IGNORED

[FM3] Rllmuk Endurance Cup - Group 3

Count Buffalos

Yeah, I had to evade Hask there as well in that very same corner for the very same reasons. He seems to have some rather odd braking points compared to everyone else.

Probably because he still drives with ABS on.

We should teach him how to brake properly :) You can brake so much later (and through that, more efficiently) without aids. Just don't slam 'm, and keep a good feeling for when they're JUST away from locking up.

Well I really enjoyed what little racing I had. Mid-field qualifying put me in an unaccustomed position from the off. Had a good little battle with Snomwan who got the better of me after a couple of laps, and Meerman quickly got past me. A lap later, I saw Hask run wide into the final straight during his battle with another driver, and spied a pressuring opportunity going into the final corner. Unfortunately, he braked eaerlier than I thought he would, and I smashed into the back of him and then the tyre wall. Sorry Hask, entirely my fault - it's proablably my line into that corner, I brake very late there. I limped into the pits, but it was evident that the car had some seriously compromising areo damage. I struggled on for a couple more laps until the car understeered at high speed and then let go into turn 1, which put me into the tyre wall with more damage, and from there retirement.

I'd be up for a return to Spebirng Morco, it's a track I enjoy.

It was just a racing accident, no problem :)

From my point of view, I took the mentioned corner before too hard resulting in missing the corner and having lots of wheelspin. When we entered the final corner I saw you next to me for a second and then behind me in my rearview mirror, so I thought I could take the corner a bit tighter. It´s true I brake earlier there ´cause I find it really easy to overshoot that corner and usually take it a bit easy, actually that corner is the No.1 reason I don't like Sebring much :)

When I was turning in you hit me slightly in the rightside, causing me to veer to the left. I then tried to keep up the speed and making the corner and was right behind you when you hit the barrier and there just was nowhere left for me to go. In hindsight I could have taken it a bit easier, but it was a bit heat of the moment :)

Probably because he still drives with ABS on.

We should teach him how to brake properly :) You can brake so much later (and through that, more efficiently) without aids. Just don't slam 'm, and keep a good feeling for when they're JUST away from locking up.

Yes, please teach me :)

I've tried to play yesterday without ABS on, with the Exige and a Lambo. On the Lambo I reduced the braking force to about 80%, else it locks the brakes too easily. On the Exige, with Smith' tune I cannot set it, but I replayed Sebring for about 20 laps and trying to adapt. It went ok for the most part, but I´ll still need plenty of excercise! I can imagine it's a lot easier with more travel, as provided with the wheel and pedals. Fastest lap was about 1:13.100.

It was obvious that I could brake later though, as long as you don't lock the wheels :)

You only just found out it doesn't have a clutch? Even with all those pictures in the setup thread? :rolleyes:

Fork out €500 and you'll have the Fanatek one, with clutch pedal and stick shift. On the MS wheel, you'll have to use the A button as Morcs said, but at the cost of the 'look left and right' function on the X and B buttons respectively. There's no option to customise the buttons on the wheel to your tastes, alas.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry fellas, I'm going through a bit of gaming apathy right now. I'm trying to play through Mass Effect again ready for ME2 the end of the month, but it's just not happening and I find myself doing other stuff instead. So I'm gonna back out of this for a little while. :D

Oh man, you're throwing some good points down the drain. :wub:

Morcs, you'll be driving for the Captain. :twisted:

Yeah absolutely gutted, the first 23 laps were ace though. I think meatball should at least get some points for that one, I'm happy to give him my 3rd place if Captain LeChuck isn't bothered?

I've stuck the replay up on my storefront with description "rllmuk endu motegi grp3"

Yet another lucky win for me. Totally undeserved. Meatball dropping out was such a shame as the racing up front was really enjoyable. Like Morco said, he should get some points at least. Maybe even the win. I highly doubt I would have caught him if he'd continued to the finish.

Edit:

The results as they stand for the moment:

1) Snowman 183

2) HaskNL

3) morco

4) apking57

5) Byalant

6) meatball46 (DNF)

The only person who loses points is Meatball, due to my pointless pitstop :ph34r: Whatever happens everyone would have the same points anyway, except 6 would go to The Captain instead of Meatball

Think that was my favourite rllmuk race so far, was pushing so hard to stay in front of Meatball and just managing to get lap after lap almost spot on, compensating for the bit of engine damage I was running :) Had to go defensive and take a short line through that last complex a couple of times when he got real close, must admit he gave me a lot of leeway though, could have lost the lead on a couple of occasions if he'd taken his space :D Just before he got disconnected I got a bad run into the 3rd straight so took the centre-line, Meatball had a look at the outside but then went in, but decided not to risk it, pretty sure he'd have had me there! Might dig that out of the replay later!