculously quick-witted. You can't be like that without picking stuff up along the way.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Never has a show needed a laugh track or applause signs for the audience so badly. Coren delivering a good joke and then leaving a second of clanging silence for you to giggle in is bad enought, but the regular completely unfunny jokes are made three times more awful by the agonising silence accompanied by her looking pleased with herself. Whenever I try to get other people to watch it with me they give me awkward looks during her rarely amusing intro with its awkward silences.

• 4 months later...

Missed that a new series of this had started. Pace myself or a mega binge tomorrow?

Pace yourself. Victoria's increasingly mad intros and some tough walls will melt your brain if you over-indulge.