Why has my xbox 360 been banned?

masterhand

Yeah I wish this myth would go away. My mate managed to snag an early copy of MW2 from Sainsburies on Saturday. I congratulated him on his early purchase. "Won't be playing online though, I don't want banned".

Yes, your console can be banned for Sainsburies lack of regard to release dates. :rolleyes:

How much did your mate pay for it? Wouldn't be £26 would it?

Yep. Me late last week. I am currently waiting on my new MW2 Super Elite to turn up for some multiplayer goodness.

:D:facepalm:;):lol:

Various boards are now saying that it's actually the firmware that is being checked by MS :wub:

Yep - the firmware itself is shown as being clear as day to MS. I'm not switching mine on until that little oversight's resolved.

Yep - the firmware itself is shown as being clear as day to MS. I'm not switching mine on until that little oversight's resolved.

Dont think that will prevent it, my mate got banned and he had not turned his on for weeks. Some reports suggest that abgx is not patching some games correctly others say the firmware is visible to MS. Also reported new FW in development called ixtreme LT (Lite Touch).

Hello! I've got a question for YOU. Would Microsoft ban a console for having one of those do-it-youself hard drive upgrades? I put in a non-official 120gb hard drive about a year ago but that's the only modification I've made to my 360. Am I in DANGER?

Hello! I've got a question for YOU. Would Microsoft ban a console for having one of those do-it-youself hard drive upgrades? I put in a non-official 120gb hard drive about a year ago but that's the only modification I've made to my 360. Am I in DANGER?

no your all good.

They are meant to be blocking third party upgrades and shit but that is a separate issue.

Oh man now I'm a bit nervous again. This thread is a rollercoaster.

Third party memory cards (not hard drives as third party ones don't exist and they're not referring to the DIY jobs) like datel unofficial cards, don't worry.

I can't believe people put up with this- firstly MS sell shoddy consoles that RROD, then they start banning people left right and centre for hacking the thing. DISGUSTING!!!!

Actually, joking aside, it is a pretty shitty way of handling your customers. Yeah, it's targeting people who have copied games but surely there's a better way than destroying your customers 360? Do they really expect the majority of people to say "oh, I think I'll purchase ANOTHER fucking 360". Maybe they do, and they're using it as a way to boost hardware sales. The original tactic of RROD has done them wonders for repurchasing of hardware, due to out of warranty failures. How many 360s do people on here buy?

Yeah, it's targeting people who have copied games but surely there's a better way than destroying your customers 360?

It doesn't destroy their 360. They can still keep playing copied games. It stops them from spending any money on the marketplace, though, which is a bit backwards if you ask me.

Do they really make that much from additional hardware sales?