SFIV - 1st Division - Week 1 - Season 3

stefcha

Get used to those sounds, you're going to be hearing a lot of them :facepalm: I'm a bit upset everyone's chosen Cammy, there goes my element of surprise you bastards! Other than that we've got a Gouken on which I'll be doing a sweepstake on how often the fucking "throw into ultra" is attempted, with Horselegs, Ryu, Rose, M. Bison and Seth completing the roster. Seth? Are you mental? Either that or scarily good with him. Hmm. I'm enjoying linking this picture of the pristine table so much I'm going to do it again:

div1initial.jpg

WOW! GO GO GO POINTS AT STAKE!

Week 1 23/09 - 30/09

Round 1

gozaimas - gozaimas v dood - robdood Result: 0 - 3

stefcha - stefcha v Polmon - PolmonTheNinja Result: 3 - 0

Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II v cale - cales moog Result: 1 - 2

giant_frying_pan - giantfryingpan v carlito - Dollarez Result: 0 - 3

Round 2

strawdonkey - strawd0nkey v stefcha - stefcha Result: 2 - 1

cale - cales moog v gozaimas - gozaimas Result: 0 - 3

Polmon - PolmonTheNinja v giant_frying_pan - giantfryingpan Result: 1 - 2

carlito - Dollarez v Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II Result: 2 - 1

Round 3

dood - robdood v cale - cales moog Result: 2 - 1

giant_frying_pan - giantfryingpan v strawdonkey - strawd0nkey

gozaimas - gozaimas v carlito - Dollarez Result: 1 - 2

Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II v Polmon - PolmonTheNinja

Hi guys!

I've not played since the end of the last season so I'd like to use the next couple of evenings to get back up to speed; so I should be available to play matches from Saturday onwards, by which point I'll be suitably refreshed and still not very good.

Is that going to cause a problem for any of the 37 Cammys I'll be playing this week?

2-1 2-1 2-1 all the way through! How I managed to hit you out of an ultra with a cannon spike I've no idea, thought I was a goner there. The ultra's the one thing I rarely use these days, the only useful setup I know is the cannon spike FADC backdash to ultra and I'm never composed enough to get it out in a proper match, even with the couple of spike - FADC forward - spikes I did get out I totally managed to bugger up the second hit. Enjoyable stuff, I love league :lol:

Result just in!

gozaimas 0 - 3 dood

!!

ggs matey - would've liked to have a few more against your Ryu tbh, that SRK > FADC > Ultra in the very first round put the shits up me something good! ;)

I'm going to have to get back into playing this every day though; my execution is a joke! so many accidental jumps and failed ultras! Having said that, I was amazed I managed to pull out the closeupHK > Super at one point :coffee:

GFP: Fancy playing Tuesday evening? My practice schedule has not gone to plan, as I am a lazy bastard.

Stefcha: Same for you? I can make tonight instead if Tuesday's not convenient :(

Tuesday should be fine for me. Ideally, before or after the footy (19:45 - 21:30) but I'll play during that if need be.

Apologies for being awkward this first week, but I should be around tonight after 22:00 and all tomorrow night, hopefully.

GFP: Fancy playing Tuesday evening? My practice schedule has not gone to plan, as I am a lazy bastard.

Stefcha: Same for you? I can make tonight instead if Tuesday's not convenient :(

Tuesday's fine, I might have football but should be in by 9ish I'd have thought, we might not have the numbers this week anyway now I think about it though.

Fresh hot steaming results!

Cale 0 - 3 Goz

I couldn't deal with those flippin' crossups and got duly punished. Sob.

Dante 1 - 2 Cale

Absurdly close stuff. Dante's Seth is a fucking nightmare and this could easily have gone either way. Went to the last round of the last match as so many of our battles seem to. My hat is doffed.

Carlito 2 - Dante Sigona 1

Pretty flash Seth you've got there dude!

I felt pretty ashamed of myself for scraping the win as there was all types of combo based flamboyancy coming out from you and very, very little coming out from me. Unfortunately Seth takes damage like a big hissy girl so I edged it with dullard roundhouse kicks and other clumsy mashing.

Thanks man. My problem is creating opportunities to actually land the combos though. If I'd spent half as much time actually playing as Seth as I have in training mode practicing links and teleport mix ups I might not have lost both my matches so far! :)

Still, I played better than I did yesterday against Cale, so who knows what will happen next time we meet!

Polmon I will be on tomorrow some time after 6pm.