IGNORED

RPL Rovers Dressing Room - Season 7

mackenie

Wtf is going on here! ;)

Let's not get into slagging each other off now the teams have changed, eh. All the ex-Rovers boys were class, as are the ones that stayed. Let's all be friends.. :)

Hey, it was your new boy taking a pot shot at my new team. I still love you :)

Hey, the boss has to play where he wants though, I'm sure he wouldn't sacrifice himself to go CB for ONE or TWO games and let those who've worked hard at the most boring, unappreciated position have a go.

The defence won City the title last season, it's far from an unappreciated position, it's by far the most important.

As I said in the City thread early on last season, it didn't matter who we played up front, anyone random player can score goals in BAP - it was the guys stopping them going in at the other end winning us the games.

Anyone else coming on for some games?

I just got back so I'm around if anyone's still up for some club games.

Good games chaps.

Although I like to see defenders confident on the ball, I think there needs to be a bit more of an eye on getting it away from our goal area sooner rather than later.

Eto'o eh? What a goal :eyebrows:

Perhaps I should have Mackenies place up front :)

The defence won City the title last season, it's far from an unappreciated position, it's by far the most important.

As I said in the City thread early on last season, it didn't matter who we played up front, anyone random player can score goals in BAP - it was the guys stopping them going in at the other end winning us the games.

This.

It's far easier to score a goal than defend a goal in BAP. I'm not suggesting there aren't people who are obviously better at it than others (Tyler, Baring et al) but on the whole the most valuable players these days are the few that can defend. I think the auction showed this (17.5M for Pilot).

Defenders are definately the most in demand players.

I think Pilot went for a lot of money due to the large influx of unknown players. He was pretty much the only recognised defender left when the auction got to that stage, and all the managers were getting a bit panicked.

The auction has calmed down a bit from the early days, but there are still the odd bout of 'eBay bidder fever' now and then to keep the crowd entertained :eyebrows:

as someone thats always had 4 set defenders it was definatly the back 4/5 that put rovers where they are today, and i always let them know that in the games. i dont take much credit when we win or i score i just enjoy it, and god knows where i'll be playing when i'm not managing :eyebrows: