IGNORED

The Ryman League - Official Dressing Room

SaintM

Shared the spoils in 2 good matches

Peteruk (Team America?) 3 - 1 (FC Koln) Gus Goats

I did the majority of the pressing this game and it was one of those "WTF" ones. Pete seemed to score with every chance he got and raced into a 3-0 lead by half time when most of the "oh fuck you missed a great chance" action went on in his half of the field. A couple of his finishes were top drawer, one long ranger and another curled finesse effort from a good 25 yards sealing the result early doors. Second half my constant pumelling away at least denied him a clean sheet with the Big Galoot bursting through 1 on 1 and cooly lobbing the keeper who was caught in 2 minds.

Gus's Goats 3 - 0 Peter UK

Just pounded Peters goal in this one, it was 18 shots to 1 in the stats at the end. I should have taken more chances but points shared is a fair result. A couple of the goals were scorchers. one cut into the box and clean dispatch by Podolski was a sight to behold. Went in like a bullet. Pete went down to 10 men after a rash challenge on a man breaking through but actually held out better a man down in the second half.

Good games mate, no comms though, it's fun hearing me swear when I miss. :)

Yeah nice one, sorry I missed your earlier invite but I was putting the little one to sleep (hence no mic later too).

I swear this game has an autoadjuster as every time I'm playing league games it seems like everything goes for me in one game and everything against me the next!

• 2 weeks later...

Racing de Santander (PrimeAran) 2 - 1 PSG (Scooot77)

A really close game, just like our matches in the cups had been. Only when I got the second goal to go 2-0 up did things begin to look comfortable, unfortunately Scooot then instantly got one back to make the last ten minutes 'interesting' to say the least. Luckily I managed to hang on and get the three points.

PSG (Scooot77) 0 - 2 Racing de Santander (PrimeAran)

Scooot deserved to score at least three here, but the curse of PSG struck again as his forwards repeatedly fluffed their lines. I'm blessed with a reasonably competent attacking force though and sneaked two barely deserved goals. A combination of my keeper and PSG's dismal strikers then kept the French side at bay. Special mention must go to an amazing PSG counter attack, genuinely one of the best moves I've ever seen on FIFA, that ended with whoever was the donkey up front missing from six yards.

CTFG Scooot, I've really enjoyed our four or five games this season. All have been really close, in fact with a team other than PSG I think you would have racked up a few more wins. Good luck in the playoffs and hopefully you'll get a better team next season!

Racing de Santander (PrimeAran) 3 - 1 Lille (Dimahoo)

I actually played Dimahoo before Scooot, and having had a long FIFA layoff what with red rings and Christmas I was not particularly confident of a good performance. In the end though it was reasonably comfortable, although at one point Dimahoo scored a good goal to make it 2-1 and things got interesting. But I grabbed a third to ensure the three points.

Lille (Dimahoo) 0 - 5 Racing de Santander (PrimeAran)

I remember this as being pretty even for most of the first half. Then I got the first goal and in true FIFA style everything started going my way. Considering the chances Dimahoo had, and the nature of some of my goals, 5-0 is harsh.

Thanks for the games Dimahoo, the scorelines, especially that second one are pretty flattering. Good luck next season! I think these results mean I only need a point from my last four games to win the title. Better not bottle it now.

Big results! Looks like it's the lad PrimeAran's season. :(

Yep. Looks like PrimeAran and ryanski for the automatic slots.

The fight for the playoff places looks interesting, though. Could be any four from six, with only the bottom two completely out of the race.

Some big, big games in that final week that will see some hearts broken and dreams shattered, I suspect. :D

Rangers (Ryanski) 0 - 3 Racing de Santander (PrimeAran)

A dull first half of few chances ended with me grabbing the lead right on half-time. Ryanski then made a blistering start to the second half and had a number of fantastic chances. Unfortunately for Rangers none went in and Santander grabbed another two, one of which came courtesy of the ref blocking a Rangers pass.

Racing de Santander (PrimeAran) 2 - 2 Rangers (Ryanski)

Rangers were two up within the first fifteen minutes, one a tasty free kick. I managed to claw it back to level terms by half-time though, and the second half was a close and evenly matched affair and a draw seemed a fair result.

Thanks for the games Ryanski, hope that point will be enough to get you automatic promotion! These results have been enough to get me the title, wooh. Cheers everyone for the games, all have been really enjoyable to play and good luck everyone going for the playoffs!

Goats throw away playoff chance. Aran in his Prime

Gus's Goats (FC Koln) 1 - 2 Primearan (Racing Santander)

If... But... What?? :( This game had controversy and ended in abject horror for the Goats. Amazing scenes. Felt a bit like watching your Dad raping your sister, but with a football video game. Ref had a shocker. This sums it up best.

Primearan 1 - 0 Gus's Goats

This game was more "standard". A midfield battle with some defensive horrors thrown in. You could chuck in the cliched "both teams could have won it" comment but it was a case of he who scored first from the minimal goal chances taking the game. Primearan bossed the second half so deserved to take this one.

Good games, exciting to watch anyway but, oh, that first one. :( My heart wasn't in the second game really. I was crushed. I never really expected anything from these games and very well played and nice chatting. You took the edge off the horrors on screen by being funny about it. Well played. :(

As Gus has suggested, I should never have even come close to finishing that first game with 11 men and three points. I probably had two, maybe three at best, shots in the whole match, meanwhile at the other end when Koln weren't creating gilt-edged chances they were being scythed down by my last man GK (with not even a hint of a card) or hitting the woodwork. Meanwhile, the ref occaisonly took time out from his busy schedule of not red carding professional fouls to penalise Koln for nothing incidents. I've had many a undeserved win this season, but nowt like this.

Second game wasn't so one-sided/riddled with terrible refereeing decisions, but I still didn't deserve anymore than a point. Thanks for the games Gus, again I can only apologise for being such a jammy bastard. You took the succession of disasters in good humour, and even though you should be at least four points closer to it, hopefully you can still grab a playoff place. Good luck next season, might even see you then!

I am proper scared to play my remainign fixtures. All to play for in the obtaining those vital playoff places.

Is it teams 3-6 inclusive in the playoffs?

Congrats on sealing the league so early prime - quality.

technically 2nd place is still up for grabs but my feeling is playoffs is the best I can hope for. Unless deals can be made with Witty and Pete - guys are you listening ;-)

I am proper scared to play my remainign fixtures.

Yeah. I noticed. :)

technically 2nd place is still up for grabs but my feeling is playoffs is the best I can hope for. Unless deals can be made with Witty and Pete - guys are you listening ;-)

3 teams mathematically in with a chance of catching ryanski. Anything can happen in football!

Personally, I'll be happy with sneaking into the playoffs. Two tough pairs of fixtures to negotiate - I reckon I need at least one win and a couple of draws to be safe(ish), which sounds like a tall order.

Funtime Dave Snapping at the Heels of Ryanski

The final few games have seen Funtime Dave find his scoring boots. A double victory over the battling Something Witty sees him move into 3rd position, with two games in hand against Ryanski and three points required to overtake the early season pace setter. The final two crunch games are against PeterUK who himself could come in from the cold and snatch the runner's up spot.

Results

Something Witty 1 - 4 Funtime Dave

Funtime Dave 3 - 0 Something Witty

Funtime Dave Snapping at the Heels of Ryanski

The final few games have seen Funtime Dave find his scoring boots. A double victory over the battling Something Witty sees him move into 3rd position, with two games in hand against Ryanski and three points required to overtake the early season pace setter. The final two crunch games are against PeterUK who himself could come in from the cold and snatch the runner's up spot.

Results

Something Witty 1 - 4 Funtime Dave

Funtime Dave 3 - 0 Something Witty

Well played, mate. Thoroughly outplayed me in both matches, and you're looking good now for maybe snatching that second automatic spot.

I was a bit gutted in the second match where it was quite even throughout the first half and then I conceded an own goal followed by a suicidal second in injury time, making the second half an impossible mountain to climb. No complaints, though. If I'd got a point out of either of those games I'd have been lucky.