IGNORED

Parks and Recreation

roskelld

Watched the finale last night and thought it was a really fitting way to properly end it.

That health band on Lowe's wrist :lol:

Sad it's ended, there's nothing else out there at the moment that I've got into the same way, lot of new comedy seems to be trying a bit too hard (Black-ish, Fresh off the boat, etc). The Goldbergs probably comes closest, although not for the characters and more for reliving the 80s as a kid.

Having read a few other reactions online there were so many things I failed to catch.

-Andy forgets Chris' name, the guy whose whole thing is remembering people's names! I felt pretty stupid after not getting that first time through.

-The guy who wants the swing fixed is the drunk in the slide from the pilot.
-In the flashforward on the plane the champagne that's served is branded Jean Ralphio.

Also:

KNR9rmk.png

:lol:

LOOOOL @ Garry and April in that clip.

I just finished watching it. I think it might just be my favourite sitcom of all time. I've been watching it since the first episode week by week, and it's only grown in stature really. The odd dip here and there, but overally just a joyous, wonderful show full where even side characters are memorable and funny.

I think Andy got most of the laughs in this episode, but I probably laughed most at Tom's laugh when Garry said he's his best friend. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The UK broadcast rights to season 4 onwards have switched from the BBC to Dave.

They've started showing season 4 on Mondays. Here are their on-demand streaming versions of the first two episode:

http://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/parks-and-recreation/watch-online/?video=4363484643001

http://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/parks-and-recreation/watch-online/?video=4363339971001

Sad it's ended, there's nothing else out there at the moment that I've got into the same way, lot of new comedy seems to be trying a bit too hard (Black-ish, Fresh off the boat, etc).

Have you watched It's Always Sunny in Phildapelphia? I find that's really scratching the same comedy itch as Parks and Rec.

I love when the general public get involved on this, they're so stupid, its hilarious.

"I found an old sandwich in one of your parks, and what I want to know is why it didn't have mayonnaise on it"

"TURTLE FLU"

Also Ron is the best.

Have you watched It's Always Sunny in Phildapelphia? I find that's really scratching the same comedy itch as Parks and Rec.

Really? I love Always Sunny but it's very different from P&R. I'd say Brooklyn Nine Nine is a far better comparison.

• 3 months later...

So I'm 2 episodes into season 7 ans not feeling it at all. I don't like the direction they've gone with things but I understand sometimes they need to shake things up. I feel like the end of season 6 was perfect and they could have left it there.

I always find it really annoying when shows do that 1 last series too many with a massive change in dynamic because it eventually ends up falling flat.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been ages since I watched Parks & Rec and I fancy a mini-marathon - when does it get into its really incredible stride, season 3/4?

Also - all it took to make me want to watch loads of it was my mate texting me "treat yo self"