The RROD thread

j.m.ratkos

The locking up is due to the machine running hot, and you get cld solder joints around the gpu and/or scaler chip. It will probably keep locking up or most probably E74 or just lose video. Shame to hear as it's a Jasper, guess they are not invincible. :)

Do you keep it in an av unit, or vertical, or both?

Shame to hear.

It could last another 6 months/year even though. They sometimes rebake the solder balls and all will be good for a while, a lot of the time not though.

Try and play it again, but let it idle for 10/20 minutes first, see if that helps.

I sent mine off on Monday last week and should get it back tomorrow through UPS. The entire process was done online and I must admit, it was completely painless. Tracking my 360 on UPS has been strangely fun

BARKING, GB 26/10/2009 16:55 DEPARTURE SCAN

26/10/2009 15:21 ARRIVAL SCAN

BRUSSELS, BE 26/10/2009 8:18 DEPARTURE SCAN

26/10/2009 0:26 ARRIVAL SCAN

KOELN (COLOGNE), DE 24/10/2009 3:37 DEPARTURE SCAN

24/10/2009 2:41 ARRIVAL SCAN

FRANKFURT, DE 24/10/2009 0:08 DEPARTURE SCAN

FRANKFURT, DE 23/10/2009 19:14 ORIGIN SCAN

DE 23/10/2009 0:32 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

It's gone on a mini tour of Europe :blah:

My broken Wii on the other hand has been dealt with terribly (in comparison). I sent it off after they sent a label through the post, they sent me a further letter through the post telling what is wrong with and advised me to visit a url address that gave me an error message so I could pay for the repair. What I am going to have to do is telephone them and give my payment over the phone - they open between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, when I am at work. This is in Coventry and it's taken longer to get there and get diagnosed than a 360 that's gone to Germany - I sent the Wii off one day after the 360 was collected.

I am going to complain like a bitch to Nintendo as, compared to Microsoft, they're a shambles.

I sent mine off on Monday last week and should get it back tomorrow through UPS. The entire process was done online and I must admit, it was completely painless. Tracking my 360 on UPS has been strangely fun

It's gone on a mini tour of Europe :blah:

Hehe ours must have met on the way there and shared the taxi on the way back :)

Sorting mine out with Microsoft, had to phone them in the end, now just gotta await the UPS label and get in touch with them to pick it up.

I really wanted to be getting Gay Tony today, but such is life. Probably best if I don't get a new distraction right now!

Mine hung on the dashboard after doing the update, I rebooted it, it hung on the startup logo, I waited a while then turned it on again and it three red ringed. Most of the time it's just hanging on startup but I'm sending back as a RROD.

Right, well the UPS man came to take my console away today, while I was out, and my flatmate gave him my console in my 360 box, which had both my pads and all my wires in it. The only thing it didn't have inside was my hard drive, which I'd luckily taken out the night before.

I'm not going to get any of the extra stuff back, am I?

Right, well the UPS man came to take my console away today, while I was out, and my flatmate gave him my console in my 360 box, which had both my pads and all my wires in it. The only thing it didn't have inside was my hard drive, which I'd luckily taken out the night before.

I'm not going to get any of the extra stuff back, am I?

I'd give them a call. Although it clearly states not to send leads/controllers etc., I'm quite sure they'll send it all back.

My console came back this week and, in total, it took just eight days from registering the repair to receiving my console back - in comparison to my broken Wii, I am mightily impressed with the service Microsoft gave me - also the free month live card was a nice touch. Germans FTW.

Mine red ringed a while ago and I went through the process of sorting it out online, expecting a nice 80 quid charge to repair it. When I followed through the online thing and got to the invoice page it said £0.00. I don't really get why, as it said in big red letters OUT OF WARRANTY . (It was a launch machine and was obviously waaaay out of the warranty, unless it runs from the last time it was repaired... which was still a while ago.) But I sent it all off, kind of expecting an email at some point asking for some moneys, but that never happened. Got it back the other day. All fixed. This happened to anyone else?

Mine red ringed a while ago and I went through the process of sorting it out online, expecting a nice 80 quid charge to repair it. When I followed through the online thing and got to the invoice page it said £0.00. I don't really get why, as it said in big red letters OUT OF WARRANTY . (It was a launch machine and was obviously waaaay out of the warranty, unless it runs from the last time it was repaired... which was still a while ago.) But I sent it all off, kind of expecting an email at some point asking for some moneys, but that never happened. Got it back the other day. All fixed. This happened to anyone else?

When you get a refurb or yours back, warranty is reset. So you're good for another 3 years now.

The laser finally stopped reading everything on my old 360 a week ago, a year and a bit after I got it. ;)

Oh well, got a replacement and if I ever have an issue with lasers again, I'm going to force a RROD as soon as possible and hope for a refurb unit, not mine back...

When you get a refurb or yours back, warranty is reset. So you're good for another 3 years now.

The laser finally stopped reading everything on my old 360 a week ago, a year and a bit after I got it. ;)

Oh well, got a replacement and if I ever have an issue with lasers again, I'm going to force a RROD as soon as possible and hope for a refurb unit, not mine back...

they seem to replace the dvd drive as well most of the time with a RROD.

Just curious... how long does it take microsoft to send you the returns label after you've filled in your details on the repair request site?

(I was rashly assuming it would be near-instant. But, obviously, it isn't....)

Just curious... how long does it take microsoft to send you the returns label after you've filled in your details on the repair request site?

(I was rashly assuming it would be near-instant. But, obviously, it isn't....)

You should get it within 24 hours or so. I take it you mean by e-mail.

That's not what they told me when my last one broke down. It's 90 days apparently.

Well I thought it was something more like that. It was just strange as it said it was out of warranty. I'm not complaining (apart from the fact that it broke, for he second time), I just thought that i'd managed to get a free repair from 'The Man'.

3 red and green power light, went through the website only to get an ERROR, called the number to be told to contact the website at every turn, finally got a helper and 10 mins in she tells me my machine is out of warranty.

Do I have any regular recourse or am I going to have to exploit work contacts (again...)?

Mine just died again, and thats the 3rd of 4th time now (there seems to always be something wrong with it) ,so I cant be arsed with all this faffing around anymore and am just going to use my dusty old ps3 instead from now on.

Goodbye xbox!!

Bloody hell mate that sucks.

I am too fucking scared to turn mine on now until MW2 time. If it explodes when I turn it on, Ill blame you*.

* I wont blame you!