IGNORED

Parks and Recreation

roskelld

It's awesome, but there's a strict system to adhere to: Start at Season 2, watch through to the end of Season 4, and then only watch Season 1 when you're bored and missing the characters.

It's a weak season, and the tone of the show hasn't found it's stride, but Season 1 becomes a lot more watchable when later episodes have attached you to the characters.

Agree. Start with the first season, you won't indear the charachters to your heart as much without it tbh. I to tried playing the second season to my sister straight off the bat because it seamed starting with funnier would be better - and she didn't really get it/disinterested. Came back to it after watching the first seasons episodes and now it's one of her fav shows ever.

The show isn't Arrested Development - callback jokes are more related to character development than individual incidents, and the characters' presentations change dramatically (for the better) from Season 2 onward.

Honestly, some of the characters are so annoying, particularly Leslie, and the format's so staid by comparison, that I wouldn't be surprised if you quit before the end of Season 1.

But, if you've got time, and know in advance that it gets better, then there's no real harm in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I only started this recently, I'm up to the end of S2 but I watched it again straight away because it was so great. S3 is waiting! I was a bit apprehensive because of another forum recommendation, Community - (which I thought was really no great shakes bar the paintball episodes) but considering how much I love The Office it would have been rude not to give it a shot. Love it.

All of the cast are amazing in their own way but there's something about Tom's voice which just cracks me up. From the photo shoot episode:

'Ann and Mark. Anndanowicz. Merkins. [pause] ...Anndanowicz.'

Its odd but seeing all this Sopa / Pipa chat going on all over the place, I as someone living in the Uk, I would know next to nothing about Parks and Rec (or Community for that matter) if I wasnt able to download and see if I liked them in the first place. Sure the dvds for previous seasons are available now (Region 1 still for Parks and season 2 of Community) but who would pay 20 quid based on word of mouth alone on their quality? They are possibly my favourite ever shows and I want them drip fed into my brain from now until forever yet theres no buisness model set up for folks like me. Much like the guys in the US who were denied all access to the second season of Sherlock, its a godsend that theres a way of getting around such a arbitrary barrier.

So far ive bought both season 1 and 2 dvds of Community, im off to see Donald Glover play live with his new album this month in London (again from watching him in Community which I downloaded, and also listening to his music on youtube) and that book about Parks&Rec, Pawnee The greatest town in america arrived last week and its freakin hilarious!

The Glitter factory: Smiles upon request, dirt cheap. Scary bouncer is on YOUR side!

:lol:

Get it watched, Systemic, and love it as much as we do! :D

• 2 weeks later...