IGNORED

MAG 2.0 - Now with Move Support

The Sarge

The only thing pissing me off in this is douchebag teams. Only me and one other guy- the team leader!- decided we should be attacking the AAA, everyone else split off- either solo or with one other person, max- to sit around, snipe people, pointlessly try to rush the objective, or fix bridges for no reason.

I hope we can keep the clan going regularly, otherwise I might trade it in out of USELESS PLAYER STUPIDITY. I hit level 15 tomorrow with any luck, so hopefully I can just run around and kick anyone not following orders. ^_^

Picked this up cheap, and after 5 matches It's totally clicked, there is a great game in this

davewhiteaj5 is my ps3 tag look forward to some matches

Is someone sorting Dave with an invite to the clan?

Also are we having another get together on Thursday? Again I can do most of the evening apart from 10 till 11.

I will be on most nights this week as well. Sorry had to chip last night Asura but it was bedtime fo Bonzo.

Finally should we not be taking this kind of chat to th Online folder.

To make it more relevant to this folder I would say I am slightly worrid about the lack of variety of maps/game type. I seem to play the same ones on pretty much every game type or at a maximum only one variation. Are there plans for more maps and are they planning to charge. Bit shit if they are.

I've really enjoyed the games we've played as a clan, but I'm getting frustrated outside of those few occasions. Everyones a lone wolf (although lone badger would be more accurate considering the difference you make) and charges around without much thought. When it's good, boy is it good - reviving teammates, taking out flanking enemies and saving a squad mate, fully organised assaults - AWESOME. I can now command a squad but really want to do it within the clan - then I can show just how little I know the maps! Hopefully I'll see some of you on Thursday night

You don't. When you hit 60 you can go veteren in your current PMC, or switch to one of the others.

The only other way is to create another PSN account

Sorry to question this but you definite on this? Sure someone mentioned you can have an additional slot at an earlier stage. Not sure if it was Asura / Doc NI?

I know no better.

Is it proper 256 player battles in this or are you split up some how?

You're divided up into platoons of 32 and squads of 8 - but you are all in the same map. The squad system helps prevent too much of a clusterfuck but yes, theoretically, you could all be in the same place at the same time. It isn't instanced or sharded or anything like that.

The 256 player battles are not the way to go if you are not SVER. They have such a serious advantage on their map it's near impossible to beat them in the biggest game. Aquisition seems to the way to go for Raven players. Ultimately though Zipper need to get a patch up to address balancing issues. It's not going to be a tweak here and there either.

Domination (256 player) utterly sucks as Raven. Our base is like a sieve, and (unless you've got 3/4 clans in there) our bunkers and burnoff towers are gone in the first 5 minutes leaving us running around a confusing maze to cover our points. Also, how was it ever fair to have our aa on a ship with basically 4 narrow approaches which can be easily covered!?

I wouldn't mine at all if there the other maps were similar, but the SVER one is ludicrous, you might as well line up for a duck shoot (and by might as well, I mean, that's whats going to happen) with bunkers that can cover other bunkers, while on Valor and Raven the bunkers are split up and isolated.

If they don't do something about it it's going to cripple Domination, you can already see that around twice as many sver as valor (and a half again for Raven) are doing Domination on a night which basically means you are always attacking or defending against SVER - I can't remember the last time I did a Valor Domination match as Raven

Domination (256 player) utterly sucks as Raven. Our base is like a sieve, and (unless you've got 3/4 clans in there) our bunkers and burnoff towers are gone in the first 5 minutes leaving us running around a confusing maze to cover our points. Also, how was it ever fair to have our aa on a ship with basically 4 narrow approaches which can be easily covered!?

I wouldn't mine at all if there the other maps were similar, but the SVER one is ludicrous, you might as well line up for a duck shoot (and by might as well, I mean, that's whats going to happen) with bunkers that can cover other bunkers, while on Valor and Raven the bunkers are split up and isolated.

If they don't do something about it it's going to cripple Domination, you can already see that around twice as many sver as valor (and a half again for Raven) are doing Domination on a night which basically means you are always attacking or defending against SVER - I can't remember the last time I did a Valor Domination match as Raven

Zipper have some major fixing to do for sure. Leave it too long and they'll kill their own game.

Zipper have some major fixing to do for sure. Leave it too long and they'll kill their own game.

Some questions about upgrades.

I am going the assault rifle route but am currently in the tier with bipod for 2, the ATAC rifle(?) for 3 and the possible less recoil for 1.

To get into the next tier it says I have to spend two points in previous tier. I don't want the ATAC or the bipod(not sure how useful this is for the assault rifle and I believe it is best used if you are stationary which I usually avoid to stop getting sniped). I just thought to check whether it means you have to spend two points in the tier immediately before the one I am trying to access or whetehr I can spend the 2 points in any tier below this i.e. tiers 1 or 2 or 3

Also thought I would check that it didn't mean just spend 2 points in any tier 3 across all the upgrades or it had to be in the assault rifle grouping.

Think I know the answer but thought to check as the manual lis not the best I have read. The description of the ATAC really put me off and I am saving for the top assault rifle and happy with my upgraded one in the mean time.

Anyone got the ATAC and if so any good. Apologies if I have the name completely wrong as I am writing this from memory not in front of the game.

Is there a suggested route to the top assuat rifle in regards of upgrade choices. Stil lreally enjoying this game and the one I look to play when I have any gaming time. Domination does suck big eggs and I started to get some lag issues last night with a lack of spawning and some jerky movements - I am hoping this is down to the late hour and playing with our US cousins rather than anything else.

see you all on Thursday people.

