IGNORED

Defying Gravity

Luke

Anyone been watching this?

I watched the first three episodes when they were on iTunes US store for free, and it seemed kind of good.

Can't decide whether to commit to the rest of the series though, so was wondering if anyone else has got any further with it.

Anyone been watching this?

I watched the first three episodes when they were on iTunes US store for free, and it seemed kind of good.

Can't decide whether to commit to the rest of the series though, so was wondering if anyone else has got any further with it.

its been cancelled after 8 episodes, they are not even going to show the last 5 eps they already had filmed.

Hmm, from Wikipedia: "The show's publicist, Nicole Marostica, issued a statement on September 14, 2009 that ABC is not in fact canceling the show but that management is deciding on a time slot to air the remaining 5 episodes of season 1".

Ah well, guess I'll not bother with this one. This always seems to happen to shows I think I might get into, I have got into. Either everyone else has crap taste, or I do (surely the former).

i've been watching it, didnt realise it was/maybe cancelled

the latest episode 8, ends with the cliffhanger reveal to the astronauts, but not the viewer, of whatever is going on. so it'd be a massive shame not to get to see those last few. it would have benefited from getting to that point a lot sooner though. its not quite weird/spooky enough. still i've enjoyed it, but its nothing particularly special. definitely better than that other similar space thingy, virtuality(?) that i think only had a pilot episode

the latest episode 8, ends with the cliffhanger reveal to the astronauts, but not the viewer, of whatever is going on. so it'd be a massive shame not to get to see those last few. it would have benefited from getting to that point a lot sooner though.

Sooner? Compared to Lost, 8 episodes seems, ...... well, I can't find the words to describe it!

• 1 month later...

whole series spoilers for those that cant be arsed to watch it

beta is on the ship, causing the halucinations, and altering the astronauts dna... no idea why.

its a weird squiggly alien rock. that black chick found it and its sending out signals to other alien objects, one on each planet.

the mars mission where those guys died was a first attempt.

they get to venus. sexy blonde chick finds next alien thingy and brings it back.

end of series.... probably not to be continued

whole series spoilers for those that cant be arsed to watch it

beta is on the ship, causing the halucinations, and altering the astronauts dna... no idea why.

its a weird squiggly alien rock. that black chick found it and its sending out signals to other alien objects, one on each planet.

the mars mission where those guys died was a first attempt.

they get to venus. sexy blonde chick finds next alien thingy and brings it back.

end of series.... probably not to be continued

That really was shit wasn't it?

I was hoping for credible, interesting sci-fi but we got caricatures right out of Grey's Anatomy being overly emotional about

a supernatural blob

in space. Ron Livingston went from Band of Brothers to... this?

I'm trying my best to stick with this, but it's making it very difficult, just because it's SO SLOW!

I mean this week:

1. There was a problem with the ship.

It was a spanner.

3. The end.

It's starting to take the piss IMO. I'm all for slow-burning TV shows (the first series of Mad Men was a great example of this), but for christ's sake, things need to actually happen!

• 1 month later...

Caught up with the final four episodes of this over the past few days. It was something of a slow burner, and I'd have much preferred more time spent on the Antares and less time dwelling on the relationship flashback stuff, but I'm disappointed that it was cancelled as I'd have liked to see where it went.

There are details of what the series creator had planned for the following seasons in this blog post.

Also, I really liked that dreamlike 'Beta' music. :wub: