Rambo: Last Blood

SpaceJump

Sounds terrible - the series just moves further and further away from the fantastic original.

That's just it, though. The original was fantastic - that's been gone for some time now - he became a cartoon character in Rambo: First Blood Part II and that was it from there on in.

Rambo meets the freakbeastie in the snow? I'd buy that for a dollar - bring it on!

I'm wondering how this new plot will work. What made the last film popular is him killing about 36,000 baddies in the space of 10 minutes. If it's just him and this beast what can they do? Have him running and shooting it for the duration of the entire film maybe? They defiantly need to somehow find a way of adding at least 72,000 baddies in there and have him killing those while he hunts for the beast otherwise I can't see this film working at all.

Oh and his mate Beau or whatever needs to be played by Marcus from Big Brother.

I'm wondering how this new plot will work. What made the last film popular is him killing about 36,000 baddies in the space of 10 minutes. If it's just him and this beast what can they do? Have him running and shooting it for the duration of the entire film maybe? They defiantly need to somehow find a way of adding at least 72,000 baddies in there and have him killing those while he hunts for the beast otherwise I can't see this film working at all.

Oh and his mate Beau or whatever needs to be played by Marcus from Big Brother.

How/why do you have a NES-style avatar of Marcus from Big Brother?

• 2 months later...
StalloneZone heard from John Rambo himself, Sylvester Stallone, who advised the site that the previously reported plot for Rambo 5 -- which was being sold as recently as this week's American Film Market as Rambo V: The Savage Hunt -- has been tossed out. Savage Hunt would have seen Rambo partnering with a Special Forces team to hunt down a genetically-engineered man-beast in the Arctic. Yep, you read that right.

But fear not, fanboys. Stallone told his fan site that "Rambo has changed course and the story about hunting the man/beast will be done using another character in the lead. Rambo himself will be heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished. There will be blood." Now that's more like it!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/104/1044889p1.html

:(

Stallone told his fan site that "Rambo has changed course and the story about hunting the man/beast will be done using another character in the lead. Rambo himself will be heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished. There will be blood." Now that's more like it!

Rocky VII confirmed.

The Rambo story set in Mexico was the original story for Rambo IV, then it was the story for the next sequel and then it wasn't and now it is again. Maybe if they make it they will finally stop announcing it as the story for the next film.

They should call it Rambo Slaughters The Mexans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Stallone says this probably won't happen anymore.

Via Empire:

I was going to do it…I said I’d never talk about this, but with I feel that with Rocky Balboa, that character came complete circle. He went home. But for Rambo to go on another adventure might be, I think, misinterpreted as a mercenary gesture and not necessary. I don’t want that to happen…I’m very happy with the last Burmese episode, because I didn’t pull any punches on it.

Personally I'm happy there won't be a fifth, especially if it did follow the sci-fi story that was rumoured.

Good.

Rambo 5 took it full circle as well. In fact, I always thought Rambo 5 was the real follow up to First Blood.

I watched it in a cinema and there were a bunch of kids who laughed at the 'coming home' scene at the end of Rambo 5. They had no idea what that scene actually meant.

Rambo 5 - amaze.