Each skill category — Assault, Marksman, Athleticism, etcetera — is independent of one another. You need to spend 2 points in each tier of a category to unlock the next one, any excess points spent will not count towards anything. So, if you spend 2 points on the Relex Sight then you'll open up the next tier of Assault talents, within which you have to buy either the ATAC or the Bipod to unlock the third tier of talents even if you've already spent a few more points in the first tier.

I can only go off my time in the Beta, but the ATAC was my favourite Raven assault rifle as it has the best accuracy and comes with a free foregrip. Unless things have changed I'd pick it over the later rifle, especially as it frees up a few points that you could sink into passively improving your rifle stability and reload speed.

Each skill category — Assault, Marksman, Athleticism, etcetera — is independent of one another. You need to spend 2 points in each tier of a category to unlock the next one, any excess points spent will not count towards anything. So, if you spend 2 points on the Relex Sight then you'll open up the next tier of Assault talents, within which you have to buy either the ATAC or the Bipod to unlock the third tier of talents even if you've already spent a few more points in the first tier.

I can only go off my time in the Beta, but the ATAC was my favourite Raven assault rifle as it has the best accuracy and comes with a free foregrip. Unless things have changed I'd pick it over the later rifle, especially as it frees up a few points that you could sink into passively improving your rifle stability and reload speed.

Thanks for the concise easy to understand reply. You should email the the makers as an example for the manual.

Given the statement above about the foregrip does that imply unless I respec then the fore grip points spent earlier will now be wasted with the new weapon?

Is the assault rifle better than the final top tier one then? be interested in your thoughts why, I haven't tried either yet.

Not seen much talk about the machine gun. Would they be a decent choice with a recoil reduction, reflex sight etc. I nice spray and pray weapon with a decent clip size.

I was a wheeling, dealing healing machine last night and made it into the top three MVP on a game. With my shit aim, lack of spatial awareness and lack of history in FPS I was proper proud.

Also how come you didn't go from Beta to full game. I am a bit worried this game may go stale quite quick.

Anyone got the ATAC and if so any good. Apologies if I have the name completely wrong as I am writing this from memory not in front of the game.

I have it and it's a huge upgrade from the default rifle. In 1 on 1's I'm no longer getting annihilated every damn time.

I am a bit worried this game may go stale quite quick.

Going by Warhawk etc this may just have a decent lifespan if issues are addressed properly. PSN players seem less prone to flocking to a different shooter every week unlike their XBL counterparts.

Given the statement above about the foregrip does that imply unless I respec then the fore grip points spent earlier will now be wasted with the new weapon?

Is the assault rifle better than the final top tier one then?

Yes, they will be wasted.

It might be that they've made the third assault rifle more attractive since the Beta, but personally I found the ATAC to be the best choice because it was the most accurate of all of them which suits the game's tendency towards medium-long range combat; you can basically go sniping with a 4x scope equipped. Also the ATAC costs 3 skill points whilst the R-533 (I just looked up its name) costs 5, so by sticking with the former you save yourself 2 points that you can chuck into Reload Speed and Improved Stability, and potentially save yourself 2 points on unlocking the foregrip as well — that also gives you a little more breathing room when it comes down to credits spent on your loadouts.

Also how come you didn't go from Beta to full game.

Because Sony didn't send me the game for free.

Yes, they will be wasted.

It might be that they've made the third assault rifle more attractive since the Beta, but personally I found the ATAC to be the best choice because it was the most accurate of all of them which suits the game's tendency towards medium-long range combat; you can basically go sniping with a 4x scope equipped. Also the ATAC costs 3 skill points whilst the R-533 (I just looked up its name) costs 5, so by sticking with the former you save yourself 2 points that you can chuck into Reload Speed and Improved Stability, and potentially save yourself 2 points on unlocking the foregrip as well — that also gives you a little more breathing room when it comes down to credits spent on your loadouts.

Because Sony didn't send me the game for free.

lol - did you ask?

Thanks again for the response. I will give the ATAC a go then and am close to a respec anyway so can claim back my foregrip points.

Anyone got experience with the machine gun with a view of the pros and cons. In the right hands I feel it could be deadly and I like to put down supressing fire even if I am not gonna hit a target just to contain a team whilst my squad mates move into a more advantageous position.

With two squads under proper control and leaders speaking this game has room for some effective tactics. Distraction, flanking and all out rambo full frontal assaults could all be good laughs. I will deffo be on this tonight if anyone is around.

I joined NITCH last night for a game but we were in different squads and the game lagged for me, still we had a pretty good showing on the leader board.

I do like it when randoms appreciate healing, always say thank you myself and when a few words on the mic suddenly open up the whole squad to communicating.

Thanks again for the response. I will give the ATAC a go then and am close to a respec anyway so can claim back my foregrip points.

Anyone got experience with the machine gun with a view of the pros and cons. In the right hands I feel it could be deadly and I like to put down supressing fire even if I am not gonna hit a target just to contain a team whilst my squad mates move into a more advantageous position.

There appears to be no definitive load out. Going by the little pic of the gun used by people when I'm killed it seems as if the full range of guns are being used. I'm not really seeing one weapon being used relentlessly. I did manage to headshot someone up a tower using a pistol but that's about the height of my gun skills. I have to admit I still struggle with accuracy on the PS3 pad.

I've been exclusively LMG in live, though I tried AR in beta, and the biggest difference is the clip size in my opinion. When I use the AR I constantly find myself reloading*, whereas with the LMG you can effectively lay down massive amounts of suppresive fire and/or take out whole groups en masse. I don't notice a massive difference in damage between them though.

*Though that may be BECAUSE I've used the LMG for so long

EDIT - Note that I think the LMG will get nerfed to shit if/when they do any balancing

I decided to re-spec today and I've gone with resuscitate, the audio sensor and the F90. I've not had a chance to try it yet though and I've got points left over - if I level up one more time I can get the shotgun, so I may give that a go.