Borderlands (360)

Mortis

I've Pm'd all interested :(

Final question, shall discuss here: Character classes!

Does anyone have any sort they'd like to try out/be? I've been doing Soldier so I'd prefer to do another type. At the same time if we have 2/3 of the same type it won't matter - it would just be cool to see the character classes working together. Hunting pinning people down, Beserker charging in, Soldier mopping up behind, erm the other lass being sneaky?! :o Etc

Let me know, then we can arrange it to be as much cross class if possible - yet as stated if we all do want the same class what the hell! :facepalm:

I don't particularly wanna do soldier - didn't enjoy the early levels of that. Beserker is always my favourite as Fazz will tell you but as is the rllmuk way I am really free an easy.

If you three end up choosing three different characters then I will feel obliged to choose the fourth but yeah easy with whatever.

Also I am hoping no one is a loot grabbing gun nut but we play for the team. Played once with a chap who stole every gun, thought he was being generous leaving the shit ones and then would run off to the next mission wondering why we were calling him a c*nt. Happy days ;-)

SaintM: there may be days when people can't make it so we should invite SaintM as first reserve.

Four player Boderlands - this could be epic !

RE: Guns. Yeah we'll pick over them and see who wants want. I trust the mukkers which is why we're setting this up.

I'm not bothered about Character class I'll go anything - you guys pick first :facepalm:

RE: DLC. I've not played the Moxxi Underdome thing, I just used the bank - I did the first Zombie mission though, seems suitable zombi-ish and moan worthy.

We do not need to DLC To play, and both offer different things. If you get it, cool; as I've barely touched it so far. If not then it's a good chance to go through it :o

Excellent! Right then, I agree with everyone doing the first bit of going into town by themselves then saving the game when you get to the Doc.

I haven't got the Zombie Island download (nor the new one) but will get it if everyone really wants to, however I'd suggest leaving it for now and if some point in the future we fancy something different we can do it then.

As for character classes, it would be great if we were each something different. I've been a soldier and a Berserker so far so wouldn't mind trying out the Hunter or Siren but not fussed which. As a starter for ten how about:

MrMonkey = Soldier

FuntimeDave = Berserker

Disciple = Hunter

Fazz = Siren (I've heard that being the Siren isn't that good, especially in the early stages, so I'd kinda like to see if they're wrong about it. However if anyone wants to play the more stealthy-type then I've wanted to try the Hunter out just as much).

What do people think?

Meeting up at 8pm sound good to me tonight.

Oh and my GamerTag is Karzee, not Fazz.

Looking forward to this. Three-player co-op can get pretty hectic so four-player should be full on!!

Excellent! Right then, I agree with everyone doing the first bit of going into town by themselves then saving the game when you get to the Doc.

I haven't got the Zombie Island download (nor the new one) but will get it if everyone really wants to, however I'd suggest leaving it for now and if some point in the future we fancy something different we can do it then.

As for character classes, it would be great if we were each something different. I've been a soldier and a Berserker so far so wouldn't mind trying out the Hunter or Siren but not fussed which. As a starter for ten how about:

MrMonkey = Soldier

FuntimeDave = Berserker

Disciple = Hunter

Fazz = Siren (I've heard that being the Siren isn't that good, especially in the early stages, so I'd kinda like to see if they're wrong about it. However if anyone wants to play the more stealthy-type then I've wanted to try the Hunter out just as much).

What do people think?

Meeting up at 8pm sound good to me tonight.

Oh and my GamerTag is Karzee, not Fazz.

Looking forward to this. Three-player co-op can get pretty hectic so four-player should be full on!!

Ha ha - you know I love the maniac laugh of the beserker and the fact I can melt people's faces with my fists of Doom ;-) However I am prepared to share the enjoyment and let someone else have the fun.

Siren is actually a good class later when you can set enemies on fire with the merest touch and also quite satisfying when you exit the phasewalk ability. Hunter I am not too au fait with, I didn't like it at first but not given him a fair run through.

Soldier it just annoys me that the enemies run past your gun half the time and yes you could be careful with placement, organising that over 4 of us will be a nightmare though.

Okay, is the expectation that we will be ready to play from the where the doc is at 8pm or for us to do this bit at 8 and join up after done. Not that I am a pedant or antything.

Finaly why are we doing this (meeting at the doc) is it cause the intro is unavoidable and so boring, confused.

The wife has given me permission to play so all good.

I loved playing as the Solider because the turret is a real life saver. The problem is it takes a few seconds for the turret to be set up and target the first enemy, so the enemy has often gone behind the turret where you are. The best tactic is to either drop the turret further away (giving it time to lock on) or drop it then go in front of the turret, ensuring the enemies stay in front. Once the turret starts firing the enemy will stop attacking you and go for the turret.

As for tonight, play from where the Doc is from 8pm. My take on it is there's hardly anything to do in the intro.....loads of talking, character setting up, pop up screens, and a very linear path to follow.

Ask your wife if you can start at 7:45pm :facepalm:

I loved playing as the Solider because the turret is a real life saver. The problem is it takes a few seconds for the turret to be set up and target the first enemy, so the enemy has often gone behind the turret where you are. The best tactic is to either drop the turret further away (giving it time to lock on) or drop it then go in front of the turret, ensuring the enemies stay in front. Once the turret starts firing the enemy will stop attacking you and go for the turret.

I enjoyed the Soldier - the turret is great as when you stack heals on it, it becomes useful when you're in a spot. Combine this with certain upgrades and you get a faster recharge.

I was going to ask if I could go Hunter actually, so that suits me fine. Are we all cool with choices then?

I've added you guys to XBL except Funtimedave, whats your gamertag?

Looking forward to it! :facepalm:

*edit - just setting up a character now and you can't skip intros, so might be worth starting a bit early. To be honest all we really need is the host to do the first bit, although if we can all do it, it will be advantageous as you will probably level?*

Right! I've gone through the first bit, and set up my Hunter. You'll get to level 2.

In case I host I've got the gate unlocked and skag mission is active.

If possible stick to forum names for your character, that's what I've done :(

I've accepted your friend request. FuntimeDave's gamerID is Funtime Dave. If it still doesn't work you can find him under my Friend's list.

I'll host if you like. I'll do the first bit then send out an invite at 8pm.

5 mins behind schedule :-(. The wife is a bitch ;-)

That was awesome stuff thanks guys. Sorry we had to run off, FIFA calls! I could quite happily play Borderlands all night though...

I'm around for some online shenanigans tomorrow, however FuntimeDave mentioned he's booked to do Modern Warfare. I don't know what time that will be or for how long but I'd be up for Borderlands when that finishes.

A great time tonight. I can't believe how tough those Skags were and how many times we died but it makes me think some of the later enemies are going to be tough. Skagzilla for instance :bye:

A great time tonight. I can't believe how tough those Skags were and how many times we died but it makes me think some of the later enemies are going to be tough. Skagzilla for instance :bye:

I guess it depends if we level above the beast before engaging or not...

I'm in for more of the same. Twas great fun, even if at times I must have looked suicidal jumping into skag dens.

It was refreshing not to have to run for the crates for a change, as everyone shared the loot responsibly and left the medkits for those who needed them most.

Set a time and I'll be there, after 8ish preferably.

I'm in for more of the same. Twas great fun, even if at times I must have looked suicidal jumping into skag dens.

It was refreshing not to have to run for the crates for a change, as everyone shared the loot responsibly and left the medkits for those who needed them most.

Set a time and I'll be there, after 8ish preferably.

Okay - agreed last night was good fun.

If everyone is available tonight then I will not be the fun sponge and will play this instead of getting my arse handed to me in MW2.

8pm start and finish when the sun comes up?

just everyone knows though Bayonetta and Darkriders is out today and I am proper tempted by those two. Arrrggghhh too many games - not enough time.

I'd be on for tonight! Can we all make it? :facepalm:

Also does anyone want a weapon from my other game? I don't see it as especially cheaty, because it's damn hard! Also there should be a shared stash, like Torchlight :D

tek200.jpg

boneshredder.jpg

glorious1i.jpg

glorious2.jpg

I'm happy with the weapons I currently have, many thanks. I enjoy the "I'll take the mystery box" attitude which develops, rather than equipping oneslf in a Terminator-esque fashion. The constant decisions about whether to take a gun with a better damage level, or a weak weapon which can torch your foes.

Cool :) - thought the Siren might like the Thumper though.

I got my first Gold item yesterday in singleplayer! Not a weapon though, boo...

Jeez, a Level 7 lightening x3 SMG!!! The Siren would DEFINITELY like the Thumper but I'll hold off having it. There's supposed to be a "bazillion" guns out there so I'm sure I'll have one soon enough. Half the fun is finding them.

I'll be on at 8pm and send out the invites.

I'm around for some online shenanigans tomorrow, however FuntimeDave mentioned he's booked to do Modern Warfare. I don't know what time that will be or for how long but I'd be up for Borderlands when that finishes.

Ooh.. :)

If everyone is available tonight then I will not be the fun sponge and will play this instead of getting my arse handed to me in MW2.

8pm start and finish when the sun comes up?

Ahh. :omg:

Jeez, a Level 7 lightening x3 SMG!!! The Siren would DEFINITELY like the Thumper but I'll hold off having it. There's supposed to be a "bazillion" guns out there so I'm sure I'll have one soon enough. Half the fun is finding them.

I'll be on at 8pm and send out the invites.

Fair enough that's what I put it top, I thought you might want it... :)

Great stuff tonight guys - dying over and over to cars was a bit of a bummer thou ^_^

After we finished I went onto my game (Where I swear I had/have better weapons) and then found a chest...and got stuck in scenery. So had to quite/save/reload.

The chest was there to be opened again though, good stuff! And what did I find...

rebel57gold.jpg

Not bad...

Then I get back to new haven and in the machine...

tormet93blue.jpg

I want you to appreciate something about that for a moment. You may cite the accuracy, which ain't bad...now look at the fire rate. It's higher than SMGs.

With my Soldier increased ammo clip size, this holds 28 bullets and auto fires through them at ridiculous speed. With 93 damage per hit. And a 4.1 weapon zoom. Ridiculous!

I really enjoyed last night's session; we didn't see sun up but six hours of playing wasn't bad.

That pistol is obscene!! I'd like to see that in action. So that figure saying "+110% Damage", is that included in the 93 Damage or on top of it?

I haven't found anything very special so far ^_^

I really enjoyed last night's session; we didn't see sun up but six hours of playing wasn't bad.

That pistol is obscene!! I'd like to see that in action. So that figure saying "+110% Damage", is that included in the 93 Damage or on top of it?

I haven't found anything very special so far ^_^

I dunno it just eats things up though. It's ridiculous.

Funny how that's a blue and yet the one above it (the gold) was a drop. Having said that that first one is excellent too - it fires quickly still.

I can bring the Torment into the game at some point if you want to have a go :)

Not about tonight, should be up for some Sunday. Anyone game?