Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

The Sarge

Announcement Trailer (CG)

Story Info, Game Features & Concept Art.

The game takes place between Prince of Persia The Sands of Time and Prince of Persia Warrior Within and has the Prince visiting his brother's kingdom following his adventure in Azad, only to find the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction.

"When the decision is made to use the ancient power of the Sand in a desperate gamble to save the kingdom from total annihilation, the Prince will embark on an epic adventure in which he will learn to bear the mantle of true leadership, and discover that great power often comes with a great cost," Ubi says.

Game features include (in the publisher's words):

* "Classic Gameplay Reinvented: From huge-scale multi-enemy combat to dizzying feats of acrobatic prowess in gigantic environments enhanced by the Prince's ability to control nature and time, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands will push the Prince's prodigious abilities to unseen levels.

* "A Blockbuster Experience: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands will offer players unforgettable set pieces made possible by the advanced technology offered by the award-winning Anvil engine. With all-out war at the gates of the kingdom, the Prince's abilities will be challenged like never before through the course of epic wow moments.

* "Mastery Over Nature: Wielding powers of nature and time, the Prince will have unparalleled mastery over his environment and his enemies. The Prince will discover that harnessing the forces of nature itself will prove to be a devastating companion to his ability to rewind time.

* "Return of a Fan-Favourite Franchise: Set between Prince of Persia The Sands of Time and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands will provide fans a new chapter in the Prince of Persia universe and deepen their understanding of the Sands of Time series.

Wii, Nintendo DS and PSP system versions will feature "a different gaming experience" from the versions for Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 system, Ubisoft adds.

7CtUz.jpg

KgOOc.jpg

Oh6fv.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=229568

"marks the return to the Prince of Persia® Sands of Time storyline"

That sentence is enough to inspire confidence.

Then you remember that the stupid film will be out at the same time so this will just be a blatant tie-in, with little to no care put into how it's actually made. Could be wrong, but I'm not.

It's very soon, too - especially considering we've heard nothing of it until now. I think we'll get a reskinned take on the cel-shaded recent game, perhaps with a few tweaks to the controls, a greater emphasis on the platforming rather than the combat, and the prince looking more like Jake Gyllenhaal.

Ubi Soft did say they're working on a game more closely tied to the movie, so I guess this is it.

What I want to know is have they abandoned the story in the new Prince of Persia? I played the game and the DLC they released and the whole thing just ended.

I loved the last one. The platforming was great and felt so fun to play. It was only the combat that was fucked up (and they took most of that out rather than persist).

I reckon they'd have been working on a sequel anyway and they'll just be skinning it and rejigging it to resemble the film.

Considering the lack of parkour this year I'm a happy bunny.

It started out pretty well, but a few hours in and I was... bored. It wasn't shit, just didn't manage to engage. (Though some may say that is a Ubi trademark.)

Yeah.

SOT was great. Can't they just make another one like that? Is it really so bloody hard?

That team is doing the AC franchise, I think they only did The Sands of Time before moving on to AC.

AC2 has some tremendous platform sequences that truly evoke TSOT by the way, even though I read these were actually done by Ubisoft Shanghai.

We'll see how it turns out, but I'm not that hopeful, as the last one wasn't exactly what I wanted.

I think Jordan Mechner probably had quite a lot to do with the quality of Sands of Time, as he left after that came out and was replaced by some emo-looking cunt with ridiculous hair and tattoos who restyled the Prince to look like himself.

I think Jordan Mechner probably had quite a lot to do with the quality of Sands of Time, as he left after that came out and was replaced by some emo-looking cunt with ridiculous hair and tattoos who restyled the Prince to look like himself.

As this is coming out around the same time as the movie expect a virtual Jake Gyllenhaal, who also looks like an emo-looking cunt with ridiculous hair and tatoo's.

A few years ago I attended a presentation by the writers of the latter two PoPs. They apparently started from scratch trying to bring the series 'up to speed' with modern times. I was kind of flabbergasted while I sat there. It was as if they were literally slaughtering the goose with the golden eggs live on stage. Somehow it was far from surprising to find out they had a background in film, rather than games.

That the guys still managed to land more contracts (they did Army of Two, new PoP and the ACs, for instance) was just mind-boggling in a way. They certainly know how to push a publisher's buttons, and fair cop to them, but you could say they are 'from the wrong side of the tracks' for us Muk'ers.

Yeah.

SOT was great. Can't they just make another one like that? Is it really so bloody hard?

Well, even if they wanted to is really very hard. SoT is one of the finest games ever made and a classic.

Either way, as I said, they don't seem to want to make another like that.

They are pretty happy actually letting stupid people bring the franchise down to the mediocre levels it resides now.

Way to go Ubi.

Well, even if they wanted to is really very hard. SoT is one of the finest games ever made and a classic.

Either way, as I said, they don't seem to want to make another like that.

They are pretty happy actually letting stupid people bring the franchise down to the mediocre levels it resides now.

Way to go Ubi.

Go on then, YOU make a better game.