IGNORED

Parks and Recreation

roskelld

So the 3rd season is officially over. Seriously, name another comedy in the past 10 years that has had two consistently fantastic seasons in a row. Unbelievable (but still not as unbelievable as the amount of people fawning over Community whilst P&R absolutely destroys it every single week).

RIP Li'L Sebastien

So the 3rd season is officially over. Seriously, name another comedy in the past 10 years that has had two consistently fantastic seasons in a row. Unbelievable (but still not as unbelievable as the amount of people fawning over Community whilst P&R absolutely destroys it every single week).

RIP Li'L Sebastien

I like Community also but Parks and Rec is easily better for me. And with that finale goodness knows what we've got in store next season, everybody seems to have a new role. Ron's new desk was brilliant.

Seriously, name another comedy in the past 10 years that has had two consistently fantastic seasons in a row.

Arrested Development. But this is easily the best thing since that got cancelled.

Great ending overall, with Ron's new desk, 'cubed butt' and the Entertainment 7Twenty promo being the highlights. Sad to see it off the air now but at least we won't have to wait until January this time.

I love this programme and it's easily the best sitcom running at the moment, but I can't help feeling that Leslie Knope would be a bit better - and the programme would be funnier and a bit more endearing - if she was played really, really selflessly nice. Amy Poehler plays her with just a little bit of....sort of deviousness, I think?

It just seems like it's written for her to be relentlessly nice. I don't know if any of that makes sense, and I still love it. So this is a pretty pointless post, really.

RIP Li'L Sebastien

Hey, that's not really fair. Parks is a obviously more consistent than Community, but they're both excellent in their own way.

This season was incredible. The second had some episodes I wasn't not, but this was incredible all the way through.

Tom was a highlight, as always. Rob Lowe killed it - a perfect addition to the cast. Jean-Ralphio just slays me every single time he speaks. Some clips:

"I call sandwiches 'sammies', 'sandoozles' or 'Adam Sandlers'."

"You call it 'Entertainment 7Twenty'."

"Oooohhhhhhhhhh! Why, WHY?"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this programme and it's easily the best sitcom running at the moment, but I can't help feeling that Leslie Knope would be a bit better - and the programme would be funnier and a bit more endearing - if she was played really, really selflessly nice. Amy Poehler plays her with just a little bit of....sort of deviousness, I think?

It just seems like it's written for her to be relentlessly nice. I don't know if any of that makes sense, and I still love it. So this is a pretty pointless post, really.

I agree entirely. She's just not a 100% consistent character which is slightly annoying. She does things that she wouldn't do and things like that can completely ruin absolutely everything. It doesn't in this case but it is a bit annoying. And Ann Perkins being shoehorned in is also annoying. Apart from that after a pretty standard first season it got really good.

• 1 month later...