rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Solid SOAP

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II

So is this really a new 2D Sonic from Sega or just a HD remake of the first Sonic the Hedgehog?

I want to believe it'll be the former as it says in the first post of the thread but with Sega, you never know.

Do you think SEGA are looking at the sales of NSMB Wii and thinking "oh, shit.. why aren't we doing that", but also forgetting that (unlike Mario) they've beaten poor Sonic to within an inch of his life, by insisting that he's in every shit game possible.

If they can get a serious reboot, then that's good news- if they took some inspiration from NSMB Wii, but made it much more "Sonic" like then they'll be onto a winner.

But let's just wait and see...

So is this really a new 2D Sonic from Sega or just a HD remake of the first Sonic the Hedgehog?

I want to believe it'll be the former as it says in the first post of the thread but with Sega, you never know.

It definitely won't be the a remake of Sonic 1, and I say that because some concept art that's been released has been of a badnik from Sonic 2.

That does mean it could just be a 'best of' Sonic the Hedgehog in 2.5D. Which really wouldn't surprise me.

they should go for it - make it retail and have some conviction behind its success.

Sonic has already been established in the casual crowd for Wii through the Sonic vs Mario games.

The collective Vader Nooooo from folks if it were announced as a Wii retail would be funny mind...

Do you think SEGA are looking at the sales of NSMB Wii and thinking "oh, shit.. why aren't we doing that", but also forgetting that (unlike Mario) they've beaten poor Sonic to within an inch of his life, by insisting that he's in every shit game possible.

If they can get a serious reboot, then that's good news- if they took some inspiration from NSMB Wii, but made it much more "Sonic" like then they'll be onto a winner.

But let's just wait and see...

I actually think that a multiplayer Sonic game that has 4 characters with Sonic's abilities, that parts into split-screen like Toe Jam and Earl when the characters move too far apart would be terrific fun. Multiplayer modes in 2D Sonic games have always been a bit poor; this'd be a chance to fix that.

The collective Vader Nooooo from folks if it were announced as a Wii retail would be funny mind...

Can't be - one of the defining things we know about it already is that it's going to be HD.

any thoughts on the platform... if this is to be a retail game, I'd imagine the Wii would be the best bet.

As Asura said, lolololol

Speaking with GameSpot, Sega associate brand manager, Ken Balough confirmed that Project Needle mouse will feature HD graphics. He also said the game's concept was a response to "old-school Sonic fans" who "have long asked to see Sonic return to a more 2D style of gameplay." For more details, check out GameSpot's full interview with Balough

lololol Sega, they must have been gutted when they saw the NSMB Wii sales. I wonder if they'll do a port.

lolol is for scottcr for posting his hopes and dreams without even reading the OP :) The game will be shit anyway probably, HD or not!

I'd say a Wii port is almost 100% guaranteed, they're probably just mentioned HD at the moment to keep the fans happy. The few thousand fans on the internet who ask for a new 2D Sonic game as opposed to the millions of fans who actually buy Sonic games these days, that is.

I'd say a Wii port is almost 100% guaranteed, they're probably just mentioned HD at the moment to keep the fans happy. The few thousand fans on the internet who ask for a new 2D Sonic game as opposed to the millions of fans who actually buy Sonic games these days, that is.

In all seriousness a wii port would be good news, simply because it would mean the original HD version or whatever would have to be substantial enough in content/length to justify a retail price on another format. Win-win for both sides. 360/PS3 guys could get the game downloaded cheap, and wii owners could buy it in the shops!

Have they said it's a downloadable game?

No but I can't see a retail only 2D release of this on HD consoles what with PSN and XBLA

God, yes. And get any of the guys who did the music for the first 3 to do this one because the shit each game has used since isn't worthy to like the original theme or Green Hill Zone's boots.

Michael Jackson is dead, dude. He's dead.

The fact the concept art came from Japan gives hope.

The fact the concept art came from Japan also scares, Sega haven't made anything decent, especially when it comes to 2D, in years.

(this is assuming it's being developed in-house)

That whole Michael Jackson thing is some serious bullshit.

Actually, it turned out to be true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_3

In December 2009, Michael Jackson's composer, Brad Buxer, told French magazine Black & White that Jackson was actually involved with some of Sonic 3's compositions, supposedly not being credited because he wasn't happy with how they sounded, due to the lack of optimal sound reproduction on the Genesis.