IGNORED

RPL United - Dressing Room (Season 7)

Wincho

We played 5 full games and 1 shorter game last night (including friendlies) and conceded in only 1 of those 6 outings. Awesome work chaps!

Al - We are going to be on every Thursday from 8.30 for practice (before the games start 1at 10/10.15) You'd be welcome to join us anytime mate.

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind if I'm online then in the future.

Just to whet your appetite for when you come back: defending on BAP is so much more enjoyable on FIFA 10, due to the increased responsiveness. It really is a joy.

I really like the defending in 1 v 1 as well, all the hours spent using the player focused camera in 09 have really improved my play at the back, hopefully I'll get a bash at 10 soon!

Back 4 - I always play with the player focussed camera, and I implore the rest of the back 4 to do so. Yeah, this means you won't get to see the game, and not see all of the sexy stuff the other fuckers are doing, but we're here to do a job. Not watch football! If you play with the moving camera, many times our left back, right back, RCB, were all standing still while you were watching Wincho sky a shot over the bar, and then we were left with some chancer trying his luck, being onside and in for a pass/chance/shot. Or have me whinging to push up. Just pay attention a bit more if you're going to use that camera, or do what I do. And fucking sit there, and do nothing but watch your own player, strafing around, waiting to pounce. It's shit, but it BRINGS RESULTS.

:facepalm:

adolf-hitler_02.jpg

In other news, Jaffa cakes have been completely banned from Mitchell's house for being 'not technically' biscuits.

Back 4 - I always play with the player focussed camera, and I implore the rest of the back 4 to do so. Yeah, this means you won't get to see the game, and not see all of the sexy stuff the other fuckers are doing, but we're here to do a job. Not watch football! If you play with the moving camera, many times our left back, right back, RCB, were all standing still while you were watching Wincho sky a shot over the bar, and then we were left with some chancer trying his luck, being onside and in for a pass/chance/shot. Or have me whinging to push up. Just pay attention a bit more if you're going to use that camera, or do what I do. And fucking sit there, and do nothing but watch your own player, strafing around, waiting to pounce. It's shit, but it BRINGS RESULTS.

The immediate replacement for Donk :facepalm:

Apologies for my outburst during the celebration of the 3rd goal last night, I was all fine when the ball hit the back of the net but when I heard Wincho's voice during the celebration something inside me exploded, just pissed off after we played so well and then we get screwed over by something out of our control.

Good luck for the season ahead.

Apologies for my outburst during the celebration of the 3rd goal last night, I was all fine when the ball hit the back of the net but when I heard Wincho's voice during the celebration something inside me exploded, just pissed off after we played so well and then we get screwed over by something out of our control.

Good luck for the season ahead.

This is it though, I can understand your frustration but not all goals are stoppable and you need to stop blaming the game every time the opposition score. If a perfect striker shoots at a perfect goalkeeper does he score?

But where were the full backs?

Scratch was dropped at kick off, then we lost SiRead from RW at half time so the entire right side was at the mercy of AI, it became a thankless task controlliing RB, RW, LB, CAM.

You guys spotted that and took full advantage. Was gutting as to that point we had played really well for a game and a half.

Still, at least it keeps out feet on the ground for next week.

Scratch was dropped at kick off, then we lost SiRead from RW at half time so the entire right side was at the mercy of AI, it became a thankless task controlliing RB, RW, LB, CAM.

You guys spotted that and took full advantage. Was gutting as to that point we had played really well for a game and a half.

To be fair, we didn't spot it. We were TOLD about it during the whole "you're only winning because...." speech. It was the truly inspired part of the rant, not only did it sound childish and petty but it also revealed that you were fucked down the left wing :facepalm:

EDIT: @ Sith - it is frustrating when that sort of shit happens so apology accepted, don't want the above to sound too harsh!

I fear you may have missed the irony in Pants' post there.

On a related note, I think announcing the absence of said fullbacks with a megaphone during the goal celebrations may have been a tactical error on the Wanderers' part.

This is it though, I can understand your frustration but not all goals are stoppable and you need to stop blaming the game every time the opposition score. If a perfect striker shoots at a perfect goalkeeper does he score?

If I recall correctly 3 of you 4 second half goals we from the right side. There was no complaints about the slide rule pass for the 4th (I think it was) through the middle as that was just a brilliant spot. My lads though were frustrated that having played so well that our night would be ended in such a manner. It wasn't anything personal against any of you.

There was only one outburst of note from Sith which he has apologised for. Any other noise you would of heard from us when you scored was pure frustration at losing the game in the manner we did.

Don't take this as me saying you were unfair or anything. You found a channel that worked for you and exposed it. I maybe should of taken the decision as manager to change formation and make substitutions, but the game is buggy enough I don't expect the substitution bug to be have been fixed so decided to leave it. At the end of the day though it has given me something to think about and we are addressing what to do should the situation ever arise again. So maybe we should be thanking you for the right side raping :facepalm:

That's unfortunate. But we did only spot it when celebrating our second goal we heard someone angrily shout "Where were the fucking full backs?!?". :facepalm:

Hence us lot all shouting "But where were the full backs?!?" during the celebrations of our next three goals.

