IGNORED

vvv

Transient Curse

Oh yeah, I loved that and everyone else hated it. I'd be running through the grass going "Swish! Swish!", and getting out of my chair to pummel a boss to death. Take that ya cunt! I found it much more involving than pressing a button, and I honestly mean that.

Maybe I just have simple tastes. And I knew it wasn't mapping my movements exactly. I didn't care.

I loved swishing the sword in zelda, but I'm clearly mental.

Well, it would be nice if you had to brake every once in a while or if there were actually some tactics to it rather than drive in front of the pack and wait for a blue shell to bring some challenge. If you get some people together it can be fun anyway, but compared to older SNES/GBA Mario Kart games this is just a dumbed down bubblehead of a game. The older games required some skill at least.

And yes, I think it looks ugly, like the whole game is made out of cardboard. And that's not the Wii's fault, as games like Mario Galaxy and Zack & Wiki show that games on the Wii can look positively lush.

One man's dumbed down is another man's accessible. MK Wii is the only version of the game since the SNES that I've bothered to play for any extended period of time. (And it is really all about Time Trials.) The new tracks look gorgeous, it's just the manky old 'classic' tracks (particularly the laughable N64 ones) that look gash.

Well, it would be nice if you had to brake every once in a while or if there were actually some tactics to it rather than drive in front of the pack and wait for a blue shell to bring some challenge. If you get some people together it can be fun anyway, but compared to older SNES/GBA Mario Kart games this is just a dumbed down bubblehead of a game. The older games required some skill at least.

And yes, I think it looks ugly, like the whole game is made out of cardboard. And that's not the Wii's fault, as games like Mario Galaxy and Zack & Wiki show that games on the Wii can look positively lush.

I'm genuinely surprised by that, I thought they smashed the ball out of the park with MK Wii. Best version since the SNES, amazing controls, great tracks, cracking online (one of the only online games I've ever enjoyed). I even liked the tricks.

Fuck, I'm playing that tonight as well. <_<

Ditto. I enjoy all three and cannot understand the hatred that goes on in here when you look back at the mediocrity of last-generation.

Fucking lunatic.

agreed. the last gen post dreamcast was boring

Fucking lunatic No. 2.

Not only is half of Mario Kart locked, which none of the new market will bother or learn how to unlock ...but there are no mentions of how to control the game in game, so half the controls aren't available to them because they are going to trial and error rather than read the manual. You can't pander to a new market and then not put the leg work in to keep them.

Not only is half of Mario Kart locked, which none of the new market will bother or learn how to unlock ...but there are no mentions of how to control the game in game, so half the controls aren't available to them because they are going to trial and error rather than read the manual. You can't pander to a new market and then not put the leg work in to keep them.

What nonsense is this?

To me, the Wii is a fancy controller that could have been released for existing consoles and didn't require a new console to show it off.

However, doing it that way would not guarantee any software support so they released a console for it to connect to.

I got rid of mine after about 2 months - biggest disappointment of any console I ever bought (and I bought a CD-I once) - and thought I'd buy another when Mario Galaxy came out - but by the time it did, I realised there had been nothing else I wanted to play released in nearly a year.

Nintendo seem to be selling millions of the things to families, but I reckon a lot of those are stuffed in cupboads, next to the breville and the wok.

Massive Fanboy

Purchased on Release

Played through zelda, resi 4, galaxy, elebits etc etc

Got bored

Moved onto 360

Playing multiplayer on Live changed everything (funny - after live, normal wii online was poor. Mariokart - we had to keep our 360s on with our headsets to talk).

Bought more games on 360 in one year of ownership than I ever did on any other system, and played them more too.

My wii is keyed up, but I still don't see any game worth a dl.

Still a fanboy though...!

25 years or so of playing computer games. THe Wii ranks as my least favorite and least used gaming system. By a country mile.

My brief history with it.

Day I get it. Play with family have great fun bowling. Zelda lovely. Gosh isn't this fun.

Three weeks later. Get new HD telly. Wii looks ab-so-lute shit on it. Almost unplayably so. Still... friends come over play bowling. It might look a bit gash but this is still fun.

Six weeks later. Zelda's completed. No-one wants to play bowling any more, friends who don't even play consoles think it looks gash ('why's it so blurry on your telly?'). Gets covered in a lot of dust.

Six months later. Remove lots of dust. Play Mario. It's lovely. Pity it still looks gash on my telly.

A year later. It's in my cupboard

A year and three months later. The GF wants WII Fit. It's shit. Flog on ebay.

One year six months later. Get smaller tv for my bedroom plug wii in - wii finally looks ok. Maybe I'll play it again... Boom blox quite fun. And er.... well I could buy another new game for it... but like there's twenty better games on other consoles. All of which don't require me spraining my wrist to play.

Today. In a cupboard.

No doubt i'll buy one game for it this year... yeah a whole one game. Great investment that.

I'm too much of a nerd to be annoyed at having bought it, the completist in me wouldn't have stood for it, and I thank it for Zelda and Mario but seriously £200+ to be able to play those two games?

It's Balls.

The DS however is a work of genius.

Fuckin' hell! I'm away for a day and the whole thing goes completely bonkers!

Anyway

Good!

Gears is a lot of fun online, I think. My boyfriend's not online tonight though. :)

EDIT: I hope you do realise, HarMGM that I wasn't actually getting at you? You probably did and I'm probably being over cautious but I wouldn't want you to think that my hyperbolic post was actually attacking you.

Ofcourse i realized that! No hard feelings at all. <_<

Does this thread not prove theres something quite disappointing about the Wii so far from a game euthisasts point of view? I'm actually quite suprised at the amount of similar responses that are in line with my own opinion and the OP. I'm sure this is not the only games forum with these views.

I was very excited about the machine and after playing and watching my little brother's Wii with Galaxy I had to buy one.

I completed Galaxy and had a blast on Wii Sports but after having real fun and enjoying the novelty of the Wii Remote I just stopped playing it. It was fired up with friends and family and everyone enjoyed using the Remote and the simple nature of the games, much like Eye Toy, but after another few months it was getting less use and less interest. Less than 6 months after buying it, I sold it.

It's a very fresh system, offering an original control scheme that I've never felt so shocked by since the N64 which affords it endless possibilities, wrapped with fantastic local multiplayer opportunities which is a riot with friends.

There is just one genuine problem with the console; there are so few quality games to play for it.

Of all the people I know who have a wii, but aren't known for their game playing, don't know that they can powerslide or how to get away fast at the start of a race.

Yeah, the Super Start isn't explained in the manual, which is a bit of an oversight. It's actually one of the worst manuals I've seen for such a high profile game, it explains things very poorly.

I like spazmonkey's little diary there. How strange that a console fails to entertain you if you don't buy any games. <_<

Does this thread not prove theres something quite disappointing about the Wii so far from a game euthisasts point of view? I'm actually quite suprised at the amount of similar responses that are in line with my own opinion and the OP. I'm sure this is not the only games forum with these views.

I think in terms of this forum yes, opinion seems to have firmly polarized into a majority of people being disappointed and unimpressed, and I daresay that absolutely nothing that happens to the Wii now will actually change their minds. In a few years time, a lot of you will be talking about the "last" gen and how much you disliked the Wii.

I'm just happy to be in the minority. You'll all think I'm mental, but it's my favourite console of all time, hands down.

Its a complete non-machine to me. Played on someone elses machine twice since its release. Enjoyed it but didn't feel any urge to play on it further or purchase.

I've just ignored it basically since day one and plowed on with my 360 and ps3

See, I really hate myself now for posting in this thread. In fact I only really came in here to say effectively "I'm out" of any further debates on the perceived worth of the Wii, because frankly, I ain't even got time to enjoy it. Instead I end up reading stuff like "Its (sic) a non-machine".

I guess all I've really learned from this utterly pointless thread is that perhaps more of you are disgruntled with your purchase than I previously thought. Previously I'd sort of thought that most of the forum generally liked it, but how about some more great games like that Mario one please Nintendo. C'est la vie.

Apart from that, no-one has re-evaluated their view of the machine, so the whole thing is completely pointless, and what an utter knob I must be to have contributed. I guess the only positive is that I now fancy playing a bit of Wii Play (Target mostly), but alas, it seems I've lent it to a mate.

In short, a big :wub: in Wahwah's general direction, and one back at me while we're about it.

See, I really hate myself now for posting in this thread. In fact I only really came in here to say effectively "I'm out" of any further debates on the perceived worth of the Wii, because frankly, I ain't even got time to enjoy it. Instead I end up reading stuff like "Its (sic) a non-machine".

I guess all I've really learned from this utterly pointless thread is that perhaps more of you are disgruntled with your purchase than I previously thought. Previously I'd sort of thought that most of the forum generally liked it, but how about some more great games like that Mario one please Nintendo. C'est la vie.

Apart from that, no-one has re-evaluated their view of the machine, so the whole thing is completely pointless, and what an utter knob I must be to have contributed. I guess the only positive is that I now fancy playing a bit of Wii Play (Target mostly), but alas, it seems I've lent it to a mate.

In short, a big :wub: in Wahwah's general direction, and one back at me while we're about it.

o/\o