rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
SaintM

rllmuk FC

So me @smithstock & @KriessG had a few games last night.

And whilst we won very few whilst we were trying to find our legs I don't think I really felt frustrated like usual. You know where you get crappy decisions go against you or flukey balls going right back to the opposition for them to continue on goal.

It's been my most extended spell and it's obviously better with people you know but thoughts based solely on the clubs aspect -

. Keepers still have issues with parrying the ball away something @Pants McSkill mentioned, I did see it clearer last night but because no one else can shoot it didn't cost us too much.

. You have to play 'football' rather than just lumping the ball long for someone to run on the end of it

. It's tougher to score at the moment, I think aside from I think 2 or 3 games none really went above 3 goals

. Aside from 1 team no one stood out playing against us. It generally felt like 2 average teams (which when you start clubs with your pros not ranked up is what it should feel like really).

. You can't 'solo' this one at all, there's no taking on a whole team on your own and scoring at the end of it. If you don't play as a team you'll struggle. In fact even playing drop in games the other day players were passing the ball about and generally the only times it went downhill were when the odd person hadn't caught onto the fact you couldn't sprint the whole pitch.

. You may have to sacrifice points in some areas of your game to get points in others.

. Don't waste your time trying to header the ball, it appears broken. The ball didn't really go where you would expect it to and doing a quick google afterwards other people were complaining so i'm expecting this to change.

. Playing as any felt, well crap. I only played the one after smith took it for most of the evening. Whilst we won I had some issues -

1) The camera had a delay, it didn't seem to keep up with the ball particularly well (I don't think it was my connection but I did have issues earlier in the night so maybe it was me?)

2) It's much more difficult to play the ball up field from the keeper, you only have one camera option behind the keeper and it's not obvious where he will kick it i.e. he doesn't move around the ball or anything.

Finally, it's started well and I feel i'm going to enjoy this year. Let's hope they don't drop some updates that ruin it for us ^_^

@Pants McSkill Latest thoughts on icon swap? Either Keane or Butra for me. I can't get excited about a centre back, so I'm not going for Rio. I absolutely love Vidal and Keane looks like suped up version of him, whereas Butra fits the meta. Tough.

The new tokens are released tomorrow evening.