IGNORED

RPL Town Dressing Room - Season 7

Tomox

I thought we were great in the first game, kept the ball far better than we did in the second game.

When does the new season start and will we be Brazil again for the new season? Not sure how this all works so any information will most useful. I won't even ask about the transfers.

Welcome to Town btw. Apologies if I didn't say hello last night in all the excitement of the last game. Is it coincedence that you are called Trigg and playing for town - the home of all things Trotter related, including Tomo's certificate of Managment ;-)

post-16788-1262946656.jpg

No problem, thanks for the welcome.

It is a coincidence too, even more so my name Trigg is in reference to the wonderful Trigger from Fools and Horse which was kindly given to me by my Dad of all people!

Guess I'll fit right in then :bye:

Hahaha, amazing stuff! Forgot to mention that you did really well last night mate, considering it was your first game.

I've noticed you've given your 'position preferences' to SaintM as wanting to play CB first? Can it be true? (CBs are rare if you haddnt guessed!)

Hahaha, amazing stuff! Forgot to mention that you did really well last night mate, considering it was your first game.

I've noticed you've given your 'position preferences' to SaintM as wanting to play CB first? Can it be true? (CBs are rare if you haddnt guessed!)

Thanks, first game for me was loads better than the second game I thought. Didn't really touch the ball in the second game! :bye:

CB first, haha. I doubt it as I've always found defending to be the most difficult part. More than willing to give it a shot though should I be required to do so.

I actually enjoyed playing the CB role again and, despite the..erm..5 goals conceded, didn't think we were too bad. Communication seems to be the key and most of the times they scored was due to us being uncertain who was covering who.

Yeah, colours is defiantly the better way to communicate thats for sure. Just a lot happening for me (being the first game) and I got confused at times. Still, it was bloody good fun and very much looking forward to the next outing.

Welcome, to the RPL Town Season 7 awards ceremony!

oscars1_800x526.jpg

There are 5 awards on offer tonight. All the RPL Town players have been consulted and have casted the vote accordingly. We are still awaiting one set of late votes, but after counting up the votes already cast, clear winners have been decided.

First up is the suprise of the season. This is going to the biggest suprise player of the season, whether good, bad or indifferent.

In second place, Pilotwings with 2 votes!

The winner is.......FuntimeDave with 4 votes! Dave was voted for because of his sterling work at the back and at CDM.

Next up we have the biggest disappointment of the season.

The runners up are......Tobert, Big Gus, Petey, Pilotwings, Bleeders and Br00n! Basically, most people seemed to vote for themselves!

The winner is, and this may not suprise you. He's unique, he loud, he's Joffy! His general lack of turning up for unseen reasons won him this award with 3 votes from his team mates!

Now we have quote of the season. With all the banter flying about in the dressing room, this was always going to be a tough award to decide. But one came through.

The runnera up came from Tobert (3 different quotes!) and Tomox, these included the famous and annoying 'one man each', his colours and his 'schwank monologue' all from Tobert. 'Thats the Juan!' from Tomox. These all recieved one vote each.

But the winner, with a massive 5 votes is..... Big Gus! Anyone who was there will know exactly which one we are talking about. Town were 1 up at half time against City. There was a buzz and a belief in the dressing room at half time, Gussy stood up and took charge of the situation and uttered these now infamous words. "lets not suck each other off yet, were are only half way there". Alas Town lost the game 3-2, but the quote will never be forgotten!

Now we have the goal of the season. there were three contenders for this.

The runners up are, a rocket from Wallbob against City in week 2, which got 2 votes. And the amazing own goal from Big Gus against Rovers.

The winner with 6 votes was the thunderstrike from Tobert in week 2 against City. He called it, smashed it, and it flew in!

Second to last we have one of the biggest awards, its the player of the season award.

The runners up include Wallbob and FuntimeDave who got 2 votes each, and Big Gus who got 1 vote.

The winner with 4 votes was player manager Tomox! ( :) aawwww thanks guys!)

Finally there is the managers player of the season. This is an award chosen by manager Tomox.

The winner is....FuntimeDave! Dave continued to impress over the season, playing in all positions possible. He always had his chin up and was always around for games and training. Top work!

That concludes tonights awards. See you all next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome, to the RPL Town Season 7 awards ceremony!

oscars1_800x526.jpg

There are 5 awards on offer tonight. All the RPL Town players have been consulted and have casted the vote accordingly. We are still awaiting one set of late votes, but after counting up the votes already cast, clear winners have been decided.

First up is the suprise of the season. This is going to the biggest suprise player of the season, whether good, bad or indifferent.

In second place, Pilotwings with 2 votes!

The winner is.......FuntimeDave with 4 votes! Dave was voted for because of his sterling work at the back and at CDM.

Next up we have the biggest disappointment of the season.

The runners up are......Tobert, Big Gus, Petey, Pilotwings, Bleeders and Br00n! Basically, most people seemed to vote for themselves!

The winner is, and this may not suprise you. He's unique, he loud, he's Joffy! His general lack of turning up for unseen reasons won him this award with 3 votes from his team mates!

Now we have quote of the season. With all the banter flying about in the dressing room, this was always going to be a tough award to decide. But one came through.

The runnera up came from Tobert (3 different quotes!) and Tomox, these included the famous and annoying 'one man each', his colours and his 'schwank monologue' all from Tobert. 'Thats the Juan!' from Tomox. These all recieved one vote each.

But the winner, with a massive 5 votes is..... Big Gus! Anyone who was there will know exactly which one we are talking about. Town were 1 up at half time against City. There was a buzz and a belief in the dressing room at half time, Gussy stood up and took charge of the situation and uttered these now infamous words. "lets not suck each other off yet, were are only half way there". Alas Town lost the game 3-2, but the quote will never be forgotten!

Now we have the goal of the season. there were three contenders for this.

The runners up are, a rocket from Wallbob against City in week 2, which got 2 votes. And the amazing own goal from Big Gus against Rovers.

The winner with 6 votes was the thunderstrike from Tobert in week 2 against City. He called it, smashed it, and it flew in!

Second to last we have one of the biggest awards, its the player of the season award.

The runners up include Wallbob and FuntimeDave who got 2 votes each, and Big Gus who got 1 vote.

The winner with 4 votes was player manager Tomox! ( :coffee: aawwww thanks guys!)

Finally there is the managers player of the season. This is an award chosen by manager Tomox.

The winner is....FuntimeDave! Dave continued to impress over the season, playing in all positions possible. He always had his chin up and was always around for games and training. Top work!

That concludes tonights awards. See you all next year.

Hey I never responded to this. Just to say a massive thank you to all the Town players last season who made a newbie such as myself feel very welcome. My first game of BAP involved an own goal - little did I know at the time that that was the Town way.

Props to Gus for taking me under his wing - I never used to swear you know or flinch at the sound of a shouting scotsman. Also I think Tobert derserves a special mention as the glue that keeps us all together. If we didn't have Tobert to shout at we may have turned on each other.

I would love to say that the whole season had been an absolute pleasure but we all know there were some dark days, it is a testament that we have come through stronger and looking good now we have dumped the deadwood holding us back ;-)

(Whaddya mean Tobert is still in the team?!?)