IGNORED

Mad Max - Fury Road

Goose

Mad Max 1 seems so different to the trailer for this! I can't wait to watch Mad Max 2 tonight to see how the world changes to get to where it is now.

From what little I know, Road Warrior is basically the archetype for the post-apocolyptia that still resonates today.

Right fuck it, I'm off to see it again this afternoon. First time I've gone to see a film twice at the cinema in many a year. My wife thinks I'm sad.

Your not alone, so would mine. But she'll watch Bridget Jones on itv2, with adverts (even though she owns the DVD and has watched it once!) on a loop!

By the way, PS4 owners, there is a Mad Max dynamic theme that is FREE to download. (I don't think its exclusive to PS+ subs)

Right fuck it, I'm off to see it again this afternoon. First time I've gone to see a film twice at the cinema in many a year. My wife thinks I'm sad.

I know that feeling, I'm feeling caught up in the hype of the film and feel the utter need to watch it... but I saw it last Thursday!

Your not alone, so would mine. But she'll watch Bridget Jones on itv2, with adverts (even though she owns the DVD and has watched it once!) on a loop!

By the way, PS4 owners, there is a Mad Max dynamic theme that is FREE to download. (I don't think its exclusive to PS+ subs)

My wife would watch some crap on ITV2 in SD with adverts even though we own it on blu ray and say "I can't see the difference". I give up.

I know that feeling, I'm feeling caught up in the hype of the film and feel the utter need to watch it... but I saw it last Thursday!

Do it, you know it makes sense.

Watched this again today. It's so good. Came away loving the NUX character so much more this time.

Also, this is an interesting little video.

200 shots in 2 minutes. Goes to show that "fast editing" isnt the problem when it comes to modern film making.

SHIT FILM MAKING is the problem.

Currently half way through re-watching Mad Max 2 and it's absolutely fucken brilliant! The individual characters, the completely bat shit crazy bad guys that need no explanation and for its time some truly incredible action. What a film!!

Geared up for my Fury Road viewing on Saturday. Buzzing!!

I almost booked for a second time today! Then remembered about some work commitments boo.

Now watching MM1 for the first time. It's interesting to see the start of it all. Not sure how good I think it is though lol.

It knocked Pitch Perfect 2 out of the number one spot on Monday, which given the difference in their weekend takings, is a good sign that the film will have legs and that word of mouth is spreading. Yes, one could argue that PP2 is more a weekend-people get together film, but still, it takes some doing for an R-rated movie to knock off the weekend winner just a day later.

Be interested in this weekend's figures.

(I'm out the game, I'm out the game)

Just got back from watching it. Place was packed.

was the typical cinema, people on their phones at the start, muttering etc. When the flare scene faded out and it was the first time the film went quiet after the action scenes, the cinema was deathly silent. That's when I knew it had clicked.

Some of the shots shouldn't work, and with poor directed would have just looked shonky. The shots where it zooms in on the face of a driver, almost like a 60's batman twirly effect. Here though, it just suited it.

I liked how the violence wasn't gratuitous. They could have had limbs flopping everywhere and heads being lopped off. Instead you got people falling out of cars and hitting the ground with ferocity. Much more impact.

Imagine being a special effects guy and getting to work on a film like this. Then spending the whole filming process editing out theron's arm! I need to watch the background stuff, always amazed at how they do limbs missing throughout a film

Also just got back.

What a glorious cacophony of insanity!

So many great scenes, by the end action sequences that would have been the triumphant finale of another film were just another shot that you actually had to force yourself to appreciate how awesome they were.

The film almost feels like a negative of a "normal" film, the action is non stop and the few quiet scenes stand out as dramatically as an action scene would in another movie.

But the real beauty is in the incredible attention to detail. The film tells a fantastic story, but the story is in the tiny asides, the background details, the odd comment. Rather than spoon feed the audience Miller constructs a ballet of destruction and hints at a greater narrative beyond the pretty straightforward main arc. It's really rather fantastic.

It's not perfect, I'd have liked it to be an 18, some of the scenes felt crudely cut to get a 15 certificate and the action was so intense some of the amazing shit almost lost it's impact. And perhaps , just perhaps , Max's performance could have been a little stronger.

Well that was mental and magnificent. Totally Theron's film, though I thought Hoult was fantastic too.

Too many wonderful, insane moments to even start picking best bits. I just sat there grinning like a dickhead for 2 hours.

Seriously, what an amazing piece of work by Miller. The mind boggles at it.

Not got much to add to the conversation. Saw it in an empty cinema- there was only me and the girlfriend there. Which was odd but the same thing happened with Gone Girl at the same cinema- luxury cinema in a high end shopping mall that doesn't get much foot traffic.

Pretty much everything was great, some amazing images, loved Tom Hardy's odd performance, those first twenty minutes or so are breathless, only criticism is when people use words like 'redemption' in their chit-chat- clunky, sledgehammer dialogue. But that's the only complaint.

It felt like a complex odd world you were plunged into. Stuff like the drummers and the guitarist were brilliant. And for a blockbuster movie it felt refreshing weird and wrong at times. Miller's always had that Terry Gilliam like edge to him (especially in movie's like Babe - Pig In The City), but in this he really seemed to be indulging that side, in a good way. So many times my mind melted wondering how the hell they filmed this.

Maybe it could have been longer..? Probably could have happily watched another four or five hours of it.

Pretty much everything was great, some amazing images, loved Tom Hardy's odd performance, those first twenty minutes or so are breathless, only criticism is when people use words like 'redemption' in their chit-chat- clunky, sledgehammer dialogue. But that's the only complaint.

I think it's just the use of language having changed a bit in the new world, with a lot of odd (to us) phrasing and stuff. It was the same kind of thing previously, especially 3. Just language changing over time, compounded by events and the nature of society in the world. I thought the language was shiny and chrome.

Of course another sci-fi favourite writer/director used shiny too.

I suppose it was just that exchange with him and her when he used the word that bugged me a little- felt a bit on the nose in terms of motivation. But yeah, okay, I take the point that language has changed in the world. And all the War Boys chat was fantastic, really liked the whole religious thing they had going on, and the personal steering wheels and so on.

Doesn't appear to have been cut. No mention of BBFC cuts or even advisories to achieve that rating. Run time seems no different.

Everywhere seems to have rated it 15 or whatever their closest is (some 14, some 16). It's just the US that has R because they've got nothing between PG13 and R.