EDIT: Well that was a badly timed post. Not my fault though, where were the full backs?

I fear you may have missed the irony in Pants' post there.

On a related note, I think announcing the absence of said fullbacks with a megaphone during the goal celebrations may have been a tactical error on the Wanderers' part.

I think I also announced after what had happened to our full backs, unless it had cut off before hand.

As I said above, lesson learned so we should be thanking you.

The 1st half was tight as it could be, both handed shitty openers and some very even play. You deserved it in the end, but happy that we wasn't humiliated in our 1st two games.

I struggling to keep up with it all.

RPL Wanderers are the new ?? DVDF, Town, Rovers.

It's called post match dicussion Mike, it is a bit different from the usual name calling and bickering, so I understand the confusion. :facepalm::)

If I recall correctly 3 of you 4 second half goals we from the right side. There was no complaints about the slide rule pass for the 4th (I think it was) through the middle as that was just a brilliant spot. My lads though were frustrated that having played so well that our night would be ended in such a manner. It wasn't anything personal against any of you.

There was only one outburst of note from Sith which he has apologised for. Any other noise you would of heard from us when you scored was pure frustration at losing the game in the manner we did.

Don't take this as me saying you were unfair or anything. You found a channel that worked for you and exposed it. I maybe should of taken the decision as manager to change formation and make substitutions, but the game is buggy enough I don't expect the substitution bug to be have been fixed so decided to leave it. At the end of the day though it has given me something to think about and we are addressing what to do should the situation ever arise again. So maybe we should be thanking you for the right side raping :facepalm:

I appreciate the essay, but I was talking to sith ongoing from our 1v1 matches.

I appreciate the essay, but I was talking to sith ongoing from our 1v1 matches.

Essay? No wonder you failed English if you think that is an essay. :facepalm: (I kid, I kid)

Fair enough, I don't really keep up with you prima-donnas in the top leagues, so didn't know there was a history.

Essay? No wonder you failed English if you think that is an essay. :facepalm: (I kid, I kid)

Fair enough, I don't really keep up with you prima-donnas in the top leagues, so didn't know there was a history.

I rite gud english though etc. Yeah the sith thing is all in last season's Championship thread, makes good bathroom reading (if only for that line) if you like to print out threads or something.

In other news, Jaffa cakes have been completely banned from Mitchell's house for being 'not technically' biscuits.

Rumour has it that Mitchell eats the biscuit bit but throws away the icing on Midget Gems

If this is true he could partner up with my 3 year old son in a Midget Gem eating dream team

To be fair, we didn't spot it. We were TOLD about it during the whole "you're only winning because...." speech. It was the truly inspired part of the rant, not only did it sound childish and petty but it also revealed that you were fucked down the left wing :facepalm:

EDIT: @ Sith - it is frustrating when that sort of shit happens so apology accepted, don't want the above to sound too harsh!

No worries

You know im actually a nice person in the real world however this game transforms me in to a right twat at times.

I love and hate it in equal measure.

I was all fine when the ball hit the back of the net but when I heard Wincho's voice during the celebration something inside me exploded.........

Mistaken identity I think (It wouldn't be the first time would it Dewranger?) as I only said "Get in boys, get in" when we scored the 3rd. I think there are a few people who have my voice muddled up with someone elses in this team?

Don't get me wrong - I love the warm feeling you get when you know something you've said has got your opponent all riled up but on this occasion I'll have to allow someone else to take the glory here I think

I would officially like to see a written assessment of Mattie's performance from the management team. Please.

I'm sure he knows what he was doing right and wrong and he won't thank me for going on about it in here.

Mistaken identity I think (It wouldn't be the first time would it Dewranger?) as I only said "Get in boys, get in" when we scored the 3rd. I think there are a few people who have my voice muddled up with someone elses in this team?

Hold on, was this all about my "That's all you've got to do" comment after scoring? :facepalm:

That was just an ironic joke about what a shocking goal it was. Can't believe it could have been taken any other way.

I knew it was actually you who'd riled him rather than me but didn't want to grass you up so well done Mr Honourable. It was also you who fucked Dewranger off the last time it kicked off after a goal - he also landed the blame on my doorstep and needed putting right.

For the record everyone - I am (generally) the nice one, Milly is the complete cunt.

I knew it was actually you who'd riled him rather than me but didn't want to grass you up so well done Mr Honourable. It was also you who fucked Dewranger off the last time it kicked off after a goal - he also landed the blame on my doorstep and needed putting right.

For the record everyone - I am (generally) the nice one, Milly is the complete cunt.

I found you nothing but pleasant sir.

So that is what it was all about? Amazing. :facepalm:

That Dewranger thing was just a laugh: he robotted us when he scored, so I robotted him straight back. All good fun - just a shame he went on to score another seven goals or so, while my scoring ended there.

You're at least 342% more cunt than me.