IGNORED

Misfits

Luke

Yeah, one of the problems Heroes had, was that whenever someone died you knew there was a high chance they would come straight back next episode. You just stopped worrying that they might be killed.

Wel, I guess it's an issue with the superhero/comic book genre in general, I've lost track of the number of Marvel characters who've returned from being dead.

Though, the reset button is a bit more instant, even if they do keep making a point of how he has little control of his power.

Loved last nights episode. I kinda worked it out what was going to happen during an early point of the episode, but there was still a shock or two.

Next episode is on sunday night! Although not sure on the jesus story.. im sure it will still be good.

Maybe it will be like the episode where they we're previewing it as a new guy joins them on community service but..

he got killed off pretty much right away by the GTA guy

Loved the final episode but haven't they made a mistake on the timeline?

When Alisha first got left alone in Future Simon's hideout, she watched a video of her giving an interview about the 'ASBO five'. In the final episode we see her give this interview. That timeline was rewound however, and so that means the interview never happens...so how did see watch the video before? Maybe the show has gone off the timeline that creates future simon?

Also in the preview for the chritmas special you see

Simon and Alisha in the hideout again. Hopefully they won't forget that Simon doesn't know it exists!

See for a minute of two, I actually thought

that Kelly was actually going to stay dead. She could still be in it, due to Nathan being able to see dead people. But then when the others started dieing i thought, nah Curtis will time travel especially if the lactose intolarant comment

As soon as he said he was lactose intolerant I could see where it was going.

Yeah it seemed obvious it was going to rewind at some point, that was a massive signpost.

They could have easily brought it up in a different episode earlier in the series.

Yeah it seemed obvious it was going to rewind at some point, that was a massive signpost.

They could have easily brought it up in a different episode earlier in the series.

I suppose but it's not really something you come out and say is it? The fact the weird guy could do stuff with milk prompted his comment i thought.

Need to rewatch it, I thought it was when they were eating pizza. It felt shoehorned in, to me at the time.

The amount of stuff with milk in, is pretty high. He could have just refused a milky tea earlier in the series and job done :)

The fact there's a "here's what happens next week" section at the end of each episode shows that they're catering for idiots. Which the show doesn't really deserve for the most part.

"I'm lactose intolerant" followed by the explanation of what that is was ludicrously contrived and was a big ugly blotch on the episode.

It was mildly annoying but I suppose you just have to assume that bit of the episode (or something similar) happened/would have happened regardless..

Anyway the Christmas episode was fantastic - hilarious and completely sacrilegious.

Plus

New powers for all!!

Just me or was the Christmas special actually a bit rubbish compared to the rest of the series we just watched?

It was like it had been written by someone else or something.

:(

It wasn't the best story (as in the whole jesus thing could have been much better) but i did like the story about them

selling their powers and now getting new ones

It would explain how Simon gets his new teleportation power. Curtis has definatly lost his power, so that would perhaps make it so they can not just rewind episodes but possible a future story where they come across someone with it.

Do we know if a third series has been commissioned?

It sort of felt that they we're wrapping some things up yet at the same time leaving it open just in case..

A third series has been announced.[9] It is scheduled to air in 2011.

according to wikipedia anyway.

INT. COMMUNITY CENTRE

The Crisp Killer approaches the group with some crisps.

The Crisp Killer: Crisps anyone?

Nathan: Mmm, crisps!

Everyone else except Curtis: Yes!

Curtis turns towards the camera.

Curtis: Don't like crisps.

He winks at the camera.

They all die of crisp poisoning except Curtis but Curtis rewinds and then they all kill the Crisp Killer and bury him.

Hopefully they will stick to Curtis not being able to get his power back, as it had already been sold to someone else, so there will be no rewind next series.

I'm guessing that Simon won't get invisibility back either (as that will explain why he wore the mask, rather than just turning invisible); however, as he travels back in time, I guess we're still not completely free from time travel.

Of course, the way Simon travels back in time is very different to what Curtis could do.

You're definitely not overthinking a shallow but entertaining TV program.

Anyway the Christmas show was pretty good, I liked Nathan's new girlfriend a lot, the "should you be carrying that?" bit was perfect and I look forward to more scenes with them two.

Just me or was the Christmas special actually a bit rubbish compared to the rest of the series we just watched?

It was like it had been written by someone else or something.

:(

I thought it was excellent, the bit with the afterbirth had me in fits of laughter.

The fact they all have the opportunity to come back with new powers is a great idea.

Also for those asking about a third series, at the end of the episode the voice over said it is returning for a third series at the end of next year.

Also I think it's best to not think too deeply into the story, there are loads of holes, the whole Simon and Alisha thing continuing even though time had rewound, and Curtis getting over the death of his gf in about 10mins, as examples just from this ep.

Love the show but the rewind hole was so massive that was terrible. All they had to do (as they must have realised it) was stick in a scene where she decides to tell him anyway. Curtis getting over what happened wasn't too obvious he was very quiet. The episode was only good for the setup for the next series really (and the usual awesome humour).

PS/ Regarding the lactose intolerant thing with the last episode. I liked it if only for the brief second you thought "oh shit" when the guy pulls a knife out instead. Kind of makign everything obvious but then shoving in a millisecond of a swerve.

I thought it was excellent, the bit with the afterbirth had me in fits of laughter.

I think it's the first TV program I've ever seen where the afterbirth is really mentioned, and certainly shown. OK, you may get a slight mention of it, but it never really reflects how truly horrific and large it is.

It's completely understandable that none of them, including the mother, would have any idea what it was. OK, Nathan's freaking out was a little OTT, but brilliant all the same.

Love the show but the rewind hole was so massive that was terrible. All they had to do (as they must have realised it) was stick in a scene where she decides to tell him anyway.

Yeah, I just assumed that happened in the two (or was it three) months that we didn't see. It did seem a little odd, though.

I did find the fact that Simon knew about the flat etc a bit weird, but I think by showing the recap and the fact that it's 3 months later means the audience can just assume that some of the stuff pre the rewind would happen anyway. The idea that the writers literally forgot that they'd done that is a bit daft though, I guess they could have made it clearer though. I've confused myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the right place to say that I met the girl who plays Alisha in this and she is thoroughly lovely?

Probably. She is insanely hot.

Re: the last episode, as if someone would have bought Curtis' power (uncontrollable timetravel) but not immortality.

• 2 months later...

OK, forgive me a slightly gushing post, but I've just finished the second series and the Christmas special.

(Firstly, I wish this topic's subtitle wasn't "Heroes crossed with Skins" - I hate the idea that anything with young people in is Skins-esque, especially when the characters in this are well-written, multi-dimensional non-wankers. Still, that's the fault of the cunts who made Skins in the first place. It's more like "Heroes, except funny and brilliant instead of up its own arse and far too ambitious".)

I am very much in love with this show, even though it totally beat me to some of the things I'm trying to write for my own script (and beat me well). The main thing is that honestly, I can't think of even one thing that's "wrong" with it. There's nothing that doesn't work. If you like the premise, you get to watch them run with with it flawlessly, all the way to the endzone. From the start, it's clear that they're simultaneously indulging in and sending up the classic superhero tropes, and the writing stays true to that. From day one we know that they've all got "personality powers" (aside from the obvious, it's clever that Kelly already knows what people think when they see her). Simon saying "it's part of who I am" when he doesn't want to sell his power at the end of series 2 was a really well-judged nod to that. Also, during the Christmas special, I genuinely had no idea how the plot was going to resolve. Usually in Doctor Who and that I have an inkling, but Misfits genuinely kept me guessing. Good work.

Then there's the gags. Right now, I think TV Burp might be the only show that's writing sharp enough jokes to make me choke on my drink, rather than the wry smiles that other shows seem to be aiming for. Add Misfits to that. Nathan putting on Careless Whisper for Simon when he gets turned gay. Lots of Nathan moments, let's be honest. Kelly's usually solid gold too - "this is why people kill you". Oh, and "we never abused our powers! We never raped or murdered anyone!" "She raped me, and we killed loads of people".

Finally, a quick note: Ed Hogg, the dude who plays Jesus in the Christmas special, is working on a film which my mum's also in. I can report that he's an awesome guy, and stars in a very good, very strange film called White Lightnin'. Soundtracked by a guy from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (and it's a very intense soundtrack).

So, I love the fuck out of Misfits and I can't wait for series 3 (I googled, it said it was confirmed, right?). Meet you here, folks,