Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon: July 1st 2011

Goose

Here we go then - official estimates from Comingsoon.net

So, going by those figures, the studio heads will be thinking that Transformers 2 is the best of the 3 and will encourage more films in that vein.

So, going by those figures, the studio heads will be thinking that Transformers 2 is the best of the 3 and will encourage more films in that vein.

I think it's more a case of what Eighthours I think it was, said in the Box Office thread - that viewers enjoyed the first, rushed out to see the second but then got burnt by it and they're less willing to take a chance on the third. 3D tickets are costly but then again so many reviews (even the hated it ones) point out how good the 3D is that perhaps some of the screenings have sold out? There's also the fact that we're heading into July 4th weekend and people will be travelling to see family, but with the holiday coming there'll be plenty of time to see the film.

And all that said, it's only the first day numbers :D

Saw this tonight and actually thought it was fine up until a certain point. From then on it made very little sense. Yes, it's not supposed to be intellectually stimulating but I came out of the cinema feeling like this movie ended up as a narrative mess. It's also borderline retarded on a few occasions.

The 3D is strangely non existent throughout 75% of the movie. A technology showcase like Avatar this ain't.

The 3D at the very start is impressive, and the skydive sequence is ace, but still the same old bollocks for most of the film.

And I know it's pointless to whinge about the product placement in a film that's stuffed with car ads anyway, but the whole Merc ad where he looks it up online with a big price tag on the screen, Jesus

The Autobots aren't kind, frightened, funny, personable, desperate... in fact, they aren't any of the things they were in the cartoon or the comic as they are given no personality. They're meant to be regular 'people' forced to fight for an ideology; not violent soldiers. In the film they are just faceless and vicious.

I couldn't agree with that more, that's one of the worst things about Bay's films. Prime in particular comes off as a bit of a prick.

From what I can tell EVERYTHING was caused by the Transformers in the Bay-verse.

Pyramids... Transformers

Moon Landing... Transformers

Hoover Dam... Transformers

Fall of the Berlin Wall... Transformers

Death of Princess Di... Transformers

Cancellation of Firefly... Transformers

Andy Murray losing... Transformers

Idw-autobot_poster.jpg

Fucking YES!And do you know what else is missing?

Them arriving millions of years ago and crash landing in a massive fuckiing spaceship into a mountain in Wyomming and using it as their base.. and I don't know how many times I have to say this.. FUCKING DINOBOTS.. seriously, where the fuck are they.

And please stop having all these fights where they do all this stupid fucking spinny kung fu type shit

Essentially, Bay has removed everything cool and good abotu the seriese and turned it into a pile of dull, colourless wank.

Funnily enough I just watched the start of the second film on Sky to see if it was as bad as I remember, the first action scene ends with a severely injured Deception lying on the floor at which point Optimus Prime makes a quip and shoots him point blank in the head

Funnily enough I just watched the start of the second film on Sky to see if it was as bad as I remember, the first action scene ends with a severely injured Deception lying on the floor at which point Optimus Prime makes a quip and shoots him point blank in the head

Yeah he's a complete cunt in the latest one.

$95M since Tuesday night. Lower than Fallen in the same time frame ($127M) but still very solid.

Id only say ROTF only earned more cause the 1st Transformers was so successful. I guess people got put off with the 3rd cause of how shit the 2nd was.

Was thinking about taking the girlfriend to see this as we enjoy shitty action movies from time to time but just found out there is a scene saying some robots caused Chernobyl!??! Seriously, that's fucked up.

My other half is Ukranian so thank fuck we never went to see this.

I can't believe how bad this was. I thought the problem would be no plot. Instead there are about six plots, none of which were unrelated to each other. It was so long I forgot things that happened at the start. Like the existence of John Malcovich. Maybe its actually meant to some avant-garde masterpiece.

The use of Spock's "needs of the many line" made me cringe so bad I nearly ate my own fist. I'm sorry I spent money on this. They'll make more. All of you, I'm so sorry.

Was thinking about taking the girlfriend to see this as we enjoy shitty action movies from time to time but just found out there is a scene saying some robots caused Chernobyl!??! Seriously, that's fucked up.

My other half is Ukranian so thank fuck we never went to see this.

That's not quite right - in the film humans caused Chernobyl, by trying to build a reactor based around Transformers technology scrounged from the moon by the Russians.

The Transformers films are the worst franchise ones ive ever seen as an Adult.

I cannot bare to sit through the ridiculous storyline.

But as a 12 year old kid? Yeah probably pretty amazing films!

Even if some of the humour is aimed at the parents.

Is this the problem with all three?

I was dragged off to see this yesterday. I'd previously only seen (and hated) the first one so I wasn't expecting to get much out of it. Instead I found myself actually really enjoying it. It's got some clunkers (Old transformers, a fat scottish transformer) but it was chock full of humour, Sam was funny rather than annoying. It had some excellent cameos (Jeff from Chuck, the extra who's in everything and a fantastic extended sequence with Senor Chang from Community).

Oh and Optimus Prime is an utter bastard

Letting Chicago get twatted to score political points

Michael Bay appears to have also figured out what slow motion is meaning the fight scenes actually started to be watchable.

So yeah. Thumbs up from